Whats the best souvenir you've received or even bought for yourself from a WDW trip??

marsrunner

The framed replica poster of the original Haunted Mansion attraction poster I bought at the store in the American Pavillion at Epcot. This was in 1999 or 2000.

Disneybird

Back in the 70's (of course I was a baby), I bought a bean bag stuffed Mickey and Donald at the shop in the Contemporary. During the 25th B'day celebration, there was a tribute to the MK set up on Main Street, and in a showcase they had the Mickey and Donald that I bought. These also had price tags on them which I think were hand written, and were well over $150 each.

Last week I found a great souvenir for only $1.95 at the shop at POFQ. It is a very colorful growth chart with characters on it. At certain inches, it states what a child is tall enough to ride now. Such as at 35", it says you can ride Goofys Barnstormer, at 38" you can ride Kali River Rapids, etc.. My grandson is 38" and we are taking him in Jan.. Now I can hope he grows 2 more inches by then so he can ride Soarin. By the way, I bought 6 of these so I can give some as gifts too.

Love_RnR

Probably the ring (two Mickey heads) I bought at CSR and used to propose to my fiancee!:)

Other than that, every year I purchase a different small Mickey. The last trip I actually bought two, one Christmas Mickey (hard to find when I went in early Dec., I kept checking every store until we found him on our last day hidden on the non-traffic side of a cart between TSM and Backlot), and an "I Love You" Mickey since it was the trip we got engaged. From other trips; Jedi, MMC, Diving, RnRC, 2000, Band and Test Track.

JustInTime

Hmmm. I really, really love my solid white mickey i got in the 8th grade(wish I had a minnie). Also, my huge yeti from AK and my huge pressed penny collection. :)

minnie_maus

Our wedding planner gave us a special gift after we were married...

Also, I really love my big Pluto stuffed animal that my DH bought me on our honeymoon! :eek:

magiconmainstrt

Favorite Souv and a Magical Tip for the Younger Ones!

Here's a quick one:
Each year I purchase a Christmas Ornament for our family tree. Then when we set-up our Christmas Tree, we can relive the "magic" from the vacations. Nice way to bring back the memories!

(By the way, these are great gifts at Christmas for the relatives to-now the relatives at Christmas Dinner, cant wait to see what ornament they have for themselves) Pass the Magic around!

Quick Tip on Souv. for Young Ones

Due the search for Crushed Pennies,they can make themselves nice little collection from each land in Mk, resorts, Parks etc. Nice way to keep them occupies at Epcot Lands to-My son loves to search out for the machine and purchase his penny.
Mom even went on a solo trip to MK on our last day, to get the missed Crushed Penny at Liberty Square-while the kids swam with dad-

Have a good one!:)

hrcollectibles

SO hard to Choose Just one..
2 vintage Figments
2 Plastic Cups From Pleasure Island (One with 7 clubs, one with 6 clubs)
Limited Edition Storybook Pins

• Peter Pan
  • Epcot With Figment
My Resort Refillable mugs from All Star Movies and Allstar Music ( I miss the resort themed mugs)
Several Popcorn Buckets (can't beat the price under 4.00 for popcorn and a souvenir)

Chevross

I got an ink pen from the Richard Petty Driving Experience...but that really doesn't count.

I'd have to go with a Golden Mickey Mouse watch that my wife bought me. It means a lot to me as it was the last trip we got to go with together. Plus, it's a really nice watch too.

Susan Savia

I found a few years ago, a little Spaceship Earth and it holds a photo and so I looked in the other parks and found a Tree of Life in AK, a Castle in MK and for HS it was a Mickey that will hold 4 photos. Their about 5" tall and I keep them in my curio cupboard with each one holding a photo taken in that particular park.

protiius

My Resort Refillable mugs from All Star Movies and Allstar Music ( I miss the resort themed mugs)

have they stopped theming the refillable mugs to the resort that you buy them from? i'm sure i got some last summer from carribean beach that had "carribean beach" printed on, but i could be mistaken...

Ilovewishes

I get a different small plush Mickey every time we go and we get pins that reflect our trip (hotel, year, park, reason for visit such as honeymoon etc).

But my best souvenirs have to be the CDs I got of the music for Wishes, Spectro & F!. I love listening to them and it means that whenever I go, I can sing along to my hearts content! :eek:

I love those CDs!:D

bobjl527

We bought matching Mickey and Minnie champagne glasses at that glass shop at Downtown Disney for our wedding. We had our names etched on them. Everybody loved them.

jen2009

Our wedding planner gave us a special gift after we were married...

Also, I really love my big Pluto stuffed animal that my DH bought me on our honeymoon! :eek:

If you got married at Disney was it the his and her watches? We got them when we got married in March. They are collector items and will not be sold to the public, just given as gifts to the Disney brides and grooms.

Scooter

Couldn't choose just one favorite item.
I have 3

1)My EPCOT Center coffe mug I bought in 1989 (see avatar)
2)My large bronze Partners statue.
3)My 134 differant Antenna toppers.

goofykt

I have a little Pirates of the Caribbean snowglobe with Mickey, Donald and Goofy all dressed as pirates. They're leaning over a treasure chest and it even has a switch on the bottom to turn on a light in the globe. I've never seen anything since that's like it, and it's really nice for only having been $20 - I've seen other snowglobes of the same size for $35-$40.

I have DW souvenirs that are a lot cooler or more impressive, but this one is sentimental because it's from an impromptu MK trip from before my husband and I were married. When we were dating, we took a trip to Orlando with my mom right after college let out in May '05. We were staying in my grandma's condo in Winter Park, and Ray and I were driving around one morning when we both suddenly thought (at the exact same time) "let's go to Disney!". It was completely unplanned and we weren't even sure we had enough money on us to pay for tickets and parking! But I hadn't been there since I was 9 years old, and Ray had never been to Disneyworld (only Disneyland a few times), so we threw caution to the wind and went. It's one of the best memories of my life and some of my favorite pictures of Ray and I are from that day (and neither of us had a camera on us because we were planning on going to the movie theater instead of the MK, so we had to pony up for a theme-park priced disposable camera - yikes!)

...and we've made a DW trip every year since we've been married! :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom