What Would You Ban?

Matt_Black

That must be one hell of a drink.

All the research shows that children who are sheltered from alcohol are much more likely to binge drink later in life. So everything you're doing is counter productive.

Again, see my earlier point about Europe. Or just use common sense. If you tell children something is forbidden, or at least very very bad, then they're going to want to try it even more.

DisneyJunkie

Original Poster
1. Children under the age of 5.
- You just spent $85 on a children's ticket for your two-year-old. Do you HONESTLY believe they're going to remember it?
- You just spent $85 on a children's ticket for your three year old...and you're in the middle of Central Florida. Florida gets hot. Lines get long. Very young children get irritable.
- Just admit it, it's all about YOU posting cutesy pictures on your Facebook page. You're not coming to Disney for your KIDS....you're coming to Disney for your EGO! YOU ARE A HORRIBLE PERSON!

Couldn't agree more with that one. Too many of those parents try and pretend that they're doing something for their kids when it has nothing to do with them. The kids that are that young are just as thrilled and happy sitting home banging on pots and pans or making a couch fort in the living room as they are in WDW. They have no concept of where they are or why it's so great, and they will not remember that trip.

Dukeblue1227

You can call me names all you want but I am the one who has buried one of my best friends and her 5 year old and 3year old sons after they were killed by a driver who had only had two drinks. All it takes is one drink to affect your judgment and motor skills. And by they way I do drink but never in front of my child or any other child and never drive.

I am deeply sorry for your loss. I have also lost people in my life in different ways due to the affects of alcohol.

But that doesn't really have a bearing on whether or not people can enjoy an alcoholic beverage on vacation in a destination that provides all your transportation for you and has security at absolutely every turn. We live in an unfair and cruel world where the irresponsible and despicable actions of a few isn't meant to change what those of us who are responsible can do. If we wanted to protect the world from all the idiots out there we'd have to ban absolutely every single thing we have in this world...

I'm not trying to be insensitive but I've also known people affected by people injured while texting and driving... That doesn't mean we ban texting from every place on earth.

And there's really no use arguing semantics but I can tell you one alcoholic beverage does not alter your judgement, that's just what they tell you in DARE to scare you. As a 12 year veteran of the drinking game, I speak from experience.

(I hope that last bit came across in its intended tone which is to lighten the mood a bit... After all this is a Disney forum and this doesn't need to turn ugly)

DaisyDoesDisney

I'm even drinking it in one of these glasses. That's right... alcohol paraphernalia IN MY HOME. Yet Jesus still loves me and none of my crucifixes have caught fire.

sam-adams-glass.jpg
I have to put my foot down here. Your liberal views have crossed a line. Magic Hat #9 in a Sam Adams glass!!!! What's next?- cats and dogs living together?

Matt_Black

I too am sorry for your loss. But I feel you're using it to argue in bad faith. When we weren't going for the "But think of the children" rhetoric, you whipped out the loss of life card. Now, please don't think I'm trying to trivialize your loss here. But the fact is tragedies happen to many for many different reasons. Some people have died on the rides because they had undiagnosed medical conditions that reacted poorly to ride elements. Should we close all those rides?

DaisyDoesDisney

I'm going to try to avoid sounding insensitive to a personal tragedy.......but- there are a lot of bad drivers on the roads, a lot of dangerous drivers. I do not in any way support drunk driving. In fact we have a house rule that if you drink here, you sleep here (or get a cab, have a designated driver). I just think it might be worth pointing out that if someone is involved in an auto accident after only two drinks, it's highly probable that they're a bad driver, drinks aside. Cause and effect aren't always clear cut.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I have to put my foot down here. Your liberal views have crossed a line. Magic Hat #9 in a Sam Adams glass!!!! What's next?- cats and dogs living together?
I'm actually a proud member of the Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy. Or at least the Vast Libertarian Conspiracy. We have a secret plot to take over the world... and leave everyone alone.

#StandWithRand

Nick Wilde

EPCOT would be acceptable, given that there is a LOT of free space, and a lot of options. Propose in front of the Fountain of Nations? Cool. Propose in front of the American Adventure with SSE in the background? Go for it!

The issue that concerns me with Cinderella Castle is the traffic blockage on Main Street USA. People are either going into the hub and to a Land, or they are going to the Train Station and exit....stopping to block the flow of things right at the Main Street outlet is horribly self-centered and inconsiderate.
o-DISNEY-PHOTOBOMB-facebook.jpg

They got what they deserved.
intheway.jpg
intheway4.jpg
intheway3.jpg

GrammieBee

As prevously stated. alcohol vs. no alcohol is a debate you can't win. However, here are some facts about drinking and alcohol.

How fast alcohol is absorbed into the body and how much and how fast a person feels its effects depends on a number of variables.
1. Is there food in the stomach? Some food will slow down the absorption. Too much food and too much alcohol can make you sick. An empty stomach combined with alcohol can also make you sick.
2.How much is the person used to drinking? Alcohol is a drug which produces tolerance.. Meaning you gradually need more of the drug to get the same effect.
3.What is the person's mood? To some extent this will influence how they react to alcohol.at any given time.
4.How fast is the person's metabolism? Some people's bodies get rid of alcohol more efficiently than others
5.How much and how fast is the person drinking?. The fewest drinks in the longest period of time causes the least problems. It gives the person's metabolism time to neutralise the alcohol..
5.How much does the person weigh? All other things being equal, a 100lb. person will feel the effects of alcohol faster than a 300lb. person. In a 100lb. person not used to a lot of drinking, one drink CAN start to affect the cerebral cortex of the brain which controls thinking, reason and judgment.

A couple of other interesting items:.
Almost every culture,race, tribe,or whatever on the planet, no matter how primitive or civilized, will find a way to ferment something to turn it into an alcoholic beverage.
In Las Vegas it is illegal to have an open container of an alcoholic beverage on any of the streets. This includes a drink in hand while you walk around.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
In a 100lb. person not used to a lot of drinking, one drink CAN start to effect the cerebral cortex of the brain which controls thinking, reason and judgment.
:rolleyes:

You're embarrassing yourself. I'd be surprised if the percentage of WDW guests under 100 pounds is anything bigger than 1%. Further, the amount of effect to the cerebral cortex of a single drink, even on a person that size, is minuscule. That individual would be perfectly competent to drive, let alone stroll through Epcot. I'm shocked at how many people in this country reach full adulthood while still thinking like a grade school D.A.R.E. graduate.

ninjaprincesst

I am deeply sorry for your loss. I have also lost people in my life in different ways due to the affects of alcohol.

But that doesn't really have a bearing on whether or not people can enjoy an alcoholic beverage on vacation in a destination that provides all your transportation for you and has security at absolutely every turn. We live in an unfair and cruel world where the irresponsible and despicable actions of a few isn't meant to change what those of us who are responsible can do. If we wanted to protect the world from all the idiots out there we'd have to ban absolutely every single thing we have in this world...

I'm not trying to be insensitive but I've also known people affected by people injured while texting and driving... That doesn't mean we ban texting from every place on earth.

And there's really no use arguing semantics but I can tell you one alcoholic beverage does not alter your judgement, that's just what they tell you in DARE to scare you. As a 12 year veteran of the drinking game, I speak from experience.

(I hope that last bit came across in its intended tone which is to lighten the mood a bit... After all this is a Disney forum and this doesn't need to turn ugly)
I think it all depends on the person how they are affected, some people can have two and be impacted some can have six and be fine. All I am saying is be responsible around kids. I think the comment about banning the drunks not the drinks is the best thing, of course the mouse makes too much money to do either.lol Most people are responsible and at least at Disney most are getting on a bus or monorail and not driving so that is good.

GrammieBee

You're embarrassing yourself. I'd be surprised if the percentage of WDW guests under 100 pounds is anything bigger than 1%. Further, the amount of effect to the cerebral cortex of a single drink, even on a person that size, is minuscule. That individual would be perfectly competent to drive, let alone stroll through Epcot. I'm shocked at how many people in this country reach full adulthood while still thinking like a grade school D.A.R.E. graduate.

Captain America, why the personal attack? Get something straight. I am not against having an alcoholic beverage. You, however, are trying to embellish your argument over the least litle thing you find not to your liking
It was never said that the 100lb. person with one drink would be impared. What was said was if they weren't used to drinking, it can START to affect the cerebral cortex. Examples: they could be more relaxed or,perhaps more talkative.
Are you having a problem that the first part of the brain affected by alcohol is the cerebral cortex?

I will comment no further on the subject.

Last edited:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member

I will have you know sir, that my pinky toe starts feeling funny after one drink.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom