WHats the first thing you do once you have checked in at your resort

Pluto 08

Whats the first thing you do once you have checked in at your resort?

Im arriving about 5pm and wondered what everyone else does first once you arrive.... do you head straight to the parks, head to the pool and relax, go for a meal??

Thanks

Mikester71

Usually we head to our rooms and unpack and then take a stroll around the Pop Century property, stopping in at the cafeteria to buy our refillable mugs. We then usually head for Downtown Disney that first night and hit up DisneyQuest and look through all the stores, saving the parks (Magic Kingdom) for our first FULL day.

Upvote 0

gojoe

Depends

We are lucky, we get an early flight. DME takes care of our luggage. IF we have a package that includes park tickets we head to the parks if not we'll do the pools, Boardwalk or Downtown Disney and save the parks for a full day. This year we'll have tickets from another trip so we will be off to a water park then back to the room for a change and then Downtown Disney. Do you have a ticket package that include a park ticket for each day?

Upvote 0

minnie2000

We fly from the UK, so we usually get to the hotel at about 5pm, but we are all exhausted by then! We usually grab something to eat and go to bed.

I am always awake at 5 the next morning, because of the time difference, so I get up and unpack then.

Upvote 0

disney magic 06

We have a shower and unpack, go to buy our refillable mugs and then head off to Downtown Disney. We wander around the shops, have a drink overlooking the lake and then go to Earl of Sandwich followed by an early night so we'll be raring to go for the next day.

Upvote 0

mbroschak

We always get in around 5 or 6 and always go to Boma for dinner to start the trip. We don't don't know when or why this became a tradition, I guess we just crave it when we're not there :slurp:

Upvote 0

Bug715

When my family and I go we hit the pool the first day and save the parks for the first FULL day. Since I've become a CM I hit the parks as soon as I get there (sometimes after an attempt of a nap). Which park you ask? Whichever one's bus comes first. Well execpt DAK because I don't like it too much. I can't wait till my trip in July!!

Upvote 0

natolij02

We like to go down a day in advance to when our "package" starts and we go straight to our room, settle in for a few minutes and freshen up. Then down to get our refillable mugs and a snack or lunch. Then a little rest or nap, then to DTD for the evening. We like Earl of sandwich, the christmas tree store, and lego land. Then the next day, we are up and ready to use our "package" and get the whole days worth of our park tickets. Not running off to the parks first thing when we get there works best for us as we don't "hit the ground running" per say, and it is a little more relaxing and we can re-coupe after traveling. Once we hit the parks, we kind of forget about DTD so by going there the first night we make sure we get to visit it. We usually go to bed at a decent hour so we are well rested for our FIRST BIG DAY AT MK:sohappy:

Upvote 0
We always go and unpack, then go buy our refillable mugs and walk around the resort as a family and take some pictures. Then we head to down town disney to grab a bite to eat and turn in early for the day to come.

Upvote 0

lilclerk

I like to grab some food & refillable mugs and then just check out the resort and get some rest before hitting the parks the next day. I usually want to hit the MK for Wishes that first night, but am always too tired.

Upvote 0

Nansafan

We usually arrive in the early afternoon (before our room is ready). Taking DME, the bags are not a problem and we leave the carry-ons with luggage services then it's off to the MK and the TTA (always our first ride). We are always starving by the time we arrive so we head off to eat. This year we will be going to Pinocchio's Village Haus for appetizers (Figaro Fries) then to Pecos Bills for burgers and Chili Cheese Fries (sense a theme).

Upvote 0

Bunni

We usually end up at the resort 5pm your Time which is 10pm UK time so we are pretty tired as we have to get to the airport pretty early. So we usually just head to Old Port Royale grab some refillable mugs and something to eat maybe at shutters. This year I am going to try and persuade people to go and watch Fantasmic with me as we are travelling on my birthday (beacuse of the time difference i get a 29 hour birthday :ROFLOL:)

Upvote 0

santa's surpriz

We usually get there around 5 as well, we get settled in the hotel room (POFQ) and head to Chef Mickey's and a monorail tour. Reservations around 8pm usually work out well. Sometimes resort hop along the way.

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

We will be arriving at POFQ around 2-ish THIS Friday!!!! :sohappy: Currently we don't really have a plan beyond check-in, unpack, etc. so I guess my plan is to not have a plan. LOL! I think mostly it will depend on how we're feeling. If we drive over to Houston Thursday night and get a hotel room near the airport I'm sure we won't be as tired and will feel like doing more. If we end up getting up early early Friday morning and making the 2 hour drive over to Houston then we'll likely be pretty whipped. Chances are we'll take a nap before going anywhere or have an early bedtime. Doesn't matter about the parks, tickets, etc. We have annual passes. :D

Upvote 0

Raven66

We usually get the first plane out in the morning. So we get in early enough to hit a park. After we check in, we have always had the good luck of having our room ready. So we put our stuff in the room and head right out to our first park of the trip. And we go until we are ready to drop.:eek:

Upvote 0

happymom52003

By the time we get to our room it is usually past 7:00 p.m., so we order room service and get the kids fed, bathed and to bed asap so we can get an early start the next morning.
Also, my DH will usually go do our grocery shopping for the week (we stay in a villa so we buy food) after we get the kids to bed while I unpack and get settled into the room.

Upvote 0
We arrive around 2:00 pm. Though I try to talk my family into napping, any futile attempt is over in an hour and we head to the Magic Kingdom by monorail. There's something about that first monorail ride going to MK. It's magical. We usually eat at The Plaza (my favorite) then leisurely ride whatever is available and stay until the fireworks are over. It's a great way to start our trip.

Upvote 0

Ilovewishes

We usually land at about 4pm so we're checked in for about 6-6.30. After a quick shower and change, I usually insist on trying to catch Wishes but recently DH has dug his heels in and said no, DTD first for a quick wander, something to eat and then an early night.

Logical, I know, but not so much when I want to see Wishes!!!:lol:

Upvote 0

RussJT

We usually try to get a flight that gets us there between 1 and 3 PM. After check in, we head straight to the pool to unwind after the trip. We do not go to the parks until the first full day. We always start with a breakfast at Crystal Palace (earliest time possible) and then a full day at MK.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom