What's the deal with this whole snow white mine train thing?

raven

I hope that everyone is not expecting another BTMRR or E:E because it's not going to be that grand and was never planned to be either. It's more on the scale of Goofy's Barnstormer. But sometimes I read posts were people are building it up to be a thrill ride or something large when it isn't.

Just putting that out there so I can reflect back to it when people start flaming TDO & WDI for it when it opens because it isn't up to their own expectations.

tirian

I hope that everyone is not expecting another BTMRR or E:E because it's not going to be that grand and was never planned to be either. It's more on the scale of Goofy's Barnstormer. But sometimes I read posts were people are building it up to be a thrill ride or something large when it isn't.

Just putting that out there so I can reflect back to it when people start flaming TDO & WDI for it when it opens because it isn't up to their own expectations.

True, but the plans proposed were for a considerably longer ride than the Barnstormer. Still nothing like BTMRR or EE.

raven

True, but the plans proposed were for a considerably longer ride than the Barnstormer. Still nothing like BTMRR or EE.

True. Just looked at the layout again and it is more spread out than Barnstormer and mostly enclosed except for 2 small areas. That espect alone should make it more of a dark ride than a "coaster" which is what it is drawing on.

Captain Chaos

True. Just looked at the layout again and it is more spread out than Barnstormer and mostly enclosed except for 2 small areas. That espect alone should make it more of a dark ride than a "coaster" which is what it is drawing on.

So, Lee was mistaken when he said he understands the ride will be 2/3 outside and 1/3 inside??? Never seemed logical to me that a mine ride would be outside mostly... Your explanation sounds more like it...

Lee

Adventurer
So, Lee was mistaken when he said he understands the ride will be 2/3 outside and 1/3 inside??? Never seemed logical to me that a mine ride would be outside mostly... Your explanation sounds more like it...
Very possible I misunderstood and got the percentages reversed.:shrug:
Like I said, I haven't seen any art or prints yet, so I'm relying on second hand descriptions.

Captain Chaos

Very possible I misunderstood and got the percentages reversed.:shrug:
Like I said, I haven't seen any art or prints yet, so I'm relying on second hand descriptions.

That's what I figured... You are usually dead on... It's OK if the figures were inverted LOL...

BrerFrog

I would be surprised if it wasn't a "long" ride. Wasn't it Staggs who said he didn't like the fact that kids wait in the longest lines to get on the shortest rides?

Captain Neo

Is the ride going to be richly themed with a themed queue or is it basically a barnstormer ride with figurines and set pieces from the old snow white ride?

I guess what im asking will the theming quality be on par with BTMRR and Little Mermaid or more like the 70s FL dark rides?

Captain Chaos

Is the ride going to be richly themed with a themed queue or is it basically a barnstormer ride with figurines and set pieces from the old snow white ride?

I guess what im asking will the theming quality be on par with BTMRR and Little Mermaid or more like the 70s FL dark rides?

I'd love to see them use the dwarf cottage as part of the queue, but I am not holding out any sort of hope for that....

RonAnnArbor

I'm not sure if people are aware ,but Disney has already done a dry run of this same ride in Fantasyland at Disneyland Paris called Casey Junior, Le Petit Train du Cirque (Casey Jr., The Little Circus Train) -- it will be essentially be the same thing, just rethemed for the Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs...

Don't get your hopes up about any kind of cool coaster here. It's a kiddy ride that adults an ride too. But it's not much of a coaster at all.

You can ride Casey here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAVY8iKkn_k&hd=1

Lee

Adventurer
I'm not sure if people are aware ,but Disney has already done a dry run of this same ride in Fantasyland at Disneyland Paris called Casey Junior, Le Petit Train du Cirque (Casey Jr., The Little Circus Train) -- it will be essentially be the same thing, just rethemed for the Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs...
Well...kinda. There do seem to be some similarities, but they aren't really the same thing.

Don't get your hopes up about any kind of cool coaster here. It's a kiddy ride that adults an ride too. But it's not much of a coaster at all.
True. Big Thunder it ain't.

Magenta Panther

Eh...not really. There do seem to be some similarities, but they aren't really the same thing.

True. Big Thunder it ain't.

For my part, I don't care how fast it goes or how many dips and turns it has. As long as it has a large helping of the movie's magic, I'll be happy.

tirian

I would be surprised if it wasn't a "long" ride. Wasn't it Staggs who said he didn't like the fact that kids wait in the longest lines to get on the shortest rides?

It'll be a decent length (a few minutes) with theming out the wazoo—whatever that is.

This is all "if" it gets built. Lee could just be lying to everyone. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom