What's the most surprising thing you've seen at Disney

As I was relaxing on a shaded bench across from 50s Prime Time enjoying my Mickey ice cream last week, a woman carries her diaper aged child (about 15 months) over to the railing around Echo Lake. She makes the comment, as I watched her pull a clean one out of the diaper bag, "let's change it and you will feel much better". And she's standing at the end of the bench, 2 feet from where I am resting my hot and weary self, enjoying my ice cream. And proceeds to take off the kid's shorts and change his diaper as he's standing at the railing (and I'm eating my ice cream!). Then her husband walks over with their older son. She hands him the used diaper, which he proceeds to put on the end of the bench. Then lifts his son over the railing so the kid can play with the ducks (and me hoping the kid doesn't tumble into the water). Then lifts his son back over the railing and walks away, leaving the used diaper on the bench. To which I shout - "sir, I think you forgot something!" Trust me, if I had a pair of rubber gloves in my back pack, I would have put them on and tested how well a balled up used diaper did a curve ball. ;) Fortunately, after shouting it again, the guy realized "you talking to me" and sheepishly comes back to retrieve the diaper. To which I said, "you know, they have changing tables in the rest rooms. Try using one the next time." And no, they weren't foreigners. They were Americans. From the South. Yes, I recognized the accent.

And just when I'd thought I'd seen all the "leggings are NOT pants" wearers.... I was walking behind a couple in DTD. She was a tad on the plump side (trying to be kind) and pushing a stroller. Now it was 100 degrees, bright sun and I, in spite of using an entire can of sunscreen spray, was starting to feel a bit crispy fried. So why would one wear black? Especially black hose? I say hose, not tights or leggings, because they were so sheer, like pantyhose, that I could see the TINY black thongs (more like dental floss) she was wearing underneath. She might as well as worn nothing but the thongs because that's how sheer the hose/leggings/tights were. I can only imagine what the front view was like. Do they make Mickey stickers that big???!!
As someone from Georgia, I hate it when someone from the south does something like that. It paints us all in a negative light.

Jahona

A housekeeper looking into my room while I was sleeping at riverside! :(

I had this happen at Coronado last July. Actually it happened several times. Our Do Not Disturb card was missing for the first few days of our trip and housekeeping would roll on by at 8:30 AM. The last guy back at night kept forgetting to also set the deadbolt and other locks which didn't help.

G00fyDad

A housekeeper looking into my room while I was sleeping at riverside! :(

Try being on the other side of that when two people are .... "making sammiches" and they leave the curtains open some. :jawdrop: Saw this little gem about 8 years ago at the All Stars Music. I was walking down the walkway (our building was a bit of a walk from the main building so it wasn't near a high traffic area) passing rooms and I saw a guy standing at a room's window staring. I thought it was his room until he saw me coming and walked away quickly. As I got next to the window the two people were in the bed. :eek: I rapped on the window and kept moving. After coming back from the food court the curtains were closed.

Otterhead

When I was pretty young, I was with my family at the Disney Shopping Village (yes, before DD!) next to the old kids' playground, and my mom said "Look! It's Barry Manilow! Go get his autograph!" I had no idea who that was, but they gave me a pen and paper and pointed me toward him. As soon as he saw me coming his way, poor Barry dove into the jungle gym and hid. My mom called me back. "He wants to be alone!" :)

Moonrayvin

I saw a team filming last April before 7DMT opened and figured it was for that... My LO and I were going to Anna and Elsa for FP and as we walked past I was trying to slyly see who it was to which I yelled to my daughter (1 1/2 yo in my arms), "Samantha! It's SAMANTHA BROWN!!" She looked my way and smiled as I scurried off lol :p P.s. My daughters name is Samantha ;) Love her!

jgj123

Was in the Living Seas at the Manatee area just as the Manatees decided to get "frisky"

Of course they cleared the room and drew the curtains, but it was funny to watch other people come in and then realize what was going on for those few seconds.....

mergatroid

Original Poster
Try being on the other side of that when two people are .... "making sammiches" and they leave the curtains open some. :jawdrop: Saw this little gem about 8 years ago at the All Stars Music. I was walking down the walkway (our building was a bit of a walk from the main building so it wasn't near a high traffic area) passing rooms and I saw a guy standing at a room's window staring. I thought it was his room until he saw me coming and walked away quickly. As I got next to the window the two people were in the bed. :eek: I rapped on the window and kept moving. After coming back from the food court the curtains were closed.

:rolleyes:

The fireworks were about to start, and we learned quickley you don't get wet on Splash Mountain, so we were riding that over and over again. On our way to the exit. A middle age woman was yelling at a cast member. I only heard a bit, but it sounded like this:

Woman: I want to see the manager! Nobody told us this was a roller coaster!
CM: Ma'am, it isn't a roller coaster.
Woman: Yes it is! It's a roller coaster and it was the scariest thing I've been on! You get the manager here right now!
CM: Why don't you sit down miss, I've call the manager.
Woman: Yeah right you'll get the manager! Why would you have such a terrifying ride in a park for children? It's a park for CHILDREN!

That's all I heard, but I wondered what happened.

Also, one time it was raining, and we went into Innoventions for refuge, as well as everybody else. Then this woman starts yelling VERY LOUDLY: "You turn off this rain! I will not tolerate it!" A cast member was trying to calm her down, and she kept screaming things like: "I spent a fortune on this trip! TURN IT OFF! Eventually, the CM said something in the Walkie Talkie and said it would be over in 6 min. Then the woman became overjoyed: "6 min? That's perfect! Thank you!"

That was pretty strange. But my favorite was when we were in line for Kilamanjaro Safaris. You know how the CM's pretend it's a 2 week tour? Well, most people smile at the joke and move along. But this guy started FREAKING OUT. "2 week tour? I need to go to work in 3 days! 2 weeks... My wife told me to take a vacation, but I didn't know this was a two week tour!" And so on. The CM tried to explain it was just a joke, but he kept freaking out. That was the highlight to my visit!

Rutt

We just got back sept 28th. We were standing in line waiting on soar and this kid about maybe 10 maybe younger and his family were in line. The kid was crying and being hysterical about the ride. He calmed down for a few then freak out. We get to the part were you on the numbers and the whole time the kid is scteaming and crying talking aboit he needs to get out. The parents are cusiing him and such. Then the doors open and the parents drag this poor kid in jolding his hands in the air so he would stop ggrabbing the railings. The whole time telling him to **** up and cussing him. He is wailing. I felt so bad for this child. The hook him in and hes still wailing. The cms look un comfortable about the whole thing but what can they do.one even says to not make him ride it and points to the exit. The parents are screaming he is fine. Everyone is looking. The cm goes and starts the ride. Tue kid is fine through the ride but I just think its bad parenting to drag a kid on there like that. I just keep thinking I wonder whay his life is like if his parents do that to him in public with people watching. I still think about that. Makes me sad.
Not sure what the story is here, but as a parent of a child with a severe anxiety disorder, this is a daily occurrence for us. It happens in lines for rides, movies, food, getting in the car, going toschool, pretty much anything at all. If you didn't 'force' him to do things, he'd starve to death. Not saying this was the case here, but I can only imagine what you would think of us as parents....

As for us, weirdest thing ever happened while at MK. Woman was breast feeding her child, which is perfectly natural but a boy that must have been about 4 maybe five years old? Was just Staring at her. She sarcastically said 'maybe you should take a picture' so he did.... Next thing you know, breast feeding mom and four year old mom are nearly coming to blows. Morale of story, sarcasm generally doesn't work on 4 year olds.

mergatroid

Original Poster
Not sure what the story is here, but as a parent of a child with a severe anxiety disorder, this is a daily occurrence for us. It happens in lines for rides, movies, food, getting in the car, going toschool, pretty much anything at all. If you didn't 'force' him to do things, he'd starve to death. Not saying this was the case here, but I can only imagine what you would think of us as parents....

As for us, weirdest thing ever happened while at MK. Woman was breast feeding her child, which is perfectly natural but a boy that must have been about 4 maybe five years old? Was just Staring at her. She sarcastically said 'maybe you should take a picture' so he did.... Next thing you know, breast feeding mom and four year old mom are nearly coming to blows. Morale of story, sarcasm generally doesn't work on 4 year olds.

Gotta love that kid :D:D:D

Last edited:

ynahtebwdw

In 2012, we were waiting in line to get on the boat back to our resort from MK after a LONG day (I'm talking end of EMH in the height of summer so maybe 1am), so obviously the line was long and crowded. Suddenly, a family of 6 starts pushing their way to the front, passing about 4 or 5 families in the process before finally stopping in front of us (we couldn't stop them as they were being fairly forceful). Immediately there's an uproar and people are shouting at them that it's not fair and to wait in line like everyone else (CMs hear and do nothing, btw). They then begin shouting BACK saying 'We've had a long day too!' trying to justify it!! Then, the cherry on top of the cake, my dad makes a disgruntled comment to the rest of my family (nothing in any way rude or about the family in front, just complaining about being tired) and one of the women in the family who had pushed in front turned to her friend immediately and pointedly said, very loudly, 'you know, it's funny how EUROPEAN people always think they can have an opinion' (We're English). I'm sorry, what??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom