"What's Next?" presentation December 7th

DocMcHulk

The same folks who have been running WDW into the ground for the last 15 years (well, minus folks like Al Weiss who have moved on but left their trained monkeys behind to continue).
If California is stepping in and making decisions for TDO, shouldn't they nix this plan too?

Disneyhead'71

If California is stepping in and making decisions for TDO, shouldn't they nix this plan too?
There is some culling of the herd that will be going on after the whole FLE/What's Next event.

And regarding announcements:

Nov. 1st (rumored Uni Announcement):

Transformers: The Ride 3D
Simpson's expansion

Dec. 7th (Disney's "What's Next?" announcement)

7DMT
Princess Fairytale Hall presented by Pepto Bismol
New tires for SpectroTragic
announcement with art for the new day parade

DocMcHulk

Does the recent news of FotLK casting on November 16th have any affect on/betray the status of Avatar?
My understanding from what people have said here is that it's moving no matter what. It makes more sense near Africa and it clears out the land for other options way down the line if Avatar falls through.

GLaDOS

My understanding from what people have said here is that it's moving no matter what. It makes more sense near Africa and it clears out the land for other options way down the line if Avatar falls through.

Sure, but if the show is closing at the beginning of the year and will be dark for a while, why are they casting?

themonkeyisthesultan

Sure, but if the show is closing at the beginning of the year and will be dark for a while, why are they casting?
There have been vague rumors around the park of a cut down "street performance" of FotLK running while they're "between theaters" (with singers and dancers but no specialty performers). Frankly, it isn't a rumor I've heard super recently, but it could explain why they're auditioning for singers and no one else.

Atomicmickey

There have been vague rumors around the park of a cut down "street performance" of FotLK running while they're "between theaters" (with singers and dancers but no specialty performers). Frankly, it isn't a rumor I've heard super recently, but it could explain why they're auditioning for singers and no one else.

All of this makes perfect sense to me. No matter what's happening with Avatar, move
FOTLK to Africa. In the interim, do scaled back street performances of the show to
keep it alive. Then the space is clear for "whatever" goes in Camp Minnie Mickey.

Tip Top Club

It's never been a secret that is Avatar does fall through, there's still be something replacing Camp Minnie Mickey. This was something I heard from people who know what they are talking about since day 1.

tomman710

Two things that seem quiet and odd to me ...

1. I think there is something they aren't telling us about the "Tangled Bathrooms" ... as much as we make fun of them even TDO wouldn't invest that much into bathrooms ... so I think there is something "more" to it and that will be announced on Dec 7th ...

2. We haven't heard anything about DTD in a long time ... so it seems with all our talk about DHS, DAK, and everything else we have left this out soooo what that tells me, TDO will ignore what we actually want and give us a nice large DTD expansion/renovation ... (not that I wouldn't like DTD getting love but that money should go to DHS, DAK, and EPCOT)

awoogala

Two things that seem quiet and odd to me ...

1. I think there is something they aren't telling us about the "Tangled Bathrooms" ... as much as we make fun of them even TDO wouldn't invest that much into bathrooms ... so I think there is something "more" to it and that will be announced on Dec 7th ...

2. We haven't heard anything about DTD in a long time ... so it seems with all our talk about DHS, DAK, and everything else we have left this out soooo what that tells me, TDO will ignore what we actually want and give us a nice large DTD expansion/renovation ... (not that I wouldn't like DTD getting love but that money should go to DHS, DAK, and EPCOT)
I am no insider, but the tangled thing always stood out as weird to me as well... I have not been to new fantasyland yet, is there any room left? Because it seems with the tangled theming, that it might be a step one to something else tangled themed going in the same area. Please, disney, make it a ride! No more dressed up meet and greets!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I am no insider, but the tangled thing always stood out as weird to me as well... I have not been to new fantasyland yet, is there any room left? Because it seems with the tangled theming, that it might be a step one to something else tangled themed going in the same area. Please, disney, make it a ride! No more dressed up meet and greets!
There is zero room left where the Tangled bathrooms are going as it is essentially wedged in between the IASW and HM show buildings.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Serious question... What incentive do they honestly have to announce something "big" the day after the opening of what sadly is the biggest expansion to the entire park in 14 years...

One might do that if their aim is to build an image of momentum or increased pace... 'see what we can do, and it gets better...' a spin on the old steve jobs 'one more thing...'. Just a possibility of why you would do that.. not saying they are :)

My biggest question is why have they deflated all the hype out of said new expansion by basically running it wide open nearly 2 months before the grand opening date. If they wanted to create some buzz... announce a new EARLIER opening date.

tomman710

One might do that if their aim is to build an image of momentum or increased pace... 'see what we can do, and it gets better...' a spin on the old steve jobs 'one more thing...'. Just a possibility of why you would do that.. not saying they are :)

My biggest question is why have they deflated all the hype out of said new expansion by basically running it wide open nearly 2 months before the grand opening date. If they wanted to create some buzz... announce a new EARLIER opening date.

Exactly what I thought but I'd like to hybrid your two ideas ... perhaps the goal is to get the buzz going (and plateau) on FLE so when Dec 7th rolls around if they decide to announce new attractions in the "you like this, wait till you see this ..." vein ... then since the land has technically been opened for months the new announcements won't take away from a day old area, essentially.

tomman710

i really, really think people are expecting far too much from this "announcement".

No matter how much I bash (hate) TDO and how much I get labeled some variant of "doom and gloomer" here or else where ... I still am a glutton for punishment and expect something other than the things we already know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom