What will Disney announce for Disney World at the 2022 D23 expo?

No Name

Aren’t you kinda defending it? They’ve shown a penchant for “announcing big” for publicity and delivering small for cuts, have they not? Thanks, Bobs

Well…it SELLS because of this….the term “works” is still highly debatable
No, I’m not defending it. It’s not an opinion that there’s two rides.

RSoxNo1

I can understand an argument for Velocicoaster, which I didn't particularly like. But what is the other one you're thinking? Hulk?
For me personally, I'd put Spider-Man and Forbidden Journey ahead of it. That being said, that's personal preference. I haven't experience Velocicoaster yet so I can't properly comment on that.

The problem with these types of rankings (and I'm guilty of it myself by inviting this conversation) is that all of these attractions are excellent. When you get to this level of quality it really comes down to personal preference. For me personally, I would put the 3 rides I mentioned in the same "tier" as several of Disney's top rides as well.

I would absolutely not put Hulk ahead of it, I'm in the camp that a lightly themed coaster like that doesn't belong in a park like IoA, even taking the unthemed coaster component out of it, I'd argue that Kraken is a better coaster than Hulk.

SplashJacket

For me personally, I'd put Spider-Man and Forbidden Journey ahead of it. That being said, that's personal preference. I haven't experience Velocicoaster yet so I can't properly comment on that.

The problem with these types of rankings (and I'm guilty of it myself by inviting this conversation) is that all of these attractions are excellent. When you get to this level of quality it really comes down to personal preference. For me personally, I would put the 3 rides I mentioned in the same "tier" as several of Disney's top rides as well.

I would absolutely not put Hulk ahead of it, I'm in the camp that a lightly themed coaster like that doesn't belong in a park like IoA, even taking the unthemed coaster component out of it, I'd argue that Kraken is a better coaster than Hulk.
Spider-Man and Forbidden Journey are truly world-class dark rides.

Velocicoaster and Hagrids are world-class coasters.

100% agree that Hulk isn't in the same stratosphere as either.

Having been to all the Disney parks around the world, I'd easily put Hagrids as the best-themed coaster in the world and Velocicoaster as the best coaster in the world.

Velocicoaster would be one of the best coasters if it was in Six Flags Over Georgia's parking lot, but it also has extensive theming elements, and the Jurrasic World element is enjoyably tongue-in-cheek.

Hagrid's overall theme and execution are done so well, and the coaster itself is exceptional, so it's incredible. But to have a stand-alone coaster as good as Velocicoaster with theming elements cannot be underappreciated. The coaster is just fantastic.

If you're looking for a fantastic coaster with great theming, Velocicoaster is divine.

If you're looking for a great coaster with fantastic theming, Hagrid is your guy.

To have them be literally side by side is nothing short of fantastic. Taking theme-park novices to IoA surfaces elation, amazement, and wonder that I've only seen from people getting off Rise, FoP, and Everest. It's my go-to park when I go to Orlando with family or friends -- it just doesn't disappoint.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Why do we complain about IP integration and then most suggestions are IP centered? Or is it just accepting IP creep and trying to decide what doesn't fit the least?

rreading

Spider-Man and Forbidden Journey are truly world-class dark rides.

Velocicoaster and Hagrids are world-class coasters.

100% agree that Hulk isn't in the same stratosphere as either.

Having been to all the Disney parks around the world, I'd easily put Hagrids as the best-themed coaster in the world and Velocicoaster as the best coaster in the world.

Velocicoaster would be one of the best coasters if it was in Six Flags Over Georgia's parking lot, but it also has extensive theming elements, and the Jurrasic World element is enjoyably tongue-in-cheek.

Hagrid's overall theme and execution are done so well, and the coaster itself is exceptional, so it's incredible. But to have a stand-alone coaster as good as Velocicoaster with theming elements cannot be underappreciated. The coaster is just fantastic.

If you're looking for a fantastic coaster with great theming, Velocicoaster is divine.

If you're looking for a great coaster with fantastic theming, Hagrid is your guy.

To have them be literally side by side is nothing short of fantastic. Taking theme-park novices to IoA surfaces elation, amazement, and wonder that I've only seen from people getting off Rise, FoP, and Everest. It's my go-to park when I go to Orlando with family or friends -- it just doesn't disappoint.
Hagrid’s would be perfect if you could ride the motorbike each time - the sidecar is seriously less compelling (at least to me). Velocicoaster is great.

But though we had the Express Pass and could ride Spider-Man as often as we could want, we only did it once, which was more than enough. I rode FJ twice to see if I would enjoy it more the second time. I suppose I did but my wife and son didn’t want to ride it again and my daughter (the HP fan) went on it again just because I did.

Clearly YMMV

My Guess:

Magic Kingdom:
Tron: Opening Date Announced: March 23rd 2023
Wreck it Ralph replacement for Stitch
Splash Mountain Closing/Construction Date
Replacement of Enchantment to new 100th Anniversary Fireworks
New Nighttime Parade
Long Shots:
Restart the Main Street Theater Attraction

Hollywood Studios:
New Theater Show to Replace Little Mermaid
Long Shots:
Retheme Rockin Rollercoaster

Epcot:
Moana Journey of Water Opening Date: March 23 2023
Play Pavilion Opening Date: 2023
Long Shots:
Restart Spaceship Earth Refurbishment
Restart Mary Poppins UK Expansion

Animal Kingdom:
Retheme of Dinoland
New Eticket Attraction replacement Dinoland
Longshots:
Zootopia Expansion
I couldn't think of what would fit best in AK if they do announce a new ride. But given disney's penchant lately for copying ride systems, which is cheaper than creating something new. Couldn't Journey into the center of the earth from Tokyo work well in Dinoland. If they do copy something, I hope it's this.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Couldn't Journey into the center of the earth from Tokyo work well in Dinoland.
It's technically the same ride system as Test Track. I mean, it hasn't stopped them before, but it wouldn't be completely novel.

I personally love the new flying coaster ride system that Vekoma worked out for F.L.Y. at Phantasialand and I feel that would work REALLY well for a new coaster at Disney and something flying in and around the lush landscape at DAK would work wonderfully. Plus, we all know how much Disney loves working with Vekoma.

SirLink

I couldn't think of what would fit best in AK if they do announce a new ride. But given disney's penchant lately for copying ride systems, which is cheaper than creating something new. Couldn't Journey into the center of the earth from Tokyo work well in Dinoland. If they do copy something, I hope it's this.

I mean there was a plan years ago to bring a version of MI from TDS to Animal Kingdom that was put on the shelf and has been discussed on these forums when we had our loveable Spirit and Lee around

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
They flipped it over and built it at EPCOT.
Well Yes But Actually No GIF by walter_

pdude81

I honestly think that a prime target for Encanto in DAK would be the bugs life theater in the Tree of Life. It would have to basically be about Antonio but would allow for other family to appear, and for meet and greets out on Discovery Island. It's already got LL access and queue space that isn't heavily used.

Then perhaps something larger for the replacement of PW or the rest of Dinoland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom