• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

What's the best WDW secret you know?

to save a bit of money.. when we were at Pop Century.. I just bought the grits or just the oatmeal.. instead of the whole breakfest.. more of a tip instead of a secret..
Bring your own instant Quaker Oats, disposable bowls and use the hot water from your in-room coffee maker. Save more money! Also, if you stay at All Star Sports, Mc Donald's is within walking distance, or hop an All Star Sports bus from park and pick up food there, and ride back to your resort!

OliveMcFly

Advertisement
If I'm shopping at Disney Springs and have a sweet tooth I like to get the FREE sample at the Ghirardelli store.

Didn't know the quiz one. I'll have to remember that!

The one I knew was that the line on the left is shorter for Pirates of the Carrib, but it seems that it's that way for all the rides (or so I read).

I also found out about Transportation Cards. The drivers for buses, boats, and monorails have free cards to give out to those that ask. Not everyone has them and they are first come first serve, but they have a whole collection.
What dk
Didn't know the quiz one. I'll have to remember that!

The one I knew was that the line on the left is shorter for Pirates of the Carrib, but it seems that it's that way for all the rides (or so I read).

I also found out about Transportation Cards. The drivers for buses, boats, and monorails have free cards to give out to those that ask. Not everyone has them and they are first come first serve, but they have a whole collection.
whar are the cards for?

Driver

What dk

whar are the cards for?
The cards are just a collectable there are 4 for busses 12 for monorails and the rest for the most part are watercraft. There are a total of 27 in the current series. They all have a picture on one side with the bus or boat etc. that also has a hidden Mickey, the flip side has interesting fun facts/trivia . Not all transportation cast members have them it is optional, much like how some cast members choose to have pins. I do carry cards with me all the time the kids get a kick out of them. Another item I carry is the lesser known safety cards.

I've racked up 300 plus days over 15 or so years. Most of the secrets don't stay secrets long. 15 years ago before social media, it took a while for the latest book to come out, but now things that are discovered are instantly known. If you don't like crowds, you have to go in the winter. BTW unless you are from the Artic, DW is cold in the winter and it's no fun riding the water rides. They run the merchandise down until spring if that matters to you. All those other secret times - between spring break and school getting out, after labor day, after thanksgiving and the first 2 weeks of December are not secrets anymore and crowded. I avoid weekends and don't go on Friday or Saturday. If I go on Sunday, I go later when people are typically leaving Orlando. If you go in the fall and don't want to see Mickey's not so scary Halloween party or the Christmas Party, don't go to MK on that day; you'll get kicked out of the park. They won't even let you buy stuff. There are a few good places to eat at every park, but there are several excellent places to eat at Epcot World Showcase. There is one watch out - there are parents there with strollers the size of Hummers who push them like they are serial killers looking for a victim. I am not kidding; I have been knocked down more than once and been yelled at for getting in the way. I rarely look at my phone anymore; I try to stay out of these angry peoples' way. I haven't yet figured out why there are so many angry parents at Disney. It isn't the happiest place in the earth if you cross one of them. I try not to let these things spoil my vacation because I love going to Disney, but it is getting harder and harder to have a good time.

Stephen Myers

ProTip: Tell the person at the counter at Club Cool that it is your birthday.. get a free frozen drink of your choice.. this past year our family had 5 different birthdays celebrated with a free frozen drink..

I have one that I didn't see. For those who refill the bottled water, the best water fountain is at the bathrooms at the exit of splash mountain. Maybe because it's under the roof all day, but it's ice cold and does not taste like pool water. I make a point to refill at the fountain.

Top Bottom