What's the very first thing you do

Mikester71

We usually take a nice, leisurely stroll through the store and cafeteria at Pop Century (where we usually stay) before heading to our rooms to unpack. We enjoy the scenery along the way and check out the pools and that. After we unpack and get settled in, we usually catch a bus to Downtown Disney and spend the first afternoon/night shopping and going to DisneyQuest. I like doing this because it lets us get in some walking so that we can stretch our legs out from the long car trip down there (2 days of being cramped in a mini van).

We usually save the MK for our first full day down so that we can get a good nights sleep :snore: and enjoy the park to its fullest.

KimnAbby

Spaceship Earth is my favorite, so I'd be all for going on that one first! :) Although depending on what time of day it is, the line could be too long. We always go right in the early evening and there's never a line!

This year, we only had 3 days in Disney so we wanted to make the most of them. My daughter and I met my mom and stepdad at the hotel right from the plane and headed straight for the Magic Kingdom. We dd Carousel of Progress first, because my daughter and I both love it.

I think no matter what you do, the trip will be totally memorable and amazing!

BigNorm

For me and my family it's about relaxing when we first get there. We'll hang out in the room for a little bit, grab a sandwich, then we head over to DTD for a little shopping...nothing crazy though, we'll stay there an hour or maybe two then head back to the motel to get an early start the next morning.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I'm suprised no one else takes a family oriented potty break.

If I can, the first Disney thing I like to do is walk around the Oasis in the morning with a cup of coffee. I love the natural beauty of DAK and can spend quite a large amount of time doing that. Very relaxing.

mouselvrmom

I always hit MK first. I walk through the gates, stop, take a deap breath and take a good look at Main Street, the Castle, the cast members costumes, the people selling the Balloons, all the smiling faces, the fantastic window displays......I smile really big and think "ah, I'm finally home"

That is so me! I almost can't think until I can get into MK. :)

Eyekimore

After driving for 18 hours in the car- we usually check in- grab a little bite to eat- and head directly to MK for a ride on the Wedway. (Yeah- I know here we go riding in anothe car-but we're at Disney :) )

Bug715

I always have the "I'm Home" feeling when we pull up to the Boardwalk then am reminded of it when we check in since we're DVC members. The past few years we've spent the first partial day at the pool since we've been waiting on other family members. Then get to bed early to hit the parks at opening. Can't wait till I get down there this summer!

mdjbenkert

For us, we check in to our resort, grab a bite to eat and relax around the resort for a few hours, enjoy the pool, shop. We then head over in the evening to MK. It has been a tradition since I was a kid, we always hit Space Mountain first, then get a cup of coffee and sit and people watch. Just taking in the sights and sounds of the park is an experience in itself.

billyd52

Coming from Tennessee we get checked in about 7-7:30 am and go to Animal Kingdom because it closes earliest and gives us a chance to get back to the resort and unpack and unwind. Maybe go to downtown disney to shop a bit

GoofyDad45

We get in later in the afternoon

And head straight to EPCOT and sometimes have time for a ride before our traditional dinner at Garden Grill. Not sure how it got started, but now its like a jinx if we dont do it!

MattyFresh

Check in, unload, and either hit the pool, or just venture around sightseeing. I have always drove from NC and usually by the time we get there its pointless to waste a ticket for a partial day in the parks. So its basically a "rest" day, although I don't rest much because of the anticipation of what the next day will bring.

slappy magoo

No definitive thing. Next trip, the plan is to leave home (Jersey shore) early evening after packing the night befor & resting/napping throughout the day, drive straight down overnight when it'll be cooler and (hopefully) much less crowded on I-95, get to WL by mid-afternoon, check in to our studio, take a nap or hang by the pool, dinner at Whispering Canyon, and an early night to bed so we can hit the ground running the next day.

maxe14

we usually arrive around 11:00 am in Orlando from IL. As soon as we get to our rooms we head to MK and always ride Splash Mountain first...no matter how long the wait is. then is it dinner @ CRT and Spectromagic. Wishes is saved for another night!

this thread is getting me so excited for that first day!! only 34 more days to go!! :sohappy:

Kerby626

First thing we do is MK, and Buzz Lightyear. That way if I win I can trash talk, if I lose I get to listen to the wifes trash talk. Then we go from there.

MaXXimus

If our room is ready by some small miracle when we arrive then I was thinking unpack, breakfast, grand tour of WL and then head for MK... open till 2AM woohoo :)

tomm4004

3PM pool rule.

Since we invariably take a morning flight that gets in around 1pm, my goal is always to be in the resort pool by 2:30, 3pm at the latest. On pretty much every trip I've been able to accomplish this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom