What's Still On and What's Now Off

Surferboy567

Not saying this is reliable...but has this been discussed? Permits for installation of the prism in the fountain.

Mickey Views just posted it (they look too real) to be fake.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Advertisement
Your hypothetical situation is worthless. The same thing happens to companies that are doing phenomenal business.
Again with the deflection... it doesn't matter what can 'also happen' -- The question is simple. What do you think the analysts would say? You really can't stand facing a single point can you?

Nunu

Premium Member
They will be cancelled, no doubt. My trip in September isn't looking so hot either.
Oh, I know. 😌
Actually, I just checked MDE, our FP's for May 2 also gone. Resort reservation still on. From May 3 on, everything's still there.

We know this trip won't happen, but want Disney to cancel, just to see if we're offered some kind of incentive/discount.

Lilofan

You still didn't answer the question.

I don't care if you think if the company's fundamentals are sound. What would you expect analysts and the market react to a company that drops revenue by 50% and forecasts down revenues for the future?

You can keep dodging the question.. but you know the answer. The market would crush them. The market crushes companies because of their forecasts because the market is not based on the strength of a company, it's based on the future potential of the value of the share.

The company is facing earnings calls that they will have to face the reality of the two of their major pillars are effectively ZERO revenue now. There is no way to hide from that reality. And no amount of 'boom, things are back to normal' replace that opportunity window.

I don't think you understand what the analyst was even saying with his rating.
It's a scary thought to think Disney revenues to drop by 50%. Not much for Wall Street analysts on the conference to recommend a BUY in the Disney stock. If New CEO Chapek on the conference call uses words like " restructuring, consolidation and synergy" code words - layoffs.

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

Oh, I know. 😌
Actually, I just checked MDE, our FP's for May 2 also gone. Resort reservation still on. From May 3 on, everything's still there.

We know this trip won't happen, but want Disney to cancel, just to see if we're offered some kind of incentive/discount.
It looks like they're doing it on a week-by-week basis. So everything for 5/3 - 5/9 would be cancelled towards the end of the week/beginning of next week.

larryz

All Quacked Up
Premium Member
But it wouldn't have anything to do at all with the firm he works wanting to artificially drive the price of the stock down further as to possibly position it into a position in which it is advantageous for his firm to buy or sell large quantities of Disney shares.

Because that type of manipulation never ever happens.
Quoth the Cramer, "nevermore!"

rowrbazzle

fair point

TBT's print edition is now only 2 days a week..
a lot of seniors like my dad have not been aware as most people are
Yeah, it's a well-respected paper and has won multiple Pulitzer Prizes in recent years. I'm not even from Florida, but I'm familiar with some of their work. I remember when they were the St. Pete Times!

WDW Pro

Original Poster
There is no need to attack WDW Pro, he has presented his information fairly and it is what it is.

As for antibody testing Admiral Giroir announced yesterday that antibody testing would be able to be scaled up much quicker then the antigen testing and he expects this test to be available soon.
You'll notice that the only thing they ever attack me on is the one thing that didn't pan out (my projections for Frozen 2 box office revenue which were based on Skywalker hitting projected revenues). I've literally announced exclusively the Mary Poppins attraction, Close the Gap initiative, have repeatedly given internal statistics for attractions that are not public knowledge, explained the interactions between Lucasfilm and WDI in developing Galaxy's Edge with architectural proof of modifications... but I'm bludgeoned by a few trolls because I missed a box office projection. You'll also notice that actual insiders don't bludgeon me.

Where did the original poster's list come from? Guesses? Bc Moana is set to open next year. So what's the REAL list?

https://insidethemagic.net/2020/04/moana-journey-of-water-2021-opening-ba1/
Absolutely nothing is set at this moment, and precisely because there are too many variables for Disney at the moment. What does the economy look like in six months? What is the state of the disease? How much government stimulus money can they get, and what are the stipulations? What new regulations will need to be in place? And while we wait for those answers, billions of dollars are being lost in summer revenue with negligible income across the entire company.

That said, you can expect that any project which can be delayed or cut, will be delayed or cut, unless there is some miraculous way that the American Government prevents a steep recession. Even if that plays out, though, it is unlikely that Disney will have international guest revenues anywhere near prior normal numbers for years.

Surferboy567

That said, you can expect that any project which can be delayed or cut, will be delayed or cut, unless there is some miraculous way that the American Government prevents a steep recession. Even if that plays out, though, it is unlikely that Disney will have international guest revenues anywhere near prior normal numbers for years.
I think the confusion comes from what is considered an essential project. You have outlined them.

-TRON
-Guardians
-Rat (done basically)
-Play? (This one is unclear)

Everything else with a few exceptions like

-Space 220 (a lot is done but maybe will take some time for Patina to fund)
-Epcot ENTRANCE (basically done made evident by fountain permit).

Is up in the air.

Let the record show though, I personally rather have Moana any day of the week over pavement.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Mr. Buffet is that you? Oracle of Omaha? Many respected economists and financial institutions have indicated that the recovery will be a quick one, not a prolonged period of recession. There are many factors to consider, but if you look at what key people are saying it is not going to be doom and gloom you are predicting
My county passed our FY21 budget last night. Right off the top, they froze 3% of the budget based on expected tax revenues being down. What did that impact? Employee wages and new hires. This is just the leading edge of pull backs you will see as the forecast and dealing with the consequences of the shutdown will bring. And this is from a government which has very stable assets it generates revenues from. Imagine you're a company that is purely sales driven...

Top Bottom