What would YOU choose?

TxStateMouse

Original Poster
Hello again. In prepping for a September trip, I find myself torn between a few places in Epcot. I know one night for sure will be Le Cellier. :slurp: However, for another good TS meal we are torn between the Tutto Italia, Coral Reef, and Les Chefs de France. We don't prefer one cuisine over another, as we don't turn our nose up at much food. :slurp: I have never had French food at WDW, but I have heard great things about the restaurant. I was thinking Italian because that will be a nice change of food from much of the quick service and traditional TS food. What do you all think?

WDWmazprty

Hello again. In prepping for a September trip, I find myself torn between a few places in Epcot. I know one night for sure will be Le Cellier. :slurp: However, for another good TS meal we are torn between the Tutto Italia, Coral Reef, and Les Chefs de France. We don't prefer one cuisine over another, as we don't turn our nose up at much food. :slurp: I have never had French food at WDW, but I have heard great things about the restaurant. I was thinking Italian because that will be a nice change of food from much of the quick service and traditional TS food. What do you all think?

I can't speak for Le Chefs and Coral Reef because I've never been. But we went to Tutto Italia and I liked the experience. The food was good and the service was wonderful. But I'm sure whichever one you pick you'll enjoy, have fun!

yankspy

Les Chefs de France. I have eaten at the other places and I would have to say that France is the best out of the three. :slurp:

epcotWSC

I ate at Tutto Italia, did not like it. I've heard much better things about the French Restraurants. Go with one of those.

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
I've done all three. Chefs de France would be my choice out of the three, with Tutto Italia second and Coral Reef last. And if I had my way, I'd never do Coral Reef but my wife likes it so we "have" to go every few years.

You'll have a good meal at Chefs. No problem there. Good food, good service, nice atmosphere. All around excelent choice.

We ate at Tutto Italia on our last trip in October. The food was excelent. My appetizer (Affettati Misti) was fantastic. My problem with Tutto Italia isn't about the food, it's the resturant itself. You feel like an Italian Sardine in a can, all packed in there, if you know what I mean.

Coral Reef, well, lets just say I like the food at Red Lobster better than that place. The view is excelent though, but even that, for me, doesn't make up for the substandard food.

coltow

the food at Coral Reef is not very good...can't speak for the other two.
I 100% disagree. We loved the food here on trip last summer. We picked it for the atmosphere and totally didn't expect much. It was fantastic. No one in our group (14ppl) had a single complaint about their food and we had a wide range of dishes. Our only complaint was that the service was on the slow side.

Foolish Mortal

Have'nt been to Tutto yet so I obviously have no opinion. Coral Reef is o.k, nothing spectacular but i'd go again. If they still had the King Crab legs then i'd say go. Chefs de France I highly recommend. Never had a bad meal or experience their. It's a must do every trip. Give me some time and i'll put up some "food " pictures from Chefs.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest

Oh, don't go to Tutto!!! ICK!! We were just there over Thanksgiving and it is NOT worth it! Coral Reef is 2 TS I believe if you are on the DP. Can I make a recommendation? I think Rose and Crown is a good suggestion! :slurp: We are going to try and hit Les Chefs this year too! Haven't been since I took French in High School - and that was like 15 years ago! ha ha I still remember our waiter though...his name was Patrick and he was blond! That is all I remember!!!! :ROFLOL:

Foolish Mortal

Submitted for your possible dining approval, here's your Chefs de France "food ". Enjoy

Tartare de Saumon
img0263fo3.jpg

Tomato and goat cheese flatbread. And this is an appetizer
img0264pw7.jpg

Roast breast of Duck and leg confit
img0265gx2.jpg

Sauteed scallops and black tiger shrimp
img0266at9.jpg

Apple crepes with cinnamon and vanilla ice cream
img0270hr5.jpg

Creme brulee
img0271iz8.jpg

petersenjp

Coral Reef

We ate at Tutto about a year ago, not impressed at all. We had Coral Reef about two weeks ago. Either we were starving, or the food was pretty good, but we enjoyed it. I can't speak for the other.

TxStateMouse

Original Poster
Ok..."Chefs" it is then. Or we may just scratch all three and do a nice breakfast that day. :shrug: Thanks for the input, and boy am I glad we didn't do Tutto. Perhaps just a nice italian meal BEFORE we go to WDW will suffice. Have a nice day everyone!

shmmrname

Personally, I was somewhat disappointed w/Coral Reef. I built it up, especially w/the Boy Meets World being shot there and all, but the food just wasn't amazing... However we sat at the glass, which rocked, but there were tons of kids coming up to us all night that eventually got tiring...

fascion216

tutto italia is just "okay" i havent dined at coral reed yet but i was planning to on my next trip .. thanks to this thread, i dont think i will be eating there! id go with the french one .. i consistently hear great things!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom