What Would You Ban?

mf1972

I don't know if it's been mentioned here yet, but I doubt we'll see a ban on alcohol for 1 reason. profit. how much $$ are they making yearly from alcohol sales?

graphite1326

I'd also ban groups stopping in the middle of busy walk-ways to look at their guidemaps or just to chit-chat........while blocking the way for everyone else and being a nuisance.

I may even have to ban parades as I find them completely pointless.......on the other hand, they do help with shorter ride lines during the time they're going on, hmm.....I may have to rethink that one.
I thought I was the only one who found parades pointless. you sit for an hour just to see people/entertainers go by and only get a little piece of their act.

MagicMike

Visors, socks with sandals, the adding of anything else from Jerry Bruckheimer movies, DinoLand U.S.A., Duffy, strollers, people who think it's funny to try and scare the other people in their party while waiting in line/during the preshow for ToT and/or The Haunted Mansion, flash photography on dark rides, Gary Sinise, and old people. I'm totally kidding about that last part. Gary Sinise can stay.

graphite1326

Ban anyone who is rude, ignorant, careless, destructive, clueless, cuts in or holds up the line, sometimes runs into others with their strollers, needs an ECV, doesn't look where they are going, stops dead in the middle of the walkway, drinks alcohol until they act stupid or mean, is a slob, has poor hygiene, thinks camera or flash photos inside a dark ride or of the fireworks will come out, tries to get in front of you or blocks your view, can't control or pay no attention to their children, talks too loud or too much on a ride, or, in general, is a pain in the butt..
Then the psrks could be enjoyed by the few practically perfect people.who would not have to put up with or make allowances for the idiots of the world.

Hey wait a minute. I never used flash photography during the fireworks.

mf1972

I would ban liquids. No liquids means fewer trips to the bathroom. Fewer trips to the bathroom means fewer bathrooms needed, which in turn leaves more room for E ticket attractions.

Princesses. Every girl wants to be a princess, and the presence of the Disney princesses at the parks just reminds girls that they are not (and likely never will be) princesses. The feelings of inadequacy and crushed dreams must be so disheartening.

Finally, I would ban all park rules, policies, fire codes, and common sense. It's common knowledge that Walt was a major anarchist, and this would be how he would've wanted the parks to be run.
banning liquids & fewer bathrooms only means we'll have to book fast passes 3 months in advance just to use a bathroom. :eek:

GrammieBee

Visors, socks with sandals, the adding of anything else from Jerry Bruckheimer movies, DinoLand U.S.A., Duffy, strollers, people who think it's funny to try and scare the other people in their party while waiting in line/during the preshow for ToT and/or The Haunted Mansion, flash photography on dark rides, Gary Sinise, and old people. I'm totally kidding about that last part. Gary Sinise can stay.

At what age is old? Does being a kid at heart count? As the T shirt says; "it's never too late to have a happy childhood.."

Nick Wilde

You have heard of Club 33 in Disneyland that has served alcohol since day 1, right? And yes, it was Walt's idea to serve alcohol. He didn't want it served at every little stand park-wide, but he was just fine with some consumption in his park.

I totally agree that anyone that looks like a falling down drunk needs to be removed from the park immediately by security. Though in all honesty, in 16 trips over the last 6 years, and going to F&W almost every year, we still have not seen ONE single person that was falling down drunk. I just don't think it is as pervasive as some make it out to be, but I will admit that it has to happen from time to time.
Yes, I have. That was the only place and it wasn't exactly easy to get into. He almost made a park in St. Louis and the main reason why it didn't happen? Beer. He didn't want alcohol served in the parks, as he respected the fact that many did not want it there.

Nick Wilde

I don't know if it's been mentioned here yet, but I doubt we'll see a ban on alcohol for 1 reason. profit. how much $$ are they making yearly from alcohol sales?
Probably tons of money. I doubt the banning of it will ever happen, and never said that it might. This was a thread for opinions, and I posted an opinion.

HolleBolleGijs

I think this speaks for itself...
Capture.JPG

blueboxdoctor

Not exactly get rid of, but if parents could not use strollers as battering rams into crowds of people, that would be great. Obviously strollers are needed, but at least be consciousnesses of the fact that you're not the only one in the park, and maybe you can't ram through people to get to the front of a show or something similar. Or really, at least apologize if it happens, so many people just go full speed ahead. But I suppose there are just rude people everywhere, so no stopping that.

Note, I do realize there are many people who are respectful of others, so by no means am I grouping everyone with a stroller into this category of rude people.

Mamaof2QTs

I'm tired of stopping to let people take pictures on a narrow walkway or on a wide walkway, but they are trying to use the whole walkway for their photo. It's essentially the same problem with a selfie stick.

Obviously you can't ban cameras, but perhaps create designated photo spots; officially rope it off. thereby letting the rest of us not feel obligated to stop and wait every ten steps as we walk around the castle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom