Whats a more impressive nighttime show: Fantasmic Or Illuminations

willythelab

Illuminations

Illuminations, viewed from the World Showcase Plaza is by far the best show in all of WDW. Fantazmic is also great, but nothing is like watching Illuminations from that vantage point. Wishes is an awesome display as well, but just getting to showcase plaza on a non windy night and sitting in front of that railing with the heat of the flames and having the show right in front you-awesome. Sorry about the worlds longest run on sentence!:ROFLOL: My Nevada education is really paying off.

luv2ash

Never saw fantasmic

Illuminations put both me and my husband and kids asleep. We walked out. We were standing there watching this globe move and turn and did nothing for me. Give me Wishes any day! But thats just my 2 cents.

Mansion Butler

Never saw fantasmic

Illuminations put both me and my husband and kids asleep. We walked out. We were standing there watching this globe move and turn and did nothing for me. Give me Wishes any day! But thats just my 2 cents.

Wait. . . you actually walked out?

I have no idea what to say to that. . .

dxwwf3

Wait. . . you actually walked out?

I have no idea what to say to that. . .

Unfortunately, my friends that went with us to Epcot left the park during this portion of the show too. I tried to tell them that it gets better, but they left anyways. So luv2ash isn't the only one.

C&D

Perhaps this post should have been set up as a poll. Then, by vote, at least you could see an objective rating (though this might be ineffective if the voting count was low). Sometimes I just wish people would state their opinions and leave it at that, instead of being disrespectful of someone elses opinion. After all, that's what they are, opinions.

Oh, my vote; I like Illuminations R.O.E. best. :p JMHO :lol:

sarahwiggles99

AHHHHHH the people who say that they have walked out during Illuminations:ROE are killing me.:dazzle: .Ive only ever watched a video of it and listened to the music and I can keep my eyes off the screen while Im watching it. Do you guys at least like the music???

:confused:

ROEFan88

Never saw fantasmic

No offense intended, but you must have a pretty short attention span if you abandoned the show during of the 'quiet' portion, which lasts barely 5 minutes anyway. I appreciate that one could be slightly bored by it, but surely the stunning music and the images on the globe should be enough to hold your attention for a few short minutes until the pyro kicks in again. The extraordinary finale more than compensates for the slow portion of the show, I'm sure everyone will agree.

WDW Monorail

No offense intended, but you must have a pretty short attention span if you abandoned the show during of the 'quiet' portion, which lasts barely 5 minutes anyway. I appreciate that one could be slightly bored by it, but surely the stunning music and the images on the globe should be enough to hold your attention for a few short minutes until the pyro kicks in again. The extraordinary finale more than compensates for the slow portion of the show, I'm sure everyone will agree.

No, I do not just agree.

I agree 1,000,000,000,067,854%

normdisney

Fantasmic is a much better show if they are into the Disney charters! If you want a fireworks show then see illuminations.

Fantasmic is all about DISNEY!:ROFLOL:

MamaMunk

I appreciate that one could be slightly bored by it, but surely the stunning music and the images on the globe should be enough to hold your attention for a few short minutes until the pyro kicks in again.
That is why I don't find Illuminations all that great. I get very bored by the middle section. But the images are not enough to hold my attention, because I find it very hard to see what they are. I find myself looking around anywhere BUT at the globe during that section, I do continue to listen to the stunning music (yes I do agree the music is amazing). But for those of us whose eyesight isn't 20/20 (even with glasses on) it just looks like a turning globe. And yes I have seen the show from just about every location.

Eyorefan

As my daughter put it, "Fantasmic is Disney magic with fireworks." I like seeing the characters even if the show itself is kind of speratic and random.

I saw Illuminations for the first time this past trip and didn't care for it. I don't understand why they have the globe. At parts it was hard for me to tell what was even on it. However I didn't walk out. I managed to stay for the whole thing. Just not my cup of tea.

1. Wishes
2. Fantasmic
3. Illuminations

barnum42

I get very bored by the middle section. But the images are not enough to hold my attention, because I find it very hard to see what they are.
I agree, though once I was made aware of the story they made more sense.

I find I have the same problem in Fantasmic with the water screens. It seems half the show involves looking at blurred images on said water screens. Fortunately the music keeps things going.

donaldfan

AGREED.

I don't understand how the story of earth and it's inhabitants could be boring? Truly a much more ambitious show than any of the other nighttime shows.

Mansion Butler

Unfortunately, my friends that went with us to Epcot left the park during this portion of the show too. I tried to tell them that it gets better, but they left anyways. So luv2ash isn't the only one.

Even if you're bored during that, brief, part, I can't imagine actually leaving and not finishing the show. If you don't like it, don't watch it again. That's just about the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

I work with 9 year olds with longer attention spans.

donaldfan

Fantasmic is a much better show if they are into the Disney charters! If you want a fireworks show then see illuminations.

Fantasmic is all about DISNEY!:ROFLOL:

Why does something have to have animated characters to be "DISNEY"? I think EPCOT is about as "DISNEY" as you can get too, just in a different way. I imagine everyone would agree that The Haunted Mansion is "DISNEY", no Mickey in there either.

Mansion Butler

AHHHHHH the people who say that they have walked out during Illuminations:ROE are killing me.:dazzle: .Ive only ever watched a video of it and listened to the music and I can keep my eyes off the screen while Im watching it. Do you guys at least like the music???

:confused:

There are a ton of moments I got bored during WDW Fantasmic. Leaving was never a part of my thought process. Never going again? Maybe (and I have gone again, though not often), but leaving???

By the way, since everyone's ranking their favorite night time spectaculars:

1) Remember. . . Dreams Come True!
2) IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth
3) Wishes!
4) Fantasmic! (Disneyland)
5) Fantasmic! (Disney Studios)

And there's a significant drop between four and five.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom