What would be your next Disney resort idea?????

WDWmazprty

With the addition of Bay Lake Tower, Tree House Villas, and the renovation of The Contemporary, I was wondering what other ideas you all have as far as the next themed Disney resort should be. What would you design and in what park would it be nearest too????

pacochran

I think a European Themed Resort might be nice. I believe that they actually had one planned for Seven Seas Lagoon that was supposed to be Venetian Themed, but they never built it. That might be to close to the Portafino Bay at Univerisal. I think though a European theme might be nice and different.

Possibly an Asian theme near Animal Kingdom would be neat, but that might be to close to the Poly.

Upvote 0

gojoe

Castaway Cay

How about Castaway Cay with a pirate theme? They have a landing strip. Just dreaming about a warm beach right now. It' s 21 degrees with a NW wind. 94 days till I go home to Boardwalk.

Upvote 0

snakeislandboy

How about a Haunted Mansion. They could locate it near Port Orleans. It doesn't have to be all creepy and dark. It could be elegant and antique looking like the Haunted Mansion, but with some mystery and intrigue. Think of the thematic possibilities! Hidden passages and such. Maybe somewhere between a Deluxe and Moderate.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Over by DHS I would do a Old Hollywood type of hotel - similar to the ride. Make a themed restaurant inside - Murder Mystery style. Think Shing - Twilight Zone - old hotel from the 20's.

Upvote 0

TakeMeThere81

Down by Blizzard Beach they could do a resort that was very Aspen/Park City-themed. Have you all ever been to those places? Coolest architecture and elegant cabins. It would be similar in a way to Wilderness Lodge, but only with ski-resort stuff all over the place, keeping with the Blizzard Beach theme. It's fun for hot Florida...and they could design it to have a great view of Everest from most rooms.

Upvote 0

Uncle Lupe

The lost resort of ATLANTIS, after check in you would have to take a hydrolator to your room where the windows would show projections of underwater scenes. This resort would have to be heavily themed to pull of the illusion.

Upvote 0

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
The lost resort of ATLANTIS, after check in you would have to take a hydrolator to your room where the windows would show projections of underwater scenes. This resort would have to be heavily themed to pull of the illusion.

Sounds nice, this could possibly be put close to Epcot in the Living Seas.

Upvote 0

rsoxguy

How about a Haunted Mansion. They could locate it near Port Orleans. It doesn't have to be all creepy and dark. It could be elegant and antique looking like the Haunted Mansion, but with some mystery and intrigue. Think of the thematic possibilities! Hidden passages and such. Maybe somewhere between a Deluxe and Moderate.
oohh yyeeaahh.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

I always wished the Values weren't so cartoony and comic book like. You can theme a Value to a "place" and just not give it all the extra style and convenience a Moderate or Deluxe carries.

I'd like to see a Value themed to the Wild West (similar to Frontierland and similar to a Resort at D-Land Paris) and located up by Fort Wilderness. Who says Values all must be down by AK??!

I think a European styled Moderate would be neat. Similar set ups like we have. Large lake in the middle and each section would be themed to an old world country---Germany, France, Spain, and Italy perhaps.

A neat deluxe would be an old World Hollywood style hotel. Not creepy like Tower of Terror, just very early Hollywood and very stylish.

Just ideas I thought of now b/c I liked the original topic, haha.

Upvote 0

shmmrname

Suite Life of Zach and Cody maybe?

Nah, I think Disney's foray into their 'adventures' tours/etc will help greatly in creating a new resort idea.

Upvote 0

princessmelinda

I would love to stay at a hotel that was futuristic (tomorrowland-ish). Everything would be silver and the elevators would be like see through. All the cast members would use segways. High tech tv's and computers would be in the rooms. I think that would be exciting.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom