What's the most surprising thing you've seen at Disney

barnett

I've been thinking of this since the thread started. At the MK bus lines, late - must have been EMH - not many people around - a woman was running after her husband and teenage daughter saying something along the lines of it wasn't her fault. The man turns around and hauls off to hit her, sees me and stops short. I was so stunned I didn't know what to do as I was alone. In hindsight, I wish I had said something about the behavior he was modeling for his daughter. Nothing that I could have said to a domestic violence victim in that setting would have mattered but maybe I could have put a thought in the idiots head.

Matt_Black

I've been thinking of this since the thread started. At the MK bus lines, late - must have been EMH - not many people around - a woman was running after her husband and teenage daughter saying something along the lines of it wasn't her fault. The man turns around and hauls off to hit her, sees me and stops short. I was so stunned I didn't know what to do as I was alone. In hindsight, I wish I had said something about the behavior he was modeling for his daughter. Nothing that I could have said to a domestic violence victim in that setting would have mattered but maybe I could have put a thought in the idiots head.

Yeah, that's a... yeah. There's really no good answer in that scenario.

Sans Souci

Do you know what's sad about that? What you see in public is the tip of the iceberg in domestic violence situations.

jazzinator

Not quite on target, but I'm not sure there's any other place to share it.

My family and I were staying at a moderate, and since I snore, I woke up in the middle of the night and thought I'd take a walk around the resort and give the family a chance to sleep. I walked around the pool at 3 am, and in so doing, realized that there was a couple in the hot tub getting intimate. I desperately tried to find another exit from the pool area but could not find any other way out. Finally, I tried to sneak by.

The most surprising part is that they must have heard me and stopped because the guy called out, asking if I saw anything. I was too polite to look, but what else was I going to say but, "Nothing!" as I left.

jensenrick

The last time I was at MK, I stopped at IaSW to see the clock go off, and I overhead a 30ish man with his young daughter ask the CM at the entrance if this was a walk through attraction. Not to be judgmental, I know it's some people's first time, but seriously- what rock have you been under than you haven't heard of It's a Small World?

This. I did a double, then a triple, take when participating in the Princess 1/2 marathon in 2012.

404299_10150591553580662_79398263_n.jpg

Runmyhorse

We just got back sept 28th. We were standing in line waiting on soar and this kid about maybe 10 maybe younger and his family were in line. The kid was crying and being hysterical about the ride. He calmed down for a few then freak out. We get to the part were you on the numbers and the whole time the kid is scteaming and crying talking aboit he needs to get out. The parents are cusiing him and such. Then the doors open and the parents drag this poor kid in jolding his hands in the air so he would stop ggrabbing the railings. The whole time telling him to up and cussing him. He is wailing. I felt so bad for this child. The hook him in and hes still wailing. The cms look un comfortable about the whole thing but what can they do.one even says to not make him ride it and points to the exit. The parents are screaming he is fine. Everyone is looking. The cm goes and starts the ride. Tue kid is fine through the ride but I just think its bad parenting to drag a kid on there like that. I just keep thinking I wonder whay his life is like if his parents do that to him in public with people watching. I still think about that. Makes me sad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom