What's the most surprising thing you've seen at Disney

mergatroid

Original Poster
I also see the opposite during the winter. Teens wearing T-shirts, shorts, and sandals during the winter. And they wonder why they are cold. And their parents let them do it. Either the parents are clueless or decide that their children need to figure it out for themselves.

Maybe they're British like me, your weather in Orlando is rarely what we think of as cold ;)

iYazmo

I got ran over by one of the infamous Brazilian tour groups at Hollywood Studios. Was in the Fastpass line for Rock N' Roller Coaster and a group of about 50 pushed me out of the way and attempted to shove me on the ground as they all continually cut in front of the rest of the Fastpass line.

Queenof<3<3

Literally just yesterday while waiting for a m&g with Alice and the white rabbit, the white rabbit was coming to his spot when he takes the biggest fall I've ever seen. He ate it so bad and almost lost his head but managed to keep it on. I just stood there shocked. Poor guy. They quickly whisked back to where he came from and Alice followed.

mortimor

Great thread....I have one story to add and while we were at WDW it was technically not on property. Part of our tradition is to pick up Papa John's Pizza off the strip and bring them back to our resort, we do this at least once when we do not have the dining plan. A number of years ago, we were there waiting to pick up pizzas when I saw a white vehicle drive by a couple times real slow. This area is not without its problems and I thought it was somewhat suspicious. The car returns and stops at the end of the strip mall. Passenger exits and walks quickly to the store. Passenger enters store, runs behind the counter and takes a human size teddy bear that was part of some display and runs out. Passenger is now carrying a teddy bear that is bigger than him, trying to run while his pants are falling down (the guy was far from being in the ideal body mass index) and finally makes it into the car, which then squeals it tires and takes off. A few minutes later, the manager comes out to my rental car and asks if I saw what had taken place. I was laughing so hard that I could not remember the type of car it was, even though I used to own one, a white early '80s Ford Thunderbird. I do remember thinking that I could run him down while he was on the sidewalk, but I had to watch it play out. The manager did tell me he thought it was someone from another store, same chain, that was responsible.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I also see the opposite during the winter. Teens wearing T-shirts, shorts, and sandals during the winter. And they wonder why they are cold. And their parents let them do it. Either the parents are clueless or decide that their children need to figure it out for themselves.

My daughter is one of those, even though she's now in her 20s. lol

We visited over Valentine's Day in 2012, when the weather dipped into the low 30s at night and she wore flip flops the entire time. And she wondered why her little toes were red....

BigRedDad

How quickly parents can get upset while there. Yes, it is supposed to be the happiest place on Earth, The problem with that is WDW has let the whole Earth into the parks at one time. Overly crowded + heat + humidity + time = testing the limits of nerves. I have not done it, but I sure can understand it happening unfortunately. The reason it happens most of the time is the parents fault. Some parents go once and want to get every penny out of it. It simply won't happen. Kids are in sensory overload. They do not know they are tired. They go from 100MPH to an instant stop. Parents need to plan accordingly to their children and realize resting is critical.

I hit this with my daughter. She need time to just stop going around. She needed to either sit in an AC building, hit a playground at the park, or back to the resort for a nap and/or pool break. Fortunately for us, we do not have to try to do everything. We do what we want, when we want if we can. If we can't do something, oh well. We will try doing it another day or on another trip. I can honestly say that if I had unlimited funds and time, I could NOT do everything that WDW has to offer in 4 weeks. I think I would need 3 months. When you think about all of what can be done, it is not too far out of the question that would take 3 months. There is no way you can cram it into a week. People need to stop trying.

Otterhead

The most surprising thing that's happened to me... I think would probably be the time I walked into Disney-MGM and, just inside the entrance, a teenager spat a big loogie right into my face the moment I walked thru the turnstyle. He ran out the entrance and a guard ran after him. No idea what happened after that, I was on my way to the bathroom to clean up!

G00fyDad

October 2008. TSMM had been open for about 5.5 months and it was still drawing huge crowds to the park. We stood at the rope drop (right at the rope) and when they finished the routine and opened the rope a man to our right (who was hopping on his toes like someone trying to "stay loose" for a run) put his hand on a child's head, shoved him to the ground to "push off" for the run and then sprinted as fast as humanly possible for the ride. No one who saw this could believe it. From what I could ascertain they removed the man from the park shortly after the CM's caught up with him. Thankfully I think they walk people to the rides now.

jloucks

The most surprising thing that's happened to me... I think would probably be the time I walked into Disney-MGM and, just inside the entrance, a teenager spat a big loogie right into my face the moment I walked thru the turnstyle. He ran out the entrance and a guard ran after him. No idea what happened after that, I was on my way to the bathroom to clean up!

At Six Flags we were on a roller coaster and 4 teens up front thought it would be hilarious to spit off the coaster while it was moving. Yea, those behind where covered in spit. Myself and a bunch of other passengers reported them to security and we saw them getting lectured shortly thereafter.

What is it with teens and expectoration? Cool?

ninjaprincesst

My daughter is one of those, even though she's now in her 20s. lol

We visited over Valentine's Day in 2012, when the weather dipped into the low 30s at night and she wore flip flops the entire time. And she wondered why her little toes were red....

Mine will wear shorts and a sweatshirt and sandals the whole combo makes no sense to me

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Now THAT would get my Italian tempered mouth moving.........:mad:

Similar thing nearly happened to me at HS last July. Group of 50+ kids realized that they were in the standby line instead of the FP+ line where several of their buddies were standing. And the chaperone held up a fistful of tickets to reiterate. And by fistful, I mean a stack of 30 or so ticket cards. And the FP+ line already reached back to the trinket carts. Fortunately, this guy realized that there would be a riot if he let the kids cut in front of the rest of us, so they got to the end of the line, which then snaked back to the overhead guitar.

sheriffwoody

I have a good surprising thing!

Backstory: I used to be an Etsy seller, and made some friends through doing that, mostly people I've never met in real life. One of them lives in Orlando and we have a mutual love of Disney.

So while my new husband and I were at MK on our honeymoon, I hear "Kristi?!" I turn around and there is my friend going with her partner to eat dinner in the park! Of all the places at WDW, we happened to be at the same place at the same time. It was such a nice surprise! She knew we were down there that week, but of course had no idea which park or anything. I think she was kind of keeping an eye out, just in case we happened to be around, so that's how she spotted us. :)

Otterhead

Another good surprising thing: walking out of Animal Kingdom to see Launchpad McQuack in full safari garb, posing for photos. Never seen him before or since!

Bcakd

I saw Michael J. Fox and his family walking around Epcot about 18 years ago. He is tiny. The funniest thing I ever saw was a couple of kids (14-16) trying to hurdle over the bus line walk-thru bars as they were being all "I'm too cool for these baby rides" and 2 of them (there were 4) ran a jumped at the same time and face planted it right there! Both came up with skinned faces and one actually busted his nose. We tried not to laugh, but when the one that had been the big talker said "it's not funny man, go find my mom. I think I just peed myself", I couldn't help but giggle and thank Karma!

Otterhead

One time in the late 80s, I was walking through MK and noticed a bunch of really big security-looking guys surrounding someone. We were headed in the same direction they were coming from, and as I walked by, a small, skinny redheaded woman in a leather jacket ran right into me, said "Oops! I'm sorry!" in a thick Long Island accent, and walked away -- I'd just literally run into Cyndi Lauper!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom