Whats a more impressive nighttime show: Fantasmic Or Illuminations

Valawen9

I think I'm just now starting to like Fantasmic. I didn't care for it before because I felt like all it was was watching Disney clips on water and it was boring to me. I like all the other stuff in Fantasmic though so I'm starting to get over the whole water thing.

IllumiNations is really good though. I love fireworks and there's more of that in IllumiNations than Fantasmic.

Joseph360

I would definitly say fantasmic is better because it has many awesome lights and it includes alot of MICKEY:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :D :D :D :xmas: :xmas: :xmas:

Courtney488

You have gasps on your tape because everyone is crammed in the auditorium, where world showcase is 5 times the size of the Fantismic auditorium and I have heard people cheering during Illuminations. That’s impressive!

I like the seating at Fantasmic better...I prefer the stadium seating to either being a bit further away or trying to see over people. Seems the only way to get a really good view for Illuminations is to get there way early. And I'm pretty sure you would hear the gasps anyways...Fantasmic is AWESOME!

davinakb

Thought this would be hotly contested. I really thinks it depends on the viewer: if you're all about Disney and characters and story, Fantasmic! If you're more about lasers, fireworks, music, drinking around the world, then Illuminations. Personally I try to catch both at least once every visit. FWIW.

ckvin

We love Fantasmic....we've started our last two trips with it....but Illuminations is definitely something to be seen! I've argued Wishes should also be considered for a newbie....just for the atmosphere of being at the castle and being excited to be in the Happiest Place on Earth!:sohappy:

Either way....you can't go wrong...because your in Disney World!:wave:

cooleo

Definitely Illuminations!!! Fantasmic is a great & it incorporates some different aspects than Illuminations, but I still believe Illuminations to be better.

"We Hope You Enjoy Our Story Tonight....... Reflections of Earth!!!"
:animwink: :animwink: :animwink: :animwink:

Lucky

This site has a poll on that question. Currently the votes are 645 for Fantasmic and 520 for Illuminations. Wishes and SpectroMagic are also on the ballot (best nighttime shows category), but have fewer votes.

makc

I suppose Illuminations is more "impressive." That being said, Fantasmic! is the best show anywhere. If your group will have children under 10 that are Mickey and Disney animated movie fans, Fantasmic! is the one you should choose. If your group does not include at least children at heart, see Illuminations.

sabian

Just depends...One newbie might like Fantasmic better, the other might like Illuminations better. I think Illuminations would be a good start....But, so would Fantasmic. 6 in one, a half dozen in the other.......Flip a coin, or do like most husbands.......Say yes dear, and go to illuminations:ROFLOL:

lilclerk

Part of me wants to say it depends on how much they like Disney movies, but I'm a HUGE fan of Disney films, and I greatly prefer IllumiNations. I hate to say it, but Fantasmic sort of bored me =\ And I'm very much a kid at heart.
Though the problem may be that I don't like Mickey.
Please don't shun me from the forums :eek:

PLUS RoE's music is just so powerful. I even have it as my Myspace song, haha.

ThinkTink721

I'm taking 2 disney newbies with our family this year on our WDW Vacation.. we were going to do Fantasmic first night but my wife thinks that Illuminations is the more impressive night time show to show someone at Disney World.. and im sort of in agreement. I was curious to how many people here would choose Illuminations over Fantasmic as the more impressive nighttime show to show someone on thier first night at Disney World. :drevil:
I think Fantasmic is a better show because of the live characters.
Although, we will be attending Illuminations on our 1st night during our Sept. trip.
:wave:

doop

While I can appreciate Fantasmic and do enjoy it, I prefer Illuminations any day, I just find it more impressive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom