What will Disney announce for Disney World at the 2022 D23 expo?

imagineer97

In the Parks
No
2023 is Animal Kingdom's 25 anniversary. I think it's a pretty solid bet that they would at least in SOME way mention SOMETHING for the park's 25th at the D23 the fall before. Realistically? Maybe they announce some new projection show on the Tree of Life. If we're really lucky, they announce a new nighttime show for the RoL stadium but the only way that realistically happens for 2023 is I'd they reuse the RoL tech. A Bugs Life replacement could happen with minimal downtime to be ready for 2023 , but I have my doubts on that. Hopefully they at least announce a return to later hours. Announcing a big new addition would be icing on the cake, but I feel what we should expect is an announcement on what's happening for the 25th (which given that nothing has started, likely isn't much).
@marni1971 Excavator coaster??? ;)

Moth

I overheard that Pandora has an expansion plot with a new ride being planned to coincide with Avatar 2. Could that be something announced?

SpectroBro

In the Parks
Yes
2023 is Animal Kingdom's 25 anniversary. I think it's a pretty solid bet that they would at least in SOME way mention SOMETHING for the park's 25th at the D23 the fall before. Realistically? Maybe they announce some new projection show on the Tree of Life. If we're really lucky, they announce a new nighttime show for the RoL stadium but the only way that realistically happens for 2023 is I'd they reuse the RoL tech. A Bugs Life replacement could happen with minimal downtime to be ready for 2023 , but I have my doubts on that. Hopefully they at least announce a return to later hours. Announcing a big new addition would be icing on the cake, but I feel what we should expect is an announcement on what's happening for the 25th (which given that nothing has started, likely isn't much).
The RoL barges/sets were all crushed and thrown out. All that exists are the projection fountains and lighting.

Giss Neric

Yes to:
Disneyland Forward
Avengers E-Ticket
Encanto land
Beauty and the Beast dark ride from Tokyo in Magic Kingdom
A new country in World Showcase
Mary Poppins (WS needs more attractions)
Spaceship Earth update.

No to:
Zootopia clone from Shanghai
Pandora expansion
Galaxy's Edge expansion

Last edited:

Moth

If anything is announced for Animal Kingdom I am betting on one thing: not Ice Age. The last movie was a flop, probably big enough for disney to take many notes.
Theatrical or the Disney+ spin-off made on a budget of two twigs, pocket sand and Jerry's dinner from last night?
Scrat Tales seems nicely received anyway. Not like they can shove anything else into Dinoland outside of an awfully hamfisted Indiana Jones thing. I'd rather see Dinosaurs stay in AK rather than a complete removal.

My list is currently

Yes to:
An all new Encanto ride or experience in Hollywood Studios or a new pavilion in Epcot.
Disneyland Avengers E-Ticket
All new Strange ride for WDW in Studios
Poppins and SE refurbishment back on table.
Imagination re-do
Pandora expansion (with a water ride to go with Avatar 2's water theme)
The rumored SW speeder Coaster
More rides for both AK and Studios

This will never happen but...
A new slate of rides for Magic Kingdom (with the newer technology seen on the more recent rides, akin to Flight of Passage and Rise to give MK more rides aimed for an older crowd) along with refurbishment of several attractions to bring their AAs up to par with other, more recent ones. MK is desperately begging for some more recent additions that aren't a junior coaster with swinging vehicles.

Indy_UK

My wish list:

Details for Play Pavilion
Re-imagining of the Imagination Pavilion
3rd Ride for Pandora
3rd Ride for Galaxy's Edge
Re-imagining of Animation Courtyard

Next Cruise Ship re-announced
Lighthouse Point shown off

doctornick

We’ve seen rumors that DAK would be next to get something at WDW and that there was talk of a third attraction for Pandora so I would be hopeful that that could happen. It would be nice if there’s an addition in that section of the park and also something to replace Primeval Whirl and a new show instead of RoL.

Giss Neric

Also in terms of D23 I’ve got to think that they will announce a proper sit down restaurant in Galaxy’s Edge on both coasts. Seems like an easy and logical expansion with the space already set up and would be a revenue generator.
I mean they just have to replicate the one in Galactic Starcruiser which was the original plan for Galaxy's Edge anyways.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom