What's the best WDW secret you know?

Trackmaster

Im sure this has been covered many times- but if you know how to work the fastpass+ system after your initial 3 attractions, you can really get some great top tier attractions. In a span of a minute I'll switch time frames dozens of times just by clicking between 1:30 PM and 2 PM ( on the app of course) and consistently get at least one top attraction (except pandora). It's amazing how these things just pop up within seconds, then you refresh and its gone

I really can't believe that they haven't fixed that loophole. All it does is reward people who are willing to give themselves carpel tunnel to clog up the FP+ and stand-by lines for people who don't know about the loopholes. Plus, it jams up their servers that costs Disney money, and makes the app crash for everyone else. The programming code should be written that when you first look at a day, it forever locks you into the available times regardless of cancellation and whatever blocks you see (but times are allowed to disappear if they get full). That way people are informed of what's available to them, but there's no need to keep checking back and refreshing to get something better.

I still use the loophole, and I'll use it until they fix it. But I think that they'll great the pie available if they fix it.

TongaToast21

I really can't believe that they haven't fixed that loophole. All it does is reward people who are willing to give themselves carpel tunnel to clog up the FP+ and stand-by lines for people who don't know about the loopholes. Plus, it jams up their servers that costs Disney money, and makes the app crash for everyone else. The programming code should be written that when you first look at a day, it forever locks you into the available times regardless of cancellation and whatever blocks you see (but times are allowed to disappear if they get full). That way people are informed of what's available to them, but there's no need to keep checking back and refreshing to get something better.

I still use the loophole, and I'll use it until they fix it. But I think that they'll great the pie available if they fix it.
I began to really feel bad about myself until your last line 🙃

Janir

My favorite has to do with hydration. They always want you to pay for water bottles but you can actually ask for a cup of water at any restaurant and they'll give it to you for free. It comes in handy when you want to save money and don't mind drinking Florida water.
Get a filtered water bottle and dump the free water in there. Helped get rid of the sulfur taste for those of us that hate Florida water.

Janir

Tip: Always find something to celebrate - a birthday, anniversary or something special trip. Then get a Celebrating button and wear it on your vacation. Many places will give you free desserts or something small and everyone will wish you a happy birthday or happy anniversary or something. We always plan our trips around birthdays or our anniversary so we can get the buttons and celebrate something. I suppose you could just 'say' its your birthday or 1st trip, but I'll leave that to you to decide for yourself if that's cheating the system.

Trackmaster

Get a filtered water bottle and dump the free water in there. Helped get rid of the sulfur taste for those of us that hate Florida water.

I feel like to get the real bottled water taste you'd have to boil the water. Bottled water from grocery stores and convenience stores is so cheap now ($4 for 24 packs usually) but if I was really trying to save money, I'd boil a pot of water and put it in the refrigerator. When I lived at home when I was younger, my parents have a boiling hot water faucet where I would pour a glass and dump ice cubes on it (that I would fill up from the extra hot faucet).

bjlc57

actually when we drove from Wisconsin.. we brought tap water in Gatoraide bottles and drank them at WDW.. we brought over 50 bottles of Gatoraide ( which we paid less the 60 cents a piece on sale ) and another 30 bottles of water.. for 4 of us.. and it worked during the heat of summer. we would bring in 4 32oz bottles of liquid each day.. two frozen in a pack and two carried in by hand.. one of which we all consumed before or right after rope drop.. and then went from there.. and then we had a cooler full of ice / water back in the truck when we left the parks.. and we killed at least one more bottle on the way back to the hotel.. but at the time WDW wanted $3.00 for 20 oz of gatoraide and we had 32 0z for less then a buck.. plus 'Free water" .. we did okay on that trip..

Trackmaster

actually when we drove from Wisconsin.. we brought tap water in Gatoraide bottles and drank them at WDW.. we brought over 50 bottles of Gatoraide ( which we paid less the 60 cents a piece on sale ) and another 30 bottles of water.. for 4 of us.. and it worked during the heat of summer. we would bring in 4 32oz bottles of liquid each day.. two frozen in a * pack and two carried in by hand.. one of which we all consumed before or right after rope drop.. and then went from there.. and then we had a cooler full of ice / water back in the truck when we left the parks.. and we killed at least one more bottle on the way back to the hotel.. but at the time WDW wanted $3.00 for 20 oz of gatoraide and we had 32 0z for less then a buck.. plus 'Free water" .. we did okay on that trip..

Why is that word bleeped out!!? That's so funny. Did you call it a female dog pack?

baymax1

We've found these to be really hard to get because many of the drivers don't have them. But keep trying because some do. (FWIW, I've got a college friend who recently started driving a bus at WDW, so I've lectured him on making sure he has cards available in case someone asks. I've also made up a few fictitious rumors for him to tell riders, so he should fit right in with the other drivers. :) )
We've found these to be really hard to get because many of the drivers don't have them. But keep trying because some do. (FWIW, I've got a college friend who recently started driving a bus at WDW, so I've lectured him on making sure he has cards available in case someone asks. I've also made up a few fictitious rumors for him to tell riders, so he should fit right in with the other drivers. :) )
I'm new to this forum but not to Disney. Ive never heard of the cards the bus drivers keep. What exactly are they?

habuma

I'm new to this forum but not to Disney. Ive never heard of the cards the bus drivers keep. What exactly are they?

They're trading cards (like baseball cards) with pictures of the buses, monorails, trains, boats, etc on them and info about each on the back.

act2306

My favorite secret is at the Muppets 3D @ DHS - the sign that says "the key is under the mat" right inside the front door...check under the mat.

Pay attention to the windows above Main St. Blvd. You may be surprised to see what is there! There is also a door with a sign to casting on Main Street - on the Emporium side - that makes for a fun photo op.

There is a bookcase at Guest Services at City Hall with some interesting book titles.

I second the tips about the barbershop and the first haircut. Call in advance for a reservation. Last May our daughters first haircut I think was $18!
If you want your daughter to have some sparkles, but don't want to pay for BBB, you can bring her in and they may give her some fairy dust for free. Be sure to ask SUPER nicely.

I'm not sure if this is still true, but in the giftshop behind BBB, where you get the dresses, you can ask the shopkeeper to wake up Tinkerbell...and get a fun surprise. (This was back when it was Tink's Treasures and it may have changed since then...)

At the m&g with Goofy in Storybook Circus, ask him what happened with his bike! Ask all the characters something about their surroundings...it makes for a brilliant interaction. Also - characters love to sign with markers, so bring a sharpie for them to sign with - it's easier to hold and usually more reliable than a pen.

yedliW

Pay attention to the windows above Main St. Blvd. You may be surprised to see what is there! There is also a door with a sign to casting on Main Street - on the Emporium side - that makes for a fun photo op.

I've seen this written several times in 'things you didn't know about WDW' type articles.. It is interesting, but if you don't know the history, it really doesn't mean anything to you.. Even if you thought to look at the windows, names the average person wouldn't recognize most of them.

I second the tips about the barbershop and the first haircut. Call in advance for a reservation. Last May our daughters first haircut I think was $18!

I believe it is $25 now (or it was in 2017 when we did it), but still well worth the cost.

Attachments

• 20151116_120746_HDR.jpg
    20151116_120746_HDR.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 343

act2306

I've seen this written several times in 'things you didn't know about WDW' type articles.. It is interesting, but if you don't know the history, it really doesn't mean anything to you.. Even if you thought to look at the windows, names the average person wouldn't recognize most of them.

True about names - but the different companies that are noted up there are fun. Like there's a Chinese food restaurant noted, a hotel, and I believe a medium/fortune teller. :)

Mickeyboof

I hope you’re joking.

Clogs up Disney’s servers?? You think refreshing is what causes the Apps to crash?

No. No you’re flat out wrong.

awoogala

free water is also available at many of the kiosks. (think places where they sell pretzels and sodas and coffees)..easier than going into qs restaurants, imo.
My best trick for water- get one when you are "drinking around the world" in EPCOT.. the bars usually have better filtered, colder water, lots of ice- especially at the Rose and Crown pub (which I only do while I'm getting a cider and tipping, since it's usually packed). They give you a nice big pint sized water to go.
My newer "secret" (again, are any of these "secrets" anymore with the internet?) Is to visit lounges. Tutto gusto, nomad, etc. No reservations, great drinks, food, and theming, without the hassle of a full sit down.
Also, we don't order a lot of entrees- some of our favorite meals are just ordering 3-6 apps for the table, and sharing. (I just can't eat a huge steak and sides in 90 degree weather!).
Tables in Wonderland can be a wonderful thing, if you spend enough time/money at the restaurants and lounges- especially if you drink alcohol!
Instacart will deliver food, wine, alcohol, etc. to your resort. (amazon prime is good if you don't want alcohol).

mdcpr

Hi

What's the best / most interesting secret tip that you know about WDW?

One of mine is the coca cola station in Epcot where you can sample all the different countries coca cola drinks for free. It used to be to the right as you walk to world showcase. Not sure if it's still there.

Another is if you go to the UK candy shop in Epcot and answer the quiz question you get a free Candy bar of your choice.

Look forward to hear yours :)
Hmm, wonder if they carry Flakes--best choco bar from the UK.

Officialuser

I'm not sure what the dining plan has to do with time spent on rides.

Also, please don't do the ice water thing...that is just cheap. If you can't afford a real drink, or are too lazy to pack your own, you don't need to spend money at Disney in the first place. Don't waste the CM's time. It's a very silly way to save money.
They are paid by the hour, whether people are getting soda or water. If Disney installed water fountain bottle fillers it wouldn't be necessary to "bother" the cms

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom