What's the deal with this whole snow white mine train thing?

MUTZIE77

But how do we know?! I've been searching and searching for proof or solid inside information about the new coaster, and from everything I read it's just speculation!

From what I can tell it's like me getting on here and saying, "Oh the Pirates expansion is confirmed, I just know it!"

Now, have you yourself seen or hear of plans? If not you, where did you get the info from? I'm not trying to bash you, I am just dying for more info about the ride...

I believe we have three insiders here in the forum that all have the same info. If Lee, Raven, or Juan say it is happening, then it's a good bet.

Lee

Adventurer
Now, have you yourself seen or hear of plans? If not you, where did you get the info from? I'm not trying to bash you, I am just dying for more info about the ride...

I've been told about it by more than eight people who are in a position to know, both inside the company and out.
True, I guess that without some "official" word it could be considered rumor or speculation....but in this case, it's a sure thing.

Sure would like to see some art, though...(hint, hint...you know who you are...;))

As for SWSA closing, I don't see it happening very soon. Likely after Dumbo and the eastern half of the project are complete.

Skipper03

I've been told about it by more than eight people who are in a position to know, both inside the company and out.
True, I guess that without some "official" word it could be considered rumor or speculation....but in this case, it's a sure thing.

Got it, that's exactley what I was asking for... that makes sense and I'd gladly take info from 8 people as very probable!

I check this site everyday hoping to see some new FLE artwork released...

danstadnik

I realize I could probably do some sort of figuring on this myself as far as how much land SW Mine Ride will occupy, etc... but just as a general question...
Is there any chance this ride will essentially be Matterhorn themed with Snow White/Dwarfy stuff and the cars detailed like mine cars? Because that would be very exciting! Or is that unrealistic?

aladdin2007

I realize I could probably do some sort of figuring on this myself as far as how much land SW Mine Ride will occupy, etc... but just as a general question...
Is there any chance this ride will essentially be Matterhorn themed with Snow White/Dwarfy stuff and the cars detailed like mine cars? Because that would be very exciting! Or is that unrealistic?

Would have been great though if a new mountain range could have been part of the expansion, guess that will happen just a like a new pavilion in world showcase. But great to dream.

S

stphnbogert

No. No chance of that at all. Much smaller.

Lee is this...

1) going to be mainly a kid's ride?
2) Do you know the basic storyline (i.e. Dwarfs in the mine going to save Snow White or the whole Snow White story)?

cheezbat

That would be sweet. Too bad that won't happen. Though ANY new mountain would be a very welcome addition to the Magic Kingdom. It's been a good long time since we've seen a new one at MK.

BrittanyRose428

I think having the mine cart ride be sort of like Thunder Mountain might be a good idea. It would be family appropriate, while still being interesting for adults and thrilling for smaller children. I also think that those fractions aught to be flip-flopped, with 2/3 indoors, and 1/3 outdoors.

If I get the chance to ride SWSA before it disappears, than cool. If I don't then I won't know what I'm missing and I'll be sad, but much less sad than if I knew the ride.

Anyone else think of the Donkey Kong games for SNES when they think of mine cart roller-coasters?:p
Thats exactly what I was thinking! I always wanted a ride like thatt :ROFLOL:

Mansion Butler

Thats exactly what I was thinking! I always wanted a ride like thatt :ROFLOL:
My girlfriend and I use to sit around and plan a theme park designed by Nintendo.

It's not ludicrous when you compare it to the roots of Disneyland. It was a park chiefly designed by creative people in an entertainment medium unrelated to theme parks. They took their creativity and design abilities, and passion for innovation, and made a park out of it. And that park did not solely center around their cartoons and stories, but it did give them some familiar characters and settings to spice things up with.

That's Nintendo (and most video game companies, I'm just going with the biggest). Creativity, passion for innovation, recognizable icons, and nothing to do with theme parks. And a debatable decline from their creative peak :lol:.

Anywho, our park was awesome. I decided the center castle should have a walk through where you're led to believe there's a meet-and-greet with Princess Peach at the top. But, once you get there, the door is shut with a note reading "we're sorry, but your princess is in another castle."

And, tying it back to what you said: yes, there was absolutely a Minecart Madness ride in the Donkey Kong Island area. And that's what this ride makes me think of.

DaGreatGoofini

Lee is this...

1) going to be mainly a kid's ride?
2) Do you know the basic storyline (i.e. Dwarfs in the mine going to save Snow White or the whole Snow White story)?

Hello! Longtime reader, first-time posting. Heard the following from news reports:
1. Yes its a kids ride, but the ride will include some thrill aspects such as tipping/leaning from side-to-side (much like a mine cart would)
2. The story is a day in the life of the dwarfs. You go to work with them in the mine, hear the iconic song and possibly come face-to-face with the old hag, and come to an end at the dwarf's cottage where Snow White and the dwarfs have their evening party "thing" from the movie.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom