"What's Next?" presentation December 7th

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Usually they clock in under an hour.

And it sounds like Universal is getting ready to drop 1.5 billion into their Orlando resort. Things have gotten even more interesting. Maybe Disney really should pull something out of their hat for this.
So you are saying that they will need more than a D ticket kids coaster and a well done meet n greet? :D

RSoxNo1

Usually they clock in under an hour.

And it sounds like Universal is getting ready to drop 1.5 billion into their Orlando resort. Things have gotten even more interesting. Maybe Disney really should pull something out of their hat for this.
I'm expecting a substantial announcement on December 7th. While potentially nice additions, I wouldn't consider the DHS show changes or parade changes as substantial announcements.

GLaDOS

I'm expecting a substantial announcement on December 7th. While potentially nice additions, I wouldn't consider the DHS show changes or parade changes as substantial announcements.

It's a very interesting time. If this 1.5 bill from Uni is a legit number, I have to wonder if whatever Disney announces could be overshadowed by Universal opening the floodgates. This precarious situation definitely highlights how bad the holding pattern has been at WDW for the past 6 years.

iheartdisney91

i'm actually getting really worried as our trip gets closer (80 days) hahaha
but for me i REALLY hope disney doesn't close Haunted Mansion or POTC January 4-14
HM is my all time favorite and i'll be devastated if they go into a referb while i'm there.
i've been looking forward to seeing the mansion for since our last trip 3 yrs ago!

can anyone make me feel better about this? LOL

GLaDOS

i'm actually getting really worried as our trip gets closer (80 days) hahaha
but for me i REALLY hope disney doesn't close Haunted Mansion or POTC January 4-14
HM is my all time favorite and i'll be devastated if they go into a referb while i'm there.
i've been looking forward to seeing the mansion for since our last trip 3 yrs ago!

can anyone make me feel better about this? LOL

Neither will close for an extended time anytime soon.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Don't forget the bathroom.That'll blow anything UNI does out of the water. Wink wink

Thats right, they'll flush out the competition, Universal will be sunk. They'll plunge to new depths trying to compete.

Universal will be in so much hot water it will be like a soap opera. Disney will wash their hands of the situation and Universal will have to throw in the towel!

yeti

Thats right, they'll flush out the competition, Universal will be sunk. They'll plunge to new depths trying to compete.

Universal will be in so much hot water it will be like a soap opera. Disney will wash their hands of the situation and Universal will have to throw in the towel!

Hehehe. Yeah, you got it

bubbles1812

That is quite a lot of potty talk Mr! Jiminy Crickett would be ashamed ;)

M.rudolf

I'm not arguing that at all! I choose to go to Disney because I like a higher quality product for my vacation time. Not everything that Disney does is of high value, no, of course not but as a whole the experience is something not often duplicated (yes, we can argue other Disney theme parks and other theme parks in general have duplicated it). I don't want "Walmart" either! (I'm still not entirely sure what "Walmart" applies to in terms of WDW - the word is used so many ways on these forums that it seems to be the phase for anything somebody doesn't like anymore.)
Would someone care to highlight exactly what is Walmart about WDW? Is it the trend of the same merchandise in every shop (which I agree is sad but it seems there are some unique items making their way back in)? And how does this apply to entertainment and experiences?

My point was if WDW is indeed "Walmart" than are we not all Walmart shoppers (for those of us on the forums that actually visit the place)!?!

Low end merchandise, the poor quality of food compared to previous years, the upkeep of the parks, and the differences from what is now a deluxe resort to what was originally a deluxe resort. Also the quality of customer service compared to previous years. You know what the difference between a value resort and a moderate, price that's basically it.

Goofnut1980

I am far from a doom and gloomer.. but I was looking at the projected attendance on some of the blogs and they are only saying about a 6 out of 10 for attendance on opening day. I don't think people are very excited for a restaurant and a ride from a 20+ year old movie. I can only hope it's something good of an announcement.

Totally off topic, but why couldn't they redo Dinosaur into an Indy ride with dinos, if its the same track... That would be fun!!! I know. Random thought, but why not!

nytimez

If at all possible I would like to see that particular term gone from the lingo around here.

You mean some acknowledgement that people can have complex and evolving views and may not always be pigeonholed into one of two groups with extremist labels like "pixieduster" and "doom and gloomer?"

What are you... from another country or something???

;)

jdmdisney99

Were finally going to see concept art of avatarland?!
If they did, I think the concept art is going to be basic. Disney can either knock our socks off with another DisneySea quality land (with E-tickets) or blow this whole thing down the drain. If they keep up good atmosphere like in New Fantasyland and add more substance (rides), as I said before, this will be one of the best lands in a Disney built and operated theme park around the world. :)

GeorgiaPinesRJB

That's what I'm thinking too. They're going to announce SOMETHING, just whether that's Avatar or something different remains to be seen. Maybe even more art for SDMT? We don't know but I am still excited to see what is announced.

And if the Carsland/DHS rumors are true, then maybe that'll be what they announce. I see DHS and DAK getting the love after NFE is in the bag...

Quite possible that some concept art will be shown. They've had art for months, just no solid agreement about what will actually get built.

That is interesting, Lee. Makes sense why we haven't seen it! Again, thanks for your insight as always!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom