What year was Disney World at it's peak?

RiversideBunny

I'm going to say 2002 because the crowds were still low and a lot of good things were still in place.

That said, when was the last year that Mr. Toad's Wild Ride was still there?

:)

wdwwdeagle

this thread makes me so sad.
I went to WDW all through the 70s and 80s and then through the 00s. I didn't get to go in the 90s at all since I was busy with grad school and having babies and being very poor.

/slouches away to sulk/

Figments Friend

Different parks had different primes.

Magic Kingdom: 1992, after Splash opened, and before all the closures that have plagued the park took place.

Epcot: 1989, after Living Seas and Wonders of Life opened and all of the original 1982 attractions were still in place, and before the 1990s' various attempts to tweak Epcot's theme

Hollywood Studios: 1999, when the park was still a studio, and before the hat took over

Animal Kingdom: 2006, after Everest opened and was fully working

All just opinion, of course :D

Word up, brother.

MK was exciting in the late 80s/early 90s. I loved the new land additon 'Mickey's BirthdayLand' and the stage show that was included. Later this was changed to a Disney Afternoon themed production, which was a lot of fun and had some awesome character performers. Once 'Toontown Fair' set in..well...it lost a little of the appeal for me.

I agree, EPCOT in 89' was quite a power in its own right.

DAK in 06'/07' was awesome. It made me realize i actually like this Park a LOT...and i have never even taken a ride on Everest. It seems that just the entire vibe of the place was kicked up a few notches once Asia was expanded, the the Nemo Musical hit the stage.

DMGM/DHS...i think most of the 90s was a nice time to experience there. Animation production was in full swing, and after 'Mulan' a real sense of pride set in. A great shame that was cut short. The fact that no production of any kind happens there now hurts the Park a lot, in my opinion.

heartodisney

I'm trying to be optimistic.
picture.php
I dance to you on this one my friend! :rolleyes: :lol:

worldfanatic

I've been looking.
Searched high and low.
Scoured this site's every nook and cranny.
And finally, yes finally, I've found it.

And we're reading it right now:

THE ABSOLUTE DUMBEST THREAD EVER ON WDWMAGIC!

Victor

I'd have to disagree that 1994 was prime. That's really where the the very beginning of the decline started. If I had to pin it down, I'd say 1991. Studios, Pleasure Island, and Typhoon Lagoon had been open a couple years, Splash Mountain and SpectroMagic had just come along, the promise of the Disney Decade was just ahead, and this was plenty of time before there was even any idea of changing the name, values, and personality of EPCOT Center that began with the ruination of CommuniCore, Earth Station, and Future World Central in general.

I absolutely think '94 might be it's prime. In '91, Splash hadn't even opened yet, ToT wasn't yet at the Studios, and even though '94 was the beginning of the end of Epcot Center, it still had all the classic attractions in place. I'm just looking at it from the bigger picture. And while AK wasn't around, I also share the opinion of classic Epcot Center over AK anyday.

Roxas

I'm gonna go with right now. I honestly fail to see the decline you guys are always on about as far as I'm concerned they just get consistently better

BrerFrog

Different parks had different primes.

Magic Kingdom: 1992, after Splash opened, and before all the closures that have plagued the park took place.

Epcot: 1989, after Living Seas and Wonders of Life opened and all of the original 1982 attractions were still in place, and before the 1990s' various attempts to tweak Epcot's theme

Hollywood Studios: 1999, when the park was still a studio, and before the hat took over

Animal Kingdom: 2006, after Everest opened and was fully working

All just opinion, of course :D

I have only been to WDW once, but I think this is pretty accurate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom