What will Disney announce for Disney World at the 2022 D23 expo?

RSoxNo1

It definitely could be.

Cosmic Rewind is Exhibit A for this, though, at least IMO. Even for people that love it, there's nothing about that ride that should come even close to half a billion dollars. That's an insane price for a roller coaster with projections, even considering the preshow and "galaxarium" in the queue.
It really has be wondering what else was included in this. They moved retention ponds, I'm sure that was included. Also go away blue paint is $2.1 million per gallon.

No Name

I agree with you but...... Rise still feels emotionless and like it's missing something. It never leaves me saying wow. Considering it has so many things going for it, from it's scope and scale to it's long length, I can't say that I'm ever too fussed about reridding it. What is it missing?
It’s missing tension… it’s often a calm ride through quiet hallways, and even when you’re being shot at, the vehicle doesn’t really react. And of course the climax with Kylo falls flat. Something with the energy of Dinosaur and the budget of Rise of the Resistance would be unreal.

Ripsaw is a bad ride. Popeye is a good ride.
Boo.

pdude81

I thought this would be fun. Reply with your announcement predictions, one for each category:

Realistic announcement:

Would Be Great announcement:

DREAM announcement:

Here's mine -

Realistic announcement: Something announced in Dead-Dinoland area. Probably just a tease.

Would Be Great announcement: The Main Street Theater is re-announced.

DREAM announcement: Mr Toads Wild Ride reimagined is announced as the headliner attraction in a new Frontierland expansion.
Realistic announcement: Poppins expansion and Quinjet back in the docket.

Would Be Great announcement: WDW Space Mountain retracked with new soundtrack. PeopleMover returns to DL.

DREAM announcement: Journey Into Imagination major refurb including Dreamfinder and the full Imageworks upstairs in the glass pyramid. DVC lounge moves to Canada in protest.

Joking... DVC lounge moves to Odyssey or McDonalds lounge.

Sir_Cliff

Again, that’s a different issue. People write lists of the worst sports cars because being a sports car and being a good car are somewhat distinct things. Everyone keeps trying to bend the ticket system to their personal preferences and/or popularity but the truth is that you can have a lousy, unpopular E Ticket.
kh487691.jpeg

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
I thought this would be fun. Reply with your announcement predictions, one for each category:

Realistic announcement:

DREAM announcement:

Here's mine -

Realistic announcement: Something announced in Dead-Dinoland area. Probably just a tease.

Would Be Great announcement: The Main Street Theater is re-announced.

DREAM announcement: Mr Toads Wild Ride reimagined is announced as the headliner attraction in a new Frontierland expansion.

Realistic announcement: Dinoland expanding; Seasonal dates for current projects (Tron & Epcot area's) to open; more info on DVC hotel projects.

Would Be Great announcements: Poppins, Spaceship Earth & Magic Kingdom Theater (maybe in a different location in MK) projects back on + refurb for Journey w/ Figment and Dreamfinder.

DREAM announcement: Magic Kingdom new land; Skyliner expanding; Magic Express coming back; Future plans on things to come with DHS.

Dranth

Realistic announcement:

DREAM announcement:
I know you said one for each but I just can't help myself sometimes.

Realistic: Dino replacement and a bunch of opening dates on unfinished projects, return of Fantasmic, etc.

Would be Great:
- MK: Bring back the MS theater.
- AK: New Avatar area ride in addition to Dino replacement.
- DHS: Planned reworking of animation courtyard.
- Epcot: Bring back the rumored Imagination redo.

Dream: They announce a new program where management has to actually experience the things they want to change as a normal day guest before making any decisions.

Also, the most important category...

Announced Just for me Cause I am by Far Their Favorite Guest Ever:
Alien Encounter will be brought back and updated to the original idea using the Alien Franchise.

G00fyDad

Realistic announcement: Nothing much more than what has already been announced. Probably a huge hype for Tron.

Would Be Great announcement: Complete restoration and updating of all major attractions (like fixing the Yeti).

DREAM announcement: Getting rid of Genie+ and bringing back FP+ with a paid feature.

Never going to happen but I wish announcement: Firing of Bob Chapek.

TTA94

Realistic announcement: Tron update/opening date, WDW Railroad opening date, Enchantment replacement for 2022, Fantasmic update/opening date.

Would Be Great announcement: MK theater re announcement, Spaceship Earth overhaul re announcement, Poppins re announcement, Harmonious changes, DHS Star Wars nighttime show replacement, DAK Rivers of Light replacement.

DREAM announcement: Nighttime Parade, New MK daytime parade, MK expansion, Harmonious replacement, New DAK attractions or expansion.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Realistic announcement: Tron update/opening date, WDW Railroad opening date, Enchantment replacement for 2022, Fantasmic update/opening date.

Would Be Great announcement: MK theater re announcement, Spaceship Earth overhaul re announcement, Poppins re announcement, Harmonious changes, DHS Star Wars nighttime show replacement, DAK Rivers of Light replacement.

DREAM announcement: Nighttime Parade, New MK daytime parade, MK expansion, Harmonious replacement, New DAK attractions or expansion.
Some of those across all categories are coming, regardless of if it happens at D23.

Last edited:

Andrew25

Let's take a realistic approach:

If I were Disney, I would start off with a video tribute to Cast Members or a charity to prevent whoever is first presenting from being booed. They will probably start off about how the parks were a light at the end of the tunnel during the pandemic, and spew some corporate magic words.

They will then reignite focus on Tron, Runaway, and the Epcot projects (with Play! Pavilion probably reimagined) along with the SSE refurb.

Probably give details on their new DCL ships and maybe some DVC information for Disneyland Hotel and Polynesian expansion.

I think they will announce (again) the Disneyland Forward project with a much more realistic vision with a focus on Tomorrowland renovations, expansion of DCA, Pixar hotel, and "something" in Hollywoodland for DCA. (All of it being very, very, vague concepts).

For WDW, I expect something for Dinoland and if we're lucky, new nighttime show. (Would be surprised if DAK doesn't get anything in the next 5 years). NBA Experience replacement possibly

DHS will probably be "forgotten" outside of details regarding Fantasmic. Maybe a 100 Years of Disney nighttime projection show? Seems like Disney will wait on the new Indiana Jones movie before committing to a new attraction)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom