What's the deal with this whole snow white mine train thing?

raven

Correct me if I'm wrong, but what I think Raven is referring to works the same way as the lift hill on Gadget's Go Coaster at DL. If you look closely, it's not an actual chain lift hill; the train is chugged along by several pairs of wheels lying perpendicular to the track.

Look 15 seconds into this video and you'll see what I mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJM3DrglLlg

If I'm not mistaken, the Barnstormer in the MK uses a regular chain lift, right?

Nope. Completely different. That coaster is still powered by motors on the track and uses gravity to complete the cycle.

The type I am talking about is similar to this: http://rcdb.com/1001.htm?p=0

Notice the flat piece of metal that is in the middle of the track. The coaster train has tires underneath it that moves it along the track. The motors for the wheels are onboard the train itself. Some of them also have bus bars to pick up power from the track to move the motors on the underside of the trains (as the one does above). Others have cogs like this one: http://rcdb.com/2825.htm?p=0

By the way, Roller Coaster Database where these are from call them "Powered Coasters" but I'm talking about the same thing.

tirian

That's silly. The ride will be very creative.

And concept art that continues to elude me despite my best efforts.

From leaks inside the company that enjoy sharing with folks like me, who in turn pass it along to the good folks 'round here.

Also...I've heard from two people that they have alrady recorded the new railroad spiel that includes the mine ride and the rest of the FLE.

I'm glad one of the corniest jokes in the MK will finally end: "Hey folks, what do you get when you cross Mickey's Toontown with a country fair? Why, Mickey's Toontown Fair, of course!"

:brick:

Skipper03

So "Anna's announcement" about the FLE is not happening? I just haven't seen any other proof or information about the SW coaster other than personal opinions...

Lee

Adventurer
So "Anna's announcement" about the FLE is not happening? I just haven't seen any other proof or information about the SW coaster other than personal opinions...

Not sure there even is an Anna.:lookaroun

Anyhow, the SW ride is not opinion. It is fact.:cool:

lazyboy97o

For those stil confused about the ride system look up Casey Jr. - Le Petit Train du Cirque at Disneyland Paris. The new Snow White attraction will probably be a Vekoma too.

Yensid40

I'm glad one of the corniest jokes in the MK will finally end: "Hey folks, what do you get when you cross Mickey's Toontown with a country fair? Why, Mickey's Toontown Fair, of course!"

:brick:

Rollin' Rollin' on the express we're rollin' on the Walt Disney World express...

DA DA DADA DA DA!!

We're gonna go and visit Mickey's House
Maybe even meet the famous mouse
So come everyone
We'll have a whole lot of fun
Say hello to Mickey Mouse

YEE HAA!!!

That was way better than the lame joke...

Horizonsfan

Rollin' Rollin' on the express we're rollin' on the Walt Disney World express...

DA DA DADA DA DA!!

So come everyone

YEE HAA!!!

That was way better than the lame joke...

I think the thing to take away from this is that the area along the RR past the indian village to MTTF could use some help.:snore:

(Though that song is badly catchy. ;))

Mad Stitch

DA DA DADA DA DA!!

So come everyone

YEE HAA!!!

:ROFLOL: I have looked for that version of the railroad loop on Mousebits but it's not there.

Skipper03

Not sure there even is an Anna.:lookaroun

Anyhow, the SW ride is not opinion. It is fact.:cool:

Then how long do you predict until we see some actual plans leaked? I would love nothing more than for this to be true, but I'm having a hard time believing until I see hard proof...

Lee

Adventurer
Then how long do you predict until we see some actual plans leaked? I would love nothing more than for this to be true, but I'm having a hard time believing until I see hard proof...

I doubt there will be any plans leaking. The lid is in pretty tight. I've been trying to get some updated plans and art for weeks, to no avail.
Gonna just have to trust me, and a few others, for the time being.

Atomicmickey

For those stil confused about the ride system look up Casey Jr. - Le Petit Train du Cirque at Disneyland Paris. The new Snow White attraction will probably be a Vekoma too.

Just looked at a youtube video . . . that was underwhelming . . . . here's hoping it's got a little more zip than that.

lazyboy97o

Just looked at a youtube video . . . that was underwhelming . . . . here's hoping it's got a little more zip than that.
It is just an example of the ride system. Speeds can be adjusted to to go faster if desired, but I think part of the reason it looks so slow is that it is large turns on gradual, open slopes. Put that into compact, tight spaces and it will feel faster.

Magenta Panther

That's silly. The ride will be very creative.

And concept art that continues to elude me despite my best efforts.

From leaks inside the company that enjoy sharing with folks like me, who in turn pass it along to the good folks 'round here.

Also...I've heard from two people that they have alrady recorded the new railroad spiel that includes the mine ride and the rest of the FLE.

And don't think we don't appreciate the info you give us here. I can't WAIT to see this ride! The news on it gets more and more intriguing. It's my most eagerly-anticipated addition to Fantasyland, followed closely by Beast's Castle.

MythBuster

That's the feeling I'm getting also, just similar to Casey Jr and a ride through Storybookland but it will be a mine ride through Fantasy Forest.

The working title (for now) I heard was "Seven Dwarves Coaster"

tirian

That's the feeling I'm getting also, just similar to Casey Jr and a ride through Storybookland but it will be a mine ride through Fantasy Forest.

The working title (for now) I heard was "Seven Dwarves Coaster"

You know, I'm personally hoping for a good, solid D-ticket that's similar to the combination you described. I love the intimate feeling on the current Snow White dark ride, and how you're practically alone within the blacklight sets. As dinky as the ride might be, it makes you feel like you're on some sort of adventure alone. The forest area in Winnie the Pooh has the same quality; Peter Pan feels like an assembly line factory. I hope the new mine train ride doesn't lose the storybook charm of the old-fashioned dark rides.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom