What were they filming at the MK

Sean23

Original Poster
18720030623-018-med.jpg

Sean23

Original Poster
It was near the exit of BTMRR. I was wondering what they might have been filming, the CM that I asked was not sure. I am pretty sure that was the dock for the keelboats.

BenS

Tom Sawyers Island: The Movie

:lol: No, it's probably a new commercial (or vacation planning video or whatever).

RickEff

Originally posted by °O°Imagineer°O°
I'd say it's probably a new Vacation Video. Do they have a 2003 video yet?

Yup! I get them every year. I've got kind of a collection of them now!:)

LeahsDad

Yeah, I received my 2003 Vacation Video about two months ago. There are probably filming new one. The were filming down Main Street as well a couple of weeks ago.

Leah's Dad

meeko_33785

It could very well be more stock footage for the Planning videos or Resort TV, but it might have been something for the Travel Channel or something. I heard they were in the process of making more specials from WDW. Maybe that's what they were doing.

tigsmom

I remember hearing a few weeks ago that Main Street and some of the surrounding areas were to be closed(and some shows cancelled) due to filming. Couldn't find anything about what is was to be, though. We thought it might be a new video or commercial.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by Disneyanna0521
i have been to MK while they were filiming.....it was wonderful...dad and i stood there and watched for a while

Yeah... its kinda cool to see whats going on... Last September they were shooting a coke commerical (I think) in between Caseys and the Crystal Palace. :)

trendymagic

I have a collection of VHS and DVD "vacation planning" videos. The DVD for this year is very nice. Lots of hidden stuff on it. All you have to do is ask for a DVD version instead of VHS. You can call or write them online.

Timekeeper

What's up with old footage in new videos?

I received my vacation planning videos for both WDW and Disneyland/DCA recently and was very disappointed to see so much "old" stock footage used in the "new" videos. Not only that, but why show footage from Disneyland's Space Mountain on the WDW video? It just doesn't make sense.

And the icing on the cake? The *aweful* host of the WDW video. I don't know who he is or where he came from, but he should have probably been left there.

As someone with experience in professional film/video production, I can say with certainty that Disney could have produced a better video at less cost by choosing a better production team. While what's "good" and not is a matter of opinion, the fact that old stock footage appears on a new video is just that, fact. For example, there are many talented young filmmakers with short lists of experience that - because of their lack of experience - will never get the chance to create a large video project for Disney. There is a good chance, however, that they could create videos that are more modern, and, shall we say, less annoying.

I have to say that the Disneyland/DCA video was much better than the WDW video. That's probably because, since many of the features were somewhat new, the video had to follow suit. Even the currently sindicated television commercial for Test Track is decent. There is, however, no excuse for the current condition of the WDW video - advertising the world's vacation destination.

Any good reasons for why this is? It can't be money - countless other production teams could do more for less (and for the mere opportunity of putting it on their resume.) Even the Travel Channel can come in for a couple days and leave with footage that features attractions in a much better/modern/creative light than the WDW video; as they have done in such cases as behind the magic of Animal Kingdom.

Boggles my mind.

Tk:confused:

Timekeeper

idea

Hey Timekeeper,

Maybe Disney could do something like HBO's Project Greenlight - they could have various production groups come in for a day, and shoot the park of their choice, or a park assigned by Disney, or better yet, the 3 mountains at Magic Kingdom. That way with a specific assignment, the various groups would shoot, edit, and present a 5 minute video featuring the 3 mountains in a "vacation planning video" kinda way. Disney would then make their choice, and save loads of money.

I know what you mean about the "old" look in new videos. The wardrobe alone gives it away. I hate trying to plan my 2003 vacation based on a video featuring park guests wearing clothes from the early 1990's.

The "choose your favorite producer" isn't a new idea, even Home and Garden TV has a show where 3 interior designers/landscapers/etc present their design ideas - the home owner selects their favorite and the job is done. The outcome, therefore, is exactly what the customer wants. I forget the name of the show, but "Project Greenthumb" wouldn't be a bad idea.

Tk:sohappy:

Hank Scorpio

Originally posted by Nineinchnailsmk
what kind of hidden stuff are we talking about on the DVD? is it easter egg stuff, or is it stuff that you can find easily?

I'd also like to know the answer to this?

Also, just to throw my opinion on the vacation planning video/dvd - I think its very poor, especially when old footage is used. Ok I know they must send out hundreds of thousands of these, but that's no excuse for seeing 10 year old footage! The video/dvd should have nothing but brand new footage, each and every year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom