What's the best WDW secret you know?

Pluto15

Original Poster
Hi

What's the best / most interesting secret tip that you know about WDW?

One of mine is the coca cola station in Epcot where you can sample all the different countries coca cola drinks for free. It used to be to the right as you walk to world showcase. Not sure if it's still there.

Another is if you go to the UK candy shop in Epcot and answer the quiz question you get a free Candy bar of your choice.

Look forward to hear yours :)

heychadwick

Didn't know the quiz one. I'll have to remember that!

The one I knew was that the line on the left is shorter for Pirates of the Carrib, but it seems that it's that way for all the rides (or so I read).

I also found out about Transportation Cards. The drivers for buses, boats, and monorails have free cards to give out to those that ask. Not everyone has them and they are first come first serve, but they have a whole collection.

Pluto15

Original Poster

The one I knew was that the line on the left is shorter for Pirates of the Carrib, but it seems that it's that way for all the rides (or so I read).

I also found out about Transportation Cards. The drivers for buses, boats, and monorails have free cards to give out to those that ask. Not everyone has them and they are first come first serve, but they have a whole collection.
great tips :)

habuma

We've found these to be really hard to get because many of the drivers don't have them. But keep trying because some do. (FWIW, I've got a college friend who recently started driving a bus at WDW, so I've lectured him on making sure he has cards available in case someone asks. I've also made up a few fictitious rumors for him to tell riders, so he should fit right in with the other drivers. :) )

Figmentation

Lets see... my best known Disney Secrets (Not the Vacation Club!)

Magic Kingdom: A amazing restaurant is hidden in Main Street USA called the Plaza Restaurant - It's a Sandwich place that has really high quality food. They take reservations, but a lot of people don't know about it, so walk ins are usual available. To get to it you take a right immediately past the bakery, as if you were cutting through to Tomorrowland and there it is.

EPCOT: One of the best places to get rare pins is here. Of course it depends on who is working the PIN Station near the Fountain, but the cast members there always have amazing or rare pins on their lanyards.

Another helpful hit - There are only 3-4 visible public bathrooms in Future World, but there are way more than that.
Bathrooms that are always busy:
East and West Blocks in Future world - East Block is that locations ONLY bathroom. No really. Only one bathroom for Test Track, Missions: Space, and Universe of Energy.
West Block used to be never used much, but Soarin' came and changed that.
The two bathrooms near Spaceship Earth - Always busy due to traffic walking through.

Some unused bathrooms:
Behind Journey into Imagination - There's one sign, just one showing it's back there. No
Electric Umbrella (This isn't used very much, trust me.)
The Living Seas Bathroom (Not used much either, people don't even know they have some inside either.)
The Corel Reef - This is a public restroom that anyone can get to as it's in the lobby.

Hollywood Studios:
To be honest - I don't know much about this park. It's been changing so much and it's the park I visit the least.

Animal Kingdom:
A lot of people don't know that there is a Single Rider line for Expedition: Everest. If you don't mind sitting away from your friends, it cuts the wait in line by 90% in my opinion.

This will allow people to get on Kilimanjaro's Safari early in the morning and not have to worry about using a fast pass on EE as well. :D

Keep in mind though, sometimes the Single Rider line is not open however.

loveglobe

Neat tip about the cards! I don't think the line one still applies though now that they have designated sides for FP versus stand by.

My tip is drink related and two-fold for those non-caffeine drinkers out there: Pretty much any restaurant that has a bar can serve you ginger ale even if it's not on the menu, since it's usually stocked as a mixer for alcoholic drinks. I was pleasantly surprised to get one at Tusker House. Also, for some reason, the France pavilion at Epcot has caffeine-free diet coke. I ask everywhere else for it but this is the only place in WDW that I've found to carry it.

madmanmadsen

Kilimanjaro's Safari: Go to the safari during the afternoon rainstorm. most animals are out cooling off in the rain so you end up seeing so many more active animals.
Jungle Cruise: they have a special "skipper cruise" that is less tame and much funnier, they will probably only do it late night though if at all : l also ask at the shop across from JC if you want a map of the JC! (not sure if they still do that in WDW but I got one from DL in May 2014)

madmanmadsen

Magic Kingdom: not really a secret but apparently most people start their day going right from the hub into Tomorrowland and not at Adventureland (that why the bridge to Tomorrowland is wider and bigger than the one to Adventureland) so if you want short waits try starting at Adventureland and make your way over to Tomorrowland last!

irishmom58

Hi

What's the best / most interesting secret tip that you know about WDW?

One of mine is the coca cola station in Epcot where you can sample all the different countries coca cola drinks for free. It used to be to the right as you walk to world showcase. Not sure if it's still there.

Another is if you go to the UK candy shop in Epcot and answer the quiz question you get a free Candy bar of your choice.

Look forward to hear yours :)
Best Epcot restrooms are near the Coca Cola Coolspot and Starbucks

bjlc57

FOR MGM >.. there is a narrow path that gets you from one of those long roads by Toy story to the road where Idol used to be.. its not real big.. about three foot wide. but concrete.. and DOES NOT SAY CAST MEMBERS ONLY.. that tip alone saves a ton of time.. plus there is a short cut along the north wall of GMR, that gets you ahead of the crowd to Toy story first thing in the morning..

bjlc57

walking toward the castle at MK, there is a little road, that goes much faster to SM.. immediately at the end of main street.. again.. at the rope drop.. puts you ahead of the crowd.. its not on the map.. and in fact my son -in -law the computer genius, was very much against this ..since it was 'not on the map'.. until he was the first four people on SM that morning.. He could hear all of our instructions clearly , without complaint , for the rest of the 8 days there. .and followed them..

WDIFanBoy

This used to be my old stomping ground. I don't know how true this is. Maybe the CM was just being nice or creating a Magical Moment the day you went? I used to write the questions for the quizzes a few years ago. Maybe they changed their prize, but it was just a certificate and maybe a pin when I was there (things may have changed). Now I must do the whole, "my writing does not represent the views of The Walt Disney Company" thing. Please don't quote what I say.

WDIFanBoy

As for a tip. On your Birthday, go to the Beverly Sunset candy store at the very beginning of Sunset Boulevard (opposite from the end that has ToT). Nine times out of ten they will give you a free marshmallow treat if you are in line to buy something.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom