What's Still On and What's Now Off

Magic Feather

DCL is in a very unique situation. Prior to the closure, DCL had a huge excess of demand wit not enough supply. That is one of the main reasons why Disney is one of if not the most expensive in the Cruise Line industry (alongside its luxury perception and great reputation). It is one of the few aspects where I wouldn't be surprised to see prices jump after they begin to reopen as capacity is forced to become even lower, limiting supply further. This entire concept is why Disney took the opportunity to up their order from two to three ships, and, to my knowledge, it is very far down on the totem pole for capex cuts. DCL projects might even be the most insulated from COVID fallout throughout DPEP.

asianway

reflections construction is still going on. Since it is dvc it will have return on investment so I don’t see this project stopping.

SSE and Poppins I see off the table for now
If on SSE they could just add an ending (something to look at, light show or something) on the descent and maybe redo the cartoons with your pictures that would be a cheap but welcome add for now.
DVC doesn’t have a guaranteed return on anything. See Aulani. They are on the hook for dues until the points are sold and don’t get the cash from the sales until they securitize the receivables. And the rates for timeshare paper isn’t going to be favorable going into a recession. If anything I’d see them turning to DLH since that product actually has demand.

M:SpilotISTC12

I'm worried about the future of Epcot. Future World is a mess right now. With budgets getting cut, what is going go happen to the giant opening in the middle? Are they just going to roll out some beer and merch carts and call it a day? The 40th anniversary is going to be sad, isn't it? Sure we'll get GotG (only because its so far into construction) but the rest of Future World seems bleak. WoL can stay status quo as it has been for the last decade so that is no loss. Innoventions, Electric Umbrella, Mousegears, JII, and SSE are the real question marks for their status. Even the announced plans (though I wasn't high on them) seem better than what could be coming now.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
They need to have Reflections finished right before when they anticipate Riviera to sell out so that they can seamlessly move over to selling points there.
If Reflections is being re-evaluated it means that there are concerns that sales at Riviera will slow down. That means that they can stop construction for awhile until they can see the sales trends better.

If Reflections was strictly DVC like Riviera then I could see DVC pushing ahead because they can manipulate sales with incentives to push Riviera faster or slower as desired. But Reflections also has the hotel side that I believe is still the majority of rooms. They're currently needing to reconsider demand for deluxe hotels. There's so much uncertainty that any decision one way or the other would be a hunch. It's unlikely anyone is going to the Bobs with "We believe the demand will still be there but we really don't know."

imagineer97

In the Parks
No
MouseGear is entirely gutted. Like, no floor or ceiling, no walls, it's just one big empty space. Electric Umbrella on the other hand hasn't been touched to my knowledge, neither has a small remaining portion of Innoventions East.
What about the Dreamfinder's vehicle on the wall? Any ideas what happened to that?

nickys

Premium Member
reflections construction is still going on. Since it is dvc it will have return on investment so I don’t see this project stopping.

SSE and Poppins I see off the table for now
If on SSE they could just add an ending (something to look at, light show or something) on the descent and maybe redo the cartoons with your pictures that would be a cheap but welcome add for now.

Reflections is half DVC, half Disney. So costs will be shared. But since all they’ve done so far is cleared the ground, and maybe done some preliminary utility prep work, it’s a good time to hit pause.

Lilofan

I'd be curious to know if they kept any of River Country (what was left of it) intact for the new resort (like the pool or anything like that).
If WDW could set up River Country like a private island getaway for the rich and or famous I think there could a demand for this high end travel experience.

NoBreyner60

This is what reflections looks like as of mid April. The restaurants are in the top/middle and the new Tri Circle D ranch is on the right.
reflections-construction-march-25-bioconstruct.jpeg

SpaceMountain77

This is what reflections looks like as of mid April. The restaurants are in the top/middle and the new Tri Circle D ranch is on the right.
View attachment 468946

I still find it awful that a Hyatt Place-inspired design will be juxtaposed with Pioneer Hall. The previous design, which was released a few years back, seems to have been a more colonial style.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom