"What's Next?" presentation December 7th

Dukeblue1227

Serious question... What incentive do they honestly have to announce something "big" the day after the opening of what sadly is the biggest expansion to the entire park in 14 years...

Kind of overshadows fle if they announce something overwhelming right after finally opening what they've spent the last 3 or so years building.

GeorgiaPinesRJB

Serious question... What incentive do they honestly have to announce something "big" the day after the opening of what sadly is the biggest expansion to the entire park in 14 years...

Kind of overshadows fle if they announce something overwhelming right after finally opening what they've spent the last 3 or so years building.

It makes sense to me: Look what we just did! Like what you see? More to come, stay tuned!

Dukeblue1227

It makes sense to me: Look what we just did! Like what you see? More to come, stay tuned!

But one day after... How can anyone like what they see when only a very tiny and small percentage (like .01%) who they are marketing to has actually experienced it.

If it was 3 months after... Maybe.

The day after just screams underwhelming to me

GeorgiaPinesRJB

But one day after... How can anyone like what they see when only a very tiny and small percentage (like .01%) who they are marketing to has actually experienced it.

If it was 3 months after... Maybe.

The day after just screams underwhelming to me

I hope like heck I'm wrong. Just wanted to share my two cents.

I see your point...however, with all the photos and videos and having the soft opening for it two months before that... a lot of us will know what it looks like. The average-Joe WDW Visitor won't, but it'll drum up excitement to see the New Fantasyland and also get them excited for something coming 3-5 years from now.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

I think this is why it will probably be further details on the rest of FLE: mine train, princess meet and greet and tangled bathrooms and maybe some additional info on shows/parades in MK. Complementary stuff to what just opened.

I am still holding out hope for a Carsland or DHS announcement too, but I am likely going to be disappointed.

GeorgiaPinesRJB

I think this is why it will probably be further details on the rest of FLE: mine train, princess meet and greet and tangled bathrooms and maybe some additional info on shows/parades in MK. Complementary stuff to what just opened.

I am still holding out hope for a Carsland or DHS announcement too, but I am likely going to be disappointed.

There is also the Beauty and the Beast and Little Mermaid shows over at DHS that are apparently getting replaced... I would love a Carsland announcement. Or an Avatar/DAK-something too. We shall see. Not going to put money on it or get my hopes up high but... I thinking something nice will be announced.

M.rudolf

They don't but it could be a ploy to shut down a certain project if interest isn't very high

M.rudolf

That's what I'm thinking too. They're going to announce SOMETHING, just whether that's Avatar or something different remains to be seen. Maybe even more art for SDMT? We don't know but I am still excited to see what is announced.

And if the Carsland/DHS rumors are true, then maybe that'll be what they announce. I see DHS and DAK getting the love after NFE is in the bag...

That is interesting, Lee. Makes sense why we haven't seen it! Again, thanks for your insight as always!

I've seen 3 pieces put wasn't able to copy or to upload it due to the protections on it

John

IMO opinion, nothing major will be discussed. Nothing any of us dont already know. The reason this thing is taking place isnt directed to the "fan" community. But to the same demo all the commercials are aimed at. First timmers etc.

Sure there has been a lot of speculation over the last month or so....but hasnt that been par for course? To those that think....or I should say...hope that its going to be a Avatarland announcement, not going to happen...no way no how. Carsland? nope! To us fine folks here on the blue pages it will add up to drivel. Exactly why are they going to announce anything major when SDMT isnt even opened yet? If they announce anything on AL or CL it will be long after construction actually takes place.....same as UNI. In the theme park war UNI has already begun a full out assualt on the mouse. Disney has been maybe for the first time in a position of playing "catchup". In true Disney style (arrogance) they will ignore the beating of the drums up I4.

In a side note.....If any major plan has been green lit and scheduled construction is to begin I would think that it would be extremly difficult for Disney to conceal it. One of our "insiders" will catch wind....and ofcourse let us all know. As far as any big new project is concerned....there is nothing more then rumor, conjecture and speculation.....and ofcourse hope.

jdmdisney99

After reading the post above, I thought this. In future years, people will probably look back and think of WWoHP's ensuing events as the "[Theme Park] War to End All [Theme Park] Wars". If Disney really cares, and UNI keeps striking, this could be like battle after battle. It's sort of like the Civil War of Orlando theme parks. the big, long-lasting normal is challenged by a new and unique idea. Then, the battles ensue and in the end the original "idea" (WDW) prevails. If Disney truly cares expansion vs. expansion and renovation vs. renovation will keep going. In the end I think Disney will be victorious and let their assault free and just go all out, capping it off by destroying UNI's hopes by buying Marvel theme park rights for DHS.
Wow...what a crazy mind I have...;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom