What's after EVEREST?

tazhughes

I think of those the one with the most validity is the Brother Bear Raft Ride, Beach Club Villas no longer offer an Epcot view, becasue a building is in the way (Soarin) and they seem very unhappy about it, so it would make sense that they would put in a well themed ride that would cover this building.

Some of the smoe from MK have already been discussed at length and we have heard varying degrees of it's happening not happening (i.e. HM overlay)

Monorail extension could be a possibility in the long term plans, but not that soon (isn't Orlando building a train/light rail from the airport along the edge of WDW property, it would make sense to have a monorail running along this and that could lead to a larger expansion at the same time).

The idea of putting in a stunt show into the Millionaire theatre also seems reasonable (millionaire is a dead concept, though I enjoy the attratcion), but wouldn't it make more sense to put it into the theatre where they used to do the show where audience members acted on blue screen to get put into a classic tv show (I apologize for the brain freeze over what this was called Superstar Televisoon maybe??) That theatre sits barren now, is equipped with seats and has that great area for the preshow screening.

tomm4004

tazhughes said:
I think of those the one with the most validity is the Brother Bear Raft Ride, Beach Club Villas no longer offer an Epcot view, becasue a building is in the way (Soarin) and they seem very unhappy about it, so it would make sense that they would put in a well themed ride that would cover this building.
It doesn't make any sense to build an expensive attraction just to enhance views in a DVC that is already sold out. Besides, the ride would have to go between Soarin' and the DVC. Is there room? Is Canada actually between Soarin' and the DVC? Anyone have an aerial shot?

tazhughes said:
Monorail extension could be a possibility in the long term plans, but not that soon (isn't Orlando building a train/light rail from the airport along the edge of WDW property, it would make sense to have a monorail running along this and that could lead to a larger expansion at the same time).
The train is dead. A rumour that does make sense is the upgrade of the bus system to make it more efficient. This would further lessen the chances of a monorail extension in the near future.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Energy's rumored rehab date has always been for a '07 reopening. It and Wonders are the two strongest areas for expansion/change at Epcot right now.

An addition to World Showcase would be nice, and might happen for Epcot's 25th, but isn't as strong as Energy and Wonders.

Think of it terms of odds, 2:1 either Energy or Wonders will change by '07. Ice Station Cool's area getting something new is like 7:1, same for finishing Seas, and then new World Showcase is 10:1.

tomm4004

mousermerf said:
Energy's rumored rehab date has always been for a '07 reopening. It and Wonders are the two strongest areas for expansion/change at Epcot right now.

An addition to World Showcase would be nice, and might happen for Epcot's 25th, but isn't as strong as Energy and Wonders.
UofE lost its sponsor. I suppose if they get a new one they would fork over for a rehab or new attraction. I don't see Disney doing it without a sponsor.

World Showcase rumours have been going in since Norway in 1988. I'm beyond hope at this point. A new CEO does give me some hope I guess.

speck76

mousermerf said:

Think of it terms of odds, 2:1 either Energy or Wonders will change by '07. Ice Station Cool's area getting something new is like 7:1, same for finishing Seas, and then new World Showcase is 10:1.

I would put Wonders being replaced/renovated much higher than UoE being replaced/renovated......

I think UoE is probably in its last version of the original concept, I do not personally see them keeping it as a 45 minute movie-heavy attraction.

Disneyfan1981

Wow, a lot of the old rumors seem to be flying around again. Personally I think after Everest we can expect the Star Tours Rehaul and then Epcot to get some TLC then I feel the money will move to MGM and AK respectively. The company has made it abundantly clear that they want all parks to be all day things so I'd expect that to be kicking in right after the 50th Celebration comes to a halt...

tomm4004

speck76 said:
I think UoE is probably in its last version of the original concept, I do not personally see them keeping it as a 45 minute movie-heavy attraction.
Excellent point. They would have to come with another story to lead into the dino scenes, then have yet another film describing the future of energy without Ellen and Bill. It does make sense that a rehab would involved a complete redesign, especially if there is a new sponsor with some pockets.

speck76

tomm4004 said:
Excellent point. They would have to come with another story to lead into the dino scenes, then have yet another film describing the future of energy without Ellen and Bill. It does make sense that a rehab would involved a complete redesign, especially if there is a new sponsor with some pockets.

I enjoy the current version......it is humorous and entertaining IMO, but I understand that it is not the most exciting attraction in the park, and that many people are actually discouraged due to its 45 minute length (which I think it great....45 minutes of AC!)

I will miss it when it is gone, but I am never one to stand in the way of a new attraction.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Energy's real-estate is more valuable than Wonders. Wonders could be raised and dissapear back into folliage from where it came - Energy's spot cannot go so easily unoccupied.

Shaman

speck76 said:
I enjoy the current version......it is humorous and entertaining IMO, but I understand that it is not the most exciting attraction in the park, and that many people are actually discouraged due to its 45 minute length (which I think it great....45 minutes of AC!)

I agree, I think its a good attraction now...nothing I'd wait to ride...but its good....

I think they should work on WoL before UoE....

And hopefully they'll put any old-attraction space into good use when they replace it....

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Wonders has no real "attaction space" to speak of. The Body Wars and Cranium buildings are stand alones attached to the dome, but neither is very big.

To put it in perspective - Star Tours (same ride system as Body Wars) replaced an omnimover dark ride at Disneyland. However, Star Tours at DL has 6 vehicles in bays compared to body wars 4, plus an entire themed queue, which Body Wars does not have. Very few rides will fit in that space without signifigant expansion.

Cranium is even smaller.

Energy on the other hand is one of the largest buildings in Epcot and when stripped down is essentially a massive series of wharehouse rooms akin to "small world", pirates, etc.

CaptainMichael

Disneyfan1981 said:
Wow, a lot of the old rumors seem to be flying around again. Personally I think after Everest we can expect the Star Tours Rehaul and then Epcot to get some TLC then I feel the money will move to MGM and AK respectively. The company has made it abundantly clear that they want all parks to be all day things so I'd expect that to be kicking in right after the 50th Celebration comes to a halt...

Epcot?!?!? How much more TLC can Epcot get???? Test Track, Mission: Space, Soarin', and Land renovation. It seems to me that Epcot is getting more than enough attention. Animal Kingdom needs some serious attention!!!!

speck76

STR8FAN2005 said:
Epcot?!?!? How much more TLC can Epcot get???? Test Track, Mission: Space, Soarin', and Land renovation. It seems to me that Epcot is getting more than enough attention. Animal Kingdom needs some serious attention!!!!

More money can be made or lost at Epcot compared to DAK.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
AK operates at a level on par with its capacity - Everest will raise that capacity and most likely raise the overall attendance as well.

There is a reason AK and MK are the two parks who phase close for capacity - AK's is relatively small and MK is much higher but much more popular.

Epcot still has a lot of capacity room, even with whole pavillions closed, they need to lure the general public into.

Disneyfan1981

STR8FAN2005 said:

Future World has had some TLC but there is the World Showcase that could use a little not to mention have they gotten the wand down from the SSE yet? :animwink:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
World Showcase seems like a likely candidate - however unlike Future World, a pavillion in WS must have a sponsor. Countries are not chompin' at the bit in the current world market though.

I'm betting there will be a new parade or show of some manner as Tapestry was very popular.

Rosso11

Anybody remember when that rumor was floating around that UOE was going to be rethemed with a monster Inc layover. I actually thought this was a good idea since the entire mvie was based around getting energy. I know a lot of people don't want more characters put into epcot. However, I might be in the minority here but as of now i Hate UOE. I really think its my least favorite ride in all of Disney World. The only fun part is trying to count all of the people sleeping during the ride.

SirGoofy

Rosso11 said:
Anybody remember when that rumor was floating around that UOE was going to be rethemed with a monster Inc layover. I actually thought this was a good idea since the entire mvie was based around getting energy. I know a lot of people don't want more characters put into epcot. However, I might be in the minority here but as of now i Hate UOE. I really think its my least favorite ride in all of Disney World. The only fun part is trying to count all of the people sleeping during the ride.

See there's one problem with Monsters INC. in UOE...It's completely fake! Futureworld is supposed to be factual, not based off a movie.

RSoxNo1

SirGoofy said:
See there's one problem with Monsters INC. in UOE...It's completely fake! Futureworld is supposed to be factual, not based off a movie.

See, now that just plain ignorance right there. In light of our current energy crisis, I for one support the efforts of our furry counterparts. I don't appreciate those quick to discredit the monster's efforts as pointless.

speck76

mousermerf said:
World Showcase seems like a likely candidate - however unlike Future World, a pavillion in WS must have a sponsor. Countries are not chompin' at the bit in the current world market though.

I'm betting there will be a new parade or show of some manner as Tapestry was very popular.

I think a day parade would be better than a night parade. WS does not seem to have much of a problem getting visitors at night, with all of the restaurants and Illuminations going on, but during the day can be a different story.

On top of that, if would help distribute the crowds more evenly, if many people went to the back of the park during the day, and returned to Future World in the evening, it could really help with flow.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom