"What's Next" Presentation cancelled.....

SirLink

I'm pretty sure the "Around The World" press hoohaw isn't a literal presentation on things happening around the world. Rather, it would be things happening around Disney World besides FLE. Stuff we already all know about and that has already opened or nearing completion, but that could be hyped annoyingly as reasons to plan a Disney World vacation, like; Splitsville, Art of Animation resort, Jack Sparrow exhibit at DHS, DVC construction at Grand Floridian, Golden Oak sales continuing, etc.

I really doubt they would even acknowledge the other properties around the world at a WDW press party, let alone tout all the new stuff that is there but not at WDW.

So... if they cancelled the What's Next presentation, does that mean we have to wait until the D23 Expo in Anaheim next August to learn anything about the WDW future? :rolleyes:

I would rather they focus on the other properties way more interested in those and to quote Meg 'In over her head' Crofton: "A rising tide helps all ships", let the Lifers and Mommy Bloggers - blog about interesting projects around the world.

RSoxNo1

I hope they were planning on announcing the widespread implementation of Fastpass+ and that and the associated announcement were cancelled. Until I'm proven otherwise that's what I'm believing.

TalkingHead

I hope they were planning on announcing the widespread implementation of Fastpass+ and that and the associated announcement were cancelled. Until I'm proven otherwise that's what I'm believing.

They didn't want to be in a position to comment on the recent rumor that all future interactive queues have been 86ed.

I have no where near any level of knowledge about these matters as others on here...but is it not a little late in the game to cancel this? :confused: has this happend before? sorry if i sound ignorant..

sparky03

I'm really getting annoyed with Disney.

I'm headed down to Orlando for a work conference in February '13 and was looking forward to squeezing in a little time at the parks. But with this latest business and all the maintenance issues I saw in my March '12 visit and all the lackluster FLE reviews, I'm giving serious consideration about spending my spare time and dollars at Sea World and Uni. Have not seen Potter yet and I believe this could very well be the trip where I finally do so.

bubbles1812

I'm headed down to Orlando for a work conference in February '13 and was looking forward to squeezing in a little time at the parks. But with this latest business and all the maintenance issues I saw in my March '12 visit and all the lackluster FLE reviews, I'm giving serious consideration about spending my spare time and dollars at Sea World and Uni. Have not seen Potter yet and I believe this could very well be the trip where I finally do so.
Highly encourage you to give Uni and Sea World a try. When is Antarctica coming again?? It's always good to try something new. :)

As to this news, I am shocked I tell you! Absolutely shocked!

Not.

djlaosc

Go for it (Uni/SWO) - you will not be disappointed!

Have you been to any of the three parks before?

lebeau

Maybe the announcements aren't ready yet and haven't been finalized? You can't announce something you're not sure about! Remember Eisner's Disney Decade? It started in the first few years on track and then the whole thing derailed. Projects that were announced for the second part of the decade never happened, but other projects that weren't part of that plan did. Same could be said for FLE, which was to include a "pixie" section when it was announced, but was replaced. Maybe this announcement was put off because major details were as of yet still undecided?

Since when has that EVER stopped Disney from announcing anything?!?

WDW1974

I'm pretty sure the "Around The World" press hoohaw isn't a literal presentation on things happening around the world. Rather, it would be things happening around Disney World besides FLE. Stuff we already all know about and that has already opened or nearing completion, but that could be hyped annoyingly as reasons to plan a Disney World vacation, like; Splitsville, Art of Animation resort, Jack Sparrow exhibit at DHS, DVC construction at Grand Floridian, Golden Oak sales continuing, etc.

I really doubt they would even acknowledge the other properties around the world at a WDW press party, let alone tout all the new stuff that is there but not at WDW.

So... if they cancelled the What's Next presentation, does that mean we have to wait until the D23 Expo in Anaheim next August to learn anything about the WDW future? :rolleyes:

I'm really trying to steer clear of the forums this week (for obvious reasons, like sanity!) ... and this is exactly what Disney would be doing. Anything from tours of the new Grand Flo spa to renderings of what the California Grill might look like next summer when it reopens.

Disney, most certainly, does NOT want to show the world how thing are better at every resort they own/manage than they are at The World.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom