What's Still On and What's Now Off

lazyboy97o

for a cost typically. Usually contracts like that have a "fee" associated with breaking the contract. It usually covers some sort of lost overhead/expenses due to having work in backlog and then removed, along with costs associated with removal of temporary office space, people, equipment, etc. So you then have to balance is the cancellation fee and then the associated costs to restart the project, out weigh the costs to simply move forward. My company does a lot of work at WDW and we have been more willing to "help" out and put stuff on hold simply because we don't want to ruin the relationship. We also have a lot of local presence so we don't have as much fixed cost/cost to leave the site. We also have several projects there and have one office that supports them, so as long as we have at least one thing going on, we can justify that cost some. The bigger fear would be them canceling the contracts, versus delaying the contract.
If the issue was the cost of suspension then that doesn't really explain why it was paid for everything else. Even if it was about keeping one of multiple projects going, wouldn't Ratatouille be the better project to continue as it is nearly complete so its chances of being completed are much, much higher than most everything else that was under construction?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If the issue was the cost of suspension then that doesn't really explain why it was paid for everything else. Even if it was about keeping one of multiple projects going, wouldn't Ratatouille be the better project to continue as it is nearly complete so its chances of being completed are much, much higher than most everything else that was under construction?
I can’t for the life of me believe that the wilderness hotel project is a “priority” to continue?

The two most likely projects to be mothballed now are that and the Star Wars hotel.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
To be honest Rat is missing something the most that’s missing the most now.

DoleWhipDrea

Speaking of, I wanted to ask if you think World Showcase would potentially re-open without CMs from their respective countries, given the potential travel limitations that may continue for some time? Or would this just be another reason to delay EPCOT’s re-opening?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Speaking of, I wanted to ask if you think World Showcase would potentially re-open without CMs from their respective countries, given the potential travel limitations that may continue for some time? Or would this just be another reason to delay EPCOT’s re-opening?
If they wanted to open...you just plug others in.

Not like people speak actual Deutsch In the German pavilion...except fools like me.

I’m sad that Ancient Rome pavilion with native Latin speakers wasn’t announced at D23 too ☹

Getachew

If they wanted to open...you just plug others in.

Not like people speak actual Deutsch In the German pavilion...except fools like me.

I’m sad that Ancient Rome pavilion with native Latin speakers wasn’t announced at D23 too ☹

Lots of part time CM's who sometimes get scheduled zero hours a week would happily work in world showcase in place of the international CM's.

TTA94

@marni1971 when do you think some construction at WDW might return? Sounds like some “essential” construction at DL is resuming? Hopefully essential at WDW would mean Rat., Harm., Tron, Guardians, Castle refurb.

pdude81

To be honest Rat is missing something the most that’s missing the most now.

tumblr_pmofugkr6l1sx5m67_500.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom