What's Still On and What's Now Off

Lilofan

Epcot is actually the best park for social distancing, even now in it's current state. It would be the best park to open up under severe restrictions (not including the festivals times).
Little hiccup. The entire college program and international program have been sent home and summer and fall programs cancelled. It would look odd if USA cast members work the China, Morocco, Norway, Japan, Italy pavillions as examples. The theming may be slightly off. My take is Epcot will not open right away.

Ravenclaw78

I've never said Kathleen Kennedy was being fired or that Galaxy's Edge would be retrofitted to the OT in a short period of time. There's a history feature and a quote function for a reason.

And so you understand, there are times when I have conferred with Martin in private to make sure our sources were lining up. I found out before he did that Brazil was off the table for World Showcase. I then found out that Disney was reaching out to Chile as a replacement. Martin did some digging for me and was able to let me know there was no progress on that front. Both of us then had reliable info coming in from multiple sources. We've done the same thing in the past for info on the Dreamfinder character. I knew about Mary Poppins before he could confirm it, but he knew about Moana way before me.
Alright, that's fair. I am at work and can't take the time right now to search for your prior comments, but I'll do so this afternoon. I'll either post quotes if I find them or an apology if I'm misremembering and the quotes aren't there.

Haymarket2008

I've never said Kathleen Kennedy was being fired or that Galaxy's Edge would be retrofitted to the OT in a short period of time. There's a history feature and a quote function for a reason.

And so you understand, there are times when I have conferred with Martin in private to make sure our sources were lining up. I found out before he did that Brazil was off the table for World Showcase. I then found out that Disney was reaching out to Chile as a replacement. Martin did some digging for me and was able to let me know there was no progress on that front. Both of us then had reliable info coming in from multiple sources. We've done the same thing in the past for info on the Dreamfinder character. I knew about Mary Poppins before he could confirm it, but he knew about Moana way before me.

Dreamfinder, huh?? Love the sound of that.
(Thank you for all the info you’re providing)

The Grand Inquisitor

Thyanks for the info :). What about dreamfinder? Where there plans for the character?

The_Jobu

Do you know why Brazil didn't work out?

Hawg G

Little hiccup. The entire college program and international program have been sent home and summer and fall programs cancelled. It would look odd if USA cast members work the China, Morocco, Norway, Japan, Italy pavillions as examples. The theming may be slightly off. My take is Epcot will not open right away.

If this blows over, and sanity returns, Disney and Universal will be racing to open first. Every park. They will hire anyone that breathes, and doesn’t cough.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Linked on the Drudge this morning...

Here's the original interview...

MisterPenguin

Premium Member

Not having the 'right' international personnel in a national pavilion is going to be one of the least odd things of getting things back up and running and highly unlikely to be the reason Epcot doesn't open.

"Can we open now?"

"No still need two more Germans!"

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
They got it from the shopDisney website for the limited edition attraction poster, which is a reliable source. Things change all the time but shopDisney is an official website, Inside the Magic was just reporting the information.

“Celebrate the new aquatic adventure at the reimagined Epcot with this limited edition print promoting the forthcoming Moana-inspired Journey of Water walkthrough maze. Featuring the goddess Te Fiti from the 2016 movie, the poster is printed on archival paper and will whet your appetite for the attraction’s 2021 opening at Walt Disney World.”

“Journey of Water inspired by Moana is scheduled to open at Epcot in 2021.”

After the poster sold out, shopDisney edited the copy to say "forthcoming...walkthrough maze."

Things change all the time but Disney seems confident in moving forward with it based on the original description and selling the poster in the first place. Plus, it was never a huge budget "attraction" to begin with. Like someone else said, it's basically a waterfall and some jumping fountains.

No... this is what happened. It's in the thread you're posting to....

1. Epcot creates posters for new and old attractions for the roll out of New Epcot.

2. People clamor for the posters.

3. Eventually, the posters get released in a limited edition set over time.

4. They finally get around to the Moana Journey of Water poster on sale.

5. The blurb for the poster mentions the 2021 opening date which would have been totally super obvious to anyone who really follows Disney that that was just an old blurb attached to the poster that never got updated.

6. Apparently, some bloggers who really don't know Disney like they think they do, and would like their readers to think that they know Disney a lot better than they actually do, think that this is a recent official announcement from Disney stating they will open the Moana Journey of Water in 2021.

7. The bloggers proclaim that Moana, Journey of Water is not getting the possible axe in the COVID troubles and is set for a definite go in 2021.

8. Readers of those blogs assume these bloggers know what they're talking about and repeat it.

9. Disney sees this fiasco and removes the 2021 mention from the blurb.

10. History tells us that no one will have learned anything from this. Bloggers will continue to be blind to how Disney operates. They will continue to make dumb assumptions and pass it off as news. People still give them the clicks after chomping down on their bait full of nonsense.

[end]

Just so you know: Marketing is not a reliable source. They get things wrong all the time. They are out of the loop.

LSLS

He could be right. He could be wrong. If he hadn't spent the last year telling us every couple of weeks that his insider contacts said Kathleen Kennedy was being fired tomorrow and RotR was going to be rethemed to the OT overnight if Rise of Skywalker bombed, he might have more credibility. When he has been right, it's usually after Martin or another insider already posted the same thing, or something that's a logical conclusion from already publicly-known data but he gets to tell us a fancy codename for it. But yes, sometimes his contacts actually exist and tell him stuff we haven't already heard. Even a stopped clock...

Martin has vouched for him multiple times (look no further than this thread). I have had disagreements with WDW Pro (especially on Corona), but he has become a pretty solid insider for this site.

Getachew

Not having the 'right' international personnel in a national pavilion is going to be one of the least odd things of getting things back up and running and highly unlikely to be the reason Epcot doesn't open.

"Can we open now?"

This. Though in fairness, some pavilions like Italy are entirely third party.

Lilofan

"Can we open now?"

Any substitute trained to wear the skimpy outfit and bellydance at Epcot/Morocco?😏

WDW Pro

Original Poster
Dreamfinder, huh?? Love the sound of that.
(Thank you for all the info you’re providing)

It turned out to be routine costume maintenance, but happened at a time that had me looking into a Journey announcement. Martin was able to get info on the "friend" of Dreamfinder, which allowed me to know there would be no public performance.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
It's an official site and they got those dates from somewhere. I'm sure they didn't just make them up themselves lol. Like I've said, things change all the time and they quickly edited their own copy but they didn't just throw out random dates.

And bus drivers can tell you that the monorail was going to go through the black box of the Dolphin Resort. (It never was, it's too narrow for a station.)

Would you believe that because the bus driver was an *official* employee of WDW?

How about how often the calendar of events are just plain wrong? That's an official site. When they don't list the MK parade or fireworks in the following month, does that mean that the MK actually canceled the parade and fireworks?

The Disney Parks Blog has gotten things wrong in the past, too.

I've emailed Disney several times to fix wrong information in the WDE. They had the Frozen lighting of the castle listed as Cinderella's godmother's lighting of the castle two years in a row until I corrected them.

But that's an official site!!

Official sites are always to be taken with suspicion. Same for info from front line CMs. Same for customer reps on the phone when you ask about what's happening at the parks... you'll get different answers depending who you speak to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom