What will Disney announce for Disney World at the 2022 D23 expo?

Rickcat96

There will be GRAND stories told on basically nothing. Disney is hurting for $$ (Cash baby) if it was bad enough of a labor shortage, inflation- now the Russian invasion. Energy costs will sky rocket (when they do-tourism plunges)

Why else would Disney not start paying dividends after such a record setting last quarter.

VJ

[Josh D'Amaro walks on stage]

We know you've been waiting...

And we are excited to announce that...

The Yeti will be restored to its former glory with the full power of modern Audio Animatronics technology.

[crowd cheers]

And you'll be able to see it exclusively with the Disney Wild and Wooly pass. For the low, low price of $600 per person (excluding tax and admission), you will be granted one (1) ride on Expedition Everest to see the ferocious Yeti in full A-mode for the first time since 2006. Sadly, due to supply chain issues, the Yeti will be in B-mode for everyone who does not have the Wild and Wooly pass. But rest assured, this price will ensure that you have an exclusive experience that'll make you the envy of every social media platform you're a part of. For the first time ever on Expedition Everest.... total immersion.

[crowd throws money at D'Amaro as he parades around the stage]

THE YETI IS BACK! FANTASMIC IS BACK! THE ELECTRICAL PARADE IS BACK! UPCHARGES ARE BACK! WOOOOOOOOOOO!

Squishy

[Josh D'Amaro walks on stage]

We know you've been waiting...

And we are excited to announce that...

The Yeti will be restored to its former glory with the full power of modern Audio Animatronics technology.

[crowd cheers]

And you'll be able to see it exclusively with the Disney Wild and Wooly pass. For the low, low price of $600 per person (excluding tax and admission), you will be granted one (1) ride on Expedition Everest to see the ferocious Yeti in full A-mode for the first time since 2006. Sadly, due to supply chain issues, the Yeti will be in B-mode for everyone who does not have the Wild and Wooly pass. But rest assured, this price will ensure that you have an exclusive experience that'll make you the envy of every social media platform you're a part of. For the first time ever on Expedition Everest.... total immersion.

[crowd throws money at D'Amaro as he parades around the stage]

THE YETI IS BACK! FANTASMIC IS BACK! THE ELECTRICAL PARADE IS BACK! UPCHARGES ARE BACK! WOOOOOOOOOOO!
Cue Bob Chapek collecting the thrown money

RSoxNo1

Well the 2019 D23 Expo featured the Target dog, so I imagine a walk on appearance by Jake from Start Farm...

RSoxNo1

In all seriousness, the question of what will they announce vs. what they need to announce are probably two very different answers:

MK: They can probably get away without anything here / an update on TRON
EPCOT: Imagination, SSE and Seas Updates absolutely need to be announced. Details on Play! Pavilion and Journey of Water need to happen. Ideally a major addition to World Showcase as well.
DHS: I'd like to see some updated / replacement shows. They can probably get away without anything here for a few years. Ultimately an update / leveling of the Animation Courtyard area is in order.
DAK: At the absolutely minimum, there needs to be a family friendly (no height requirement) attraction on the right side of the park. They probably need two+ on that side of the park.

Last edited:

JustInTime

This is aside from previously announced projects and what I feel like is realistic:

Mk:
Stitch Replacement

Epcot:
SSE
Imagination update

DHS:
Little Mermaid Replacement

AK:
Replacement for Chester & Hester area

Longshots:

New MK nighttime parade and fireworks, update to the seas at Epcot, Star Tours retheme at DHS, Pandora expansion at AK

Midwest Elitist

According to Inside the Magic, there is a permit for Space Mountain. This could possibly be the big refurb to finally replace the track. If this is the case, then it's probably the only thing happening at MK, unless they build another ride at the same time.

G00fyDad

According to Inside the Magic, there is a permit for Space Mountain. This could possibly be the big refurb to finally replace the track. If this is the case, then it's probably the only thing happening at MK, unless they build another ride at the same time.
Based on their progress with Tron if they're going to start building another ride they better start now. It might be done before 2050.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Consider the source of that “news”. I have a feeling that @danlb_2000 would have sniffed out a permit like that long before ITM would have. Which he did. And since he didn’t post about it (maybe I missed it?), I doubt there’s any smoke there.

Parker41056

Still wondering what Disney's answer is going to be for Epic Universe.
Disney's Florida Sea with differences with ports:

Port 1- Villain's Island: Maleficent Dragons Themed launched coaster, other villain flat rides and then a stage show.
Port 2 - Pirate's Island: Shanghai Pirates attraction with tall ship battle show
Port 3 - Mysterious Island: Clone of Tokyo with Journey attraction
Port 4 - Glacier Bay Port: Island at Top of World, Glacier Peak Coaster
Port 5 - Lost River: Indy E ticket Mine cart Attraction, ropes Course
Port 6 - New York water Front - Pixar attraction
Port 7 - Mediterranean Harbor
Port 8 - Fantasy Springs from Tokyo
Port 9 - Expansion Port/Marvel HQ Island - Get rights from Universal then build large inclusive land with Avengers E-ticket, 2 secondary attractions, meet and greet, Marvel Training Academy.
Port 10 - Expansion Port Future Star wars water themed land

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Consider the source of that “news”. I have a feeling that @danlb_2000 would have sniffed out a permit like that long before ITM would have. Which he did. And since he didn’t post about it (maybe I missed it?), I doubt there’s any smoke there.

I found the article they posted about that. The contractor is Buena Vista Construction, Disney's internal construction company. They would not be the main contractor on a project that size. There is zero reason to believe this has anything to do with a major re-furb.

And can I take this opportunity to say how much I hate Inside the Magic. I used to like the site and the podcast, but since the site changed hands it has become one of the worst offenders of click-bait Disney headlines, even worse then the site which cannot be named.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I found the article they posted about that. The contractor is Buena Vista Construction, Disney's internal construction company. They would not be the main contractor on a project that size. There is zero reason to believe this has anything to do with a major re-furb.

And can I take this opportunity to say how much I hate Inside the Magic. I used to like the site and the podcast, but since the site changed hands it has become one of the worst offenders of click-bait Disney headlines, even worse then the site which cannot be named.

I think those two sites are in a race to the bottom. IMHO. Neither seems interested these days in presenting anything that could be considered accurate or even worthwhile information.

RSoxNo1

Inside the Magic is a clickbait site. I would trust nearly any other Disney site out there well before I trust their speculation.

They are substantially worse than Corless' site and it's not even remotely close.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I'm keeping things vague to protect my sources, but these are my guesses of what we'll see announced, by Bob Chapek himself no less, at this year's D23 Expo:

MK:
Main Street Theater resurrection
New Space Mountain track
Tomorrowland retheme, including:
Stitch replacement
Tron Raceway overlay
Tron opening date
New nighttime parade, featuring your favorite Pixar and Encanto characters
Encanto M&G
New Encanto dark ride replacing Mermaid
Splash Mountain closing date
PatF opening date
Hall of Presidents closing date
Liberty Square Theater replacing HoP, featuring Encanto-based Broadway-quality show showcasing immersive storytelling based on Disney technology

Epcot:
SSE retheme featuring Encanto storytelling immersion
Play! pavilion opening date
Moana opening date
Seas refurb
Imagination refurb
Mary Poppins ride resurrection
New Columbia pavilion featuring an Encanto ride
Mt. Fuji ride in Japan
Reine River attraction at Germany
Mexico retheme with Coco overlay

DHS:
Star Tours retheme
New Indy ride replacing stunt show
New daytime parade, featuring your favorite Disney Junior characters, plus Encanto
RnRC retheme into immersive Encanto-based experience (featuring Olivia Rodrigo)
New connecting path and land between Sunset Blvd and Toy Story Land
New Encanto storytelling show replacing Frozen show

DAK:
Zootopia land
Dinoland retheme
New Nemo show
Daytime parade, featuring Mickey, Minnie, and Encanto
Yeti replaced
Kali expanded by 200%
ITTBAB replaced by Encanto 3-D movie

Upcharges:
Premium Kilimanjaro Safari Immersive Experience (animal experiences not guaranteed)
Characters+, featuring ILL purchases for the most popular Disney, Pixar, and Star Wars characters
Genie++, featuring back-door ride entrance - No more mingling with the poors in line!
Food Plan+: Special dining areas featuring unlimited beverages and buffet-style offerings (Upcharge for protein and certain dishes)
Enhanced ticket pricing that will prioritize guest satisfaction by guaranteeing 7 experiences per day (Additional experiences and daytime activations extra)

There could be some unexpected surprises announced, like the expansion of the Skyliner to all theme parks and resorts, plus Disney Springs, and a never-before-seen transportation option between AKL and DAK. But I'm sure Bob is saving a few more things as double-secret surprises at D23.

And, all of these could be completed by the time Epic Universe opens! Disney has been deliberately slow-walking things lately, and have a record number of construction crews ready to work, along with building materials that have been ordered, delivered, and are currently stockpiled in secret warehouses in and around the Orlando area. Bob wants to be seen as the second coming of Walt Disney when it comes to surprises in Orlando, and is sparing no expense to make that happen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom