What's the deal with this whole snow white mine train thing?

raven

As for the Mine Car Ride itself, the comparison I've heard is that it's similar to the Calico mine ride at Knott's Berry Farm. A dark ride with a bit of a thrill component, but the thrill component should be mild enough to not necessitate a height requirement.

Love that ride! But it won't be quite the same. The coaster is more than likely to be a self-powered coster. A regular coaster requires a lift hill and completes it's cycle relying on gravity. A powered coster is much like the little kiddie coasters you see at carnivals. It has motors/cogs/rubber wheels on the undersides of the cars that pulls the coaster along the track. This option can give the designers freedom to slow or speed the train at any given time, stay low to the ground without running out of energy, and can do smaller hills without the need for a chain lift. The powered coaster can also squeeze into smaller areas (tunnels etc.) because the track and train are usually smaller. Obviously this coaster will be much longer than standard self-powered coasters at carnivals.

Do you think they'll build a dwarves cottage meet & greet next to it as well? It would seem to make sense.

Wait and see! :animwink:

RSoxNo1

Love that ride! But it won't be quite the same. The coaster is more than likely to be a self-powered coster. A regular coaster requires a lift hill and completes it's cycle relying on gravity. A powered coster is much like the little kiddie coasters you see at carnivals. It has motors/cogs/rubber wheels on the undersides of the cars that pulls the coaster along the track. This option can give the designers freedom to slow or speed the train at any given time, stay low to the ground without running out of energy, and can do smaller hills without the need for a chain lift. The powered coaster can also squeeze into smaller areas (tunnels etc.) because the track and train are usually smaller. Obviously this coaster will be much longer than standard self-powered coasters at carnivals.

Wait and see! :animwink:

I've never been on the Calico Mine Ride, I've just been told that the comp is really for the thrill component. If this is self powered would it be more like the Test Track ride system than a coaster?

raven

I've never been on the Calico Mine Ride, I've just been told that the comp is really for the thrill component. If this is self powered would it be more like the Test Track ride system than a coaster?

No. Test Track and Dinosaur require a bus bar. This means the vehicle gets it's power from the track. Most dark rides are run the same way. A self-powered coaster is powered from a motor within the train itself.

ABigBrassBand

My understanding is that they are gonna theme the heck out of it. So, closer to BTMRR than Barnstormer would seem to make sense, though I wouldn't hold my breath for anything that detailed.

Yeah, pretty definite. I have yet to hear otherwise.
Oh dear, this is terrible...that was one of my favorite rides at MK! :(

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
it is really pointless to have another lightly themed outside coaster. I really wish they would use some creativity!

Well, considering the level of theming we're looking at with the FLE overall, maybe it would be good to see how this new attraction eventually plays out.....:shrug:

Lee

Adventurer
it is really pointless to have another lightly themed outside coaster. I really wish they would use some creativity!
That's silly. The ride will be very creative.

Blueprints that have already been made but not made public.
And concept art that continues to elude me despite my best efforts.

I'm with you! I mean, where does this info' even come from?
From leaks inside the company that enjoy sharing with folks like me, who in turn pass it along to the good folks 'round here.

Also...I've heard from two people that they have alrady recorded the new railroad spiel that includes the mine ride and the rest of the FLE.

Horizonsfan

That's silly. The ride will be very creative.

And concept art that continues to elude me despite my best efforts.

From leaks inside the company that enjoy sharing with folks like me, who in turn pass it along to the good folks 'round here.

Also...I've heard from two people that they have alrady recorded the new railroad spiel that includes the mine ride and the rest of the FLE.

I'm really surprised that they've already got the narration done. They are ready to GO!:lol:

Is it the same narrator as the current one or someone new? (I seem to be asking a lot of questions lately, sorry.:eek:)

yeti

Correct me if I'm wrong, but what I think Raven is referring to works the same way as the lift hill on Gadget's Go Coaster at DL. If you look closely, it's not an actual chain lift hill; the train is chugged along by several pairs of wheels lying perpendicular to the track.

Look 15 seconds into this video and you'll see what I mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJM3DrglLlg

If I'm not mistaken, the Barnstormer in the MK uses a regular chain lift, right?

aladdin2007

Please say the new train narration is not the Peoplemover voice!!!??

I also hope they kept the little pocahontas singing colors of the wind segment, its kinda a wdw only version exclusive to us.

The new mine ride sounds like they are really going to make it nice and they are doing a good job at being so hush hush about it. But hate to see the original snow white ride go right at the 40th, thats kinda sad.

ryno1982

Correct me if I'm wrong, but what I think Raven is referring to works the same way as the lift hill on Gadget's Go Coaster at DL. If you look closely, it's not an actual chain lift hill; the train is chugged along by several pairs of wheels lying perpendicular to the track.

Look 15 seconds into this video and you'll see what I mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJM3DrglLlg

If I'm not mistaken, the Barnstormer in the MK uses a regular chain lift, right?

Raven said that a powered coaster has a motor in the train. As you pointed out, Gadget has wheels on the track. So no, you're wrong.

Horizonsfan

Raven said that a powered coaster has a motor in the train. As you pointed out, Gadget has wheels on the track. So no, you're wrong.

The High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Ride at IOA uses a power coaster track to propel it. While it only inclines slightly if you look it up on youtube, it can give you a good idea of what the ride system is like.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom