What's Primeval Whirl like?

JLW11Hi

I'd suggest riding it for yourself, dreamer. As you can see, opinions on the ride are pretty mixed, and if you are going to AK anyway, I would ride it even if just to fill up some time. Whatever you do, don't judge it 'till you try it out for yourself!

I haven't got to ride it yet. It was actually done when I went to AK last, but for some dumb reason, I didn't think it was open yet. But then, its something new to look forward to next year!

goofyman

Originally posted by disneyprep50321
I like it. It's a spinning wild mouse coaster, themed with dinosaurs.

It was pretty cool...I like the swirling things when you're going up the lift hill!

Just there in Aug. also, and no line at all. Kids loved it! But if you get sick from spinningSTAY AWAY FROM THIS ONE!! Once was enough for this stomach!:hurl:

Tramp

Originally posted by goofyman

Just there in Aug. also, and no line at all. Kids loved it! But if you get sick from spinningSTAY AWAY FROM THIS ONE!! Once was enough for this stomach!:hurl:

LOL...very true....BUT, I'm pretty sure you can ask them to lock the car so it can't spin....at least you can experience the attraction without getting sick.:D

...also, it you get a car that doesn't spin, just tell the CM at the end of the ride and they will unlock or reset the car and let you ride again. :)

GoofyMike29

The entire Dino Land is like a state fair, and I think that it is cool. It is a nice change of pace and as long as you fast pass Primeval Whirl you should be cool.

Invero

I rode it once during the soft opening...

The ride itself has potential. When going around corners, if the car didn't spin, you got jerked into the restraint bar, and that HURT... However, if it did spin, then it was kinda fun. :)

As for theming... it's supposed to be themed like a cheap, cheesy, carnival ride... That's what that whole area is about. *shrug*

Invero

(Sorry for the thread drift!)

Originally posted by wannabeBelle
Hey Tyler I love your Avatar. And from those of us here in NY thank you for remembering!! Belle

Thanks... I worked hard last night to create something nice to commemorate those we lost. It might have happened in NY and in DC... but it effected everyone in the world, especially down here.

I created this for my signature over on another board.

Attachments

• sept11sig.jpg
    sept11sig.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 95

mej

My daughter ( aged 7) and I enjoyed it - you have to be surprisingly tall to ride it. I think the reason for the height requirement is that you do need to be able to brace yourself with your feet - otherwise you would be thrown about a little too much.

goofyman

Originally posted by Tramp

LOL...very true....BUT, I'm pretty sure you can ask them to lock the car so it can't spin....at least you can experience the attraction without getting sick.:D

...also, it you get a car that doesn't spin, just tell the CM at the end of the ride and they will unlock or reset the car and let you ride again. :)
Thanks for the tip I will deff try next time like that!!

pepsistar

Just read all the reviews on the new ride--- Is there a height requirement?? It was not fished when we went last October. Looked cute? We will be retuning in November. I am sure my grandson will want to go but!! although he is 6, he is not tooo tall, and will be upset if he does not get to go-- :( I do like the new area . Animal Kingdom needed some more attraction/games for young people:sohappy: (I miss Mr Toad!!!!:mad: )

Michael C

I didn't enjoy PW very much at all, even though I didn't expect to much from it. It has a lot of short jerkey movements. At one point, a quick jerk from turning a corner made me hit my elbow on the hard metal. Ouch!

I'd say it's worth riding only if the line is very short. It also seems toload very slowly.

mej

There is a height requirement - which seemed to me to be quite tall. My 4 year old could not ride - yet was able to do Splash mointain/Big Thunder/Journey to Atlantis etc It may have been 48 inches - not sure of the exact details

wannabeBelle

Yep I checked height requirement for Primeval Whirl is definitely 48 inches. I think that is a bit high for that type of ride but I didnt come up with it, I Am just passing it along!! Belle

Jon_in_NC

This is an odd ride. It is themed to be for younger people (and it is very carnival-type), however it does have several shakes and jerks. I agree with an earlier comment; you can get your elbow or leg banged pretty hard if you aren't paying attention and anticipating the car's next move.

I'd say FastPass it if you want to ride it, but I wouldn't make a special point of it.

Less than 5 weeks until our next trip!
Oct 17-21

cm1988

Enjoyed it

I enjoy coasters of all types (though haven't tried giga-coasters!)... and carnival rides... and all sorts of WDW attractions.

So maybe it's no surprise I really enjoyed primeval whirl! I rode during an off-peak season (though weekend) day. Both sides were operating and the wait was about 5 minutes either side. FastPass was available as well, but you'd have to be incredibly time-conscious to have used it.

I'm fairly big (these days) so was pleased to see there was no challenge fitting in the 'horse collar' type restraint, as is the case with some suspended coasters. Everything was quite comfy and though we got up a pretty good spin, did not experience any but the mildest jolts or jars.

Ride seemed to last about a minute and a half... and there was a lot of clever props to look at, a couple of very tame but fun drops (scoots, really), then as mentioned before, some crazy spinning along the hairpin turns.

Jumped right on to ride it a second time, and will return!

So, I'd just say it's really fun. Not to imply the little coaster is "worth a day's journey" in itself. But add that to Dinosaur!, the Safari, Bug's Life, Lion King show, Kali River Rapids, the tigers in Asia... one could find several hours of fun there.

mandib

I loved it and so did my 8 year old sis (I'm 13) we went on 4 times and would've gone on more if our mom would've let us. We didn't need a fast pass we got on within 10 min everytime although we did go during the slower time of the year!

Irrawaddy Erik

Originally posted by Michael72688
I loved it, it's a little corny but so much fun, my stomach hurts everytime I get off because I've been laughing so hard!

LOL I totally understand Michael......I brought my Mom on and we cackled the WHOLE time ....... too much fun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom