What will Disney announce for Disney World at the 2022 D23 expo?

MagicHappens1971

What are the legitimate odds of seeing an Encanto-inspired attraction announced at D23? Remember, Frozen was announced the September after it's November release in 2013, and Encanto very well could be announced at the D23 Expo in the September after it's November release in 2021.
I have no insider information but I would not be surprised if an Encanto casita, Mystic Manor type attraction announced at D23. It could honestly fit somewhere in any of the four parks. (I know not everyone would agree with me on that, but)

DC0703

Sadly, my bet is that little to no new info is presented at D23. It will end up being updates on Tron, Play Pavilion, Epcot Spine Project, Toy Story Restaurant, basically all the stuff we already know about.

I fear we've entered another phase like the mid 2000s, where all new projects will dry up for a while while they recoup from the pandemic.

No Name

I have no insider information but I would not be surprised if an Encanto casita, Mystic Manor type attraction announced at D23. It could honestly fit somewhere in any of the four parks. (I know not everyone would agree with me on that, but)
Bold of you to anticipate a new major ride announcement.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Sadly, my bet is that little to no new info is presented at D23. It will end up being updates on Tron, Play Pavilion, Epcot Spine Project, Toy Story Restaurant, basically all the stuff we already know about.

I fear we've entered another phase like the mid 2000s, where all new projects will dry up for a while while they recoup from the pandemic.
My thoughts as well. Sadly

pdude81

Casita replaces Haunted Mansion at WDW. You heard it here last.

DisneyHead123

My guess is that they will go the whole nine yards with Encanto and add South America to the World Showcase in some way - but that this will be a few years from now, due to Covid losses.

James Alucobond

My guess is that they will go the whole nine yards with Encanto and add South America to the World Showcase in some way - but that this will be a few years from now, due to Covid losses.
As far as World Showcase inclusion goes, I would actually prefer Colombia to Brazil in some ways. They're a pretty decent nexus for a lot of the geographic features that define the continent since they have 10% of the Amazon rainforest, a nice chunk of the Andes, and beaches on both the Atlantic and Pacific sides of Panama.

G00fyDad

It actually is. I'm not a huge fan of the movie but it's very popular and is doing very well merchandise and Disney+ wise. Bob Chapek himself has been claiming it to be a "new franchise". I guarntee we will see Encanto in the disney parks.
Okay. I can maybe see a meet and greet or an overlay to some small ride or attraction. But definitely not a fifth gate built around it. Encanto was a really cool movie but it wasn't Frozen and look what they did with that. ONE ride overlay and a little sprucing up of the pavilion.

DisneyHead123

I believe it will be a Colombia pavilion with an Encanto ride at EPCOT. The movie is a huge hit and it would make sense for Disney to fast track a ride. Plus it could be built at Disney California Adventure. It could replace the monsters inc ride.
Agree. Especially considering:

1. Giving shifting demographics in the US, Disney will want more of a Hispanic culture presence in the parks. I think that’s a given and the strongest argument for a South American country being added in the next few years.

2. I think Chapek wants a successful movie franchise that is associated with him, specifically, so he is probably willing to throw more weight behind an Encanto presence despite his reputation as a penny pincher. I think he wants to show a Big New Disney Franchise was possible with him at the helm so Encanto is kinda his favored child.

3. This point is the most speculative, but their movies seem like a “More content for World Showcase!” push recently. Raya, Luca, Encanto, Going Red… part of that is probably an attempt to be multicultural but I feel like they’re building up a stockpile of IP for that part of Epcot. I’m not up on the geography of the parks like some here are but I believe there is a lot of unused space in Epcot. If they want to increase capacity without a fifth key this might be a way to go.

GimpYancIent

Agree. Especially considering:

1. Giving shifting demographics in the US, Disney will want more of a Hispanic culture presence in the parks. I think that’s a given and the strongest argument for a South American country being added in the next few years.

2. I think Chapek wants a successful movie franchise that is associated with him, specifically, so he is probably willing to throw more weight behind an Encanto presence despite his reputation as a penny pincher. I think he wants to show a Big New Disney Franchise was possible with him at the helm so Encanto is kinda his favored child.

3. This point is the most speculative, but their movies seem like a “More content for World Showcase!” push recently. Raya, Luca, Encanto, Going Red… part of that is probably an attempt to be multicultural but I feel like they’re building up a stockpile of IP for that part of Epcot. I’m not up on the geography of the parks like some here are but I believe there is a lot of unused space in Epcot. If they want to increase capacity without a fifth key this might be a way to go.
I can see Encanto as an experience at EPCOT, but, how about first cleaning up the eye sore construction zone that is smack dap in the center of the place first before putting up more construction walls.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom