What were they filming at the MK

trendymagic

Most of the 'hidden' stuff is easy to find. The map of the property is very interactive. It gives little shorts of each resort, area, etc. They also have some 'ads' for things like PotC and a few others. The DVD has much more then the video.

Has anyone seen the new tower 4 ad that plays on the in room network at the resorts? (On ch 19 or 17) I wish they would have put this one on the dvd. Very good and updated ad for tower 4.

Nineinchnailsmk

I would imagine that need to update especially with the new rides coming out. IE Mission Space, Mickey's Philharmagic (whenever it opens-or is it open?) etc. I love the DVD. I thought there was more to the DVD than what you can find by clicking. The map is GREAT, and so are the ads. I do agree though, they do need to update the video/dvd.

Does anyone have a recorded loop of the Disney Resort Channels on DVD? "I'd pay $50 for one" (southpark)

Anyway....:hammer:

trendymagic

Does anyone have a recorded loop of the Disney Resort Channels on DVD?

I am working on converting them to DVD for myself right now. I have them on DV tapes. Just started with ch 96 (the cartoons) Then ch 18 is next (the overview of WDW)

I have seen them so much I just had to have them at home too.

WDW1971

Originally posted by trendymagic
I have a collection of VHS and DVD "vacation planning" videos. The DVD for this year is very nice. Lots of hidden stuff on it. All you have to do is ask for a DVD version instead of VHS. You can call or write them online.

There were "Easter Eggs" on it? How did you access them?

TrevEG

Most of the 'hidden' stuff is easy to find. The map of the property is very interactive. It gives little shorts of each resort, area, etc. They also have some 'ads' for things like PotC and a few others. The DVD has much more then the video.

Has anyone seen the new tower 4 ad that plays on the in room network at the resorts? (On ch 19 or 17) I wish they would have put this one on the dvd. Very good and updated ad for tower 4.

A bit of a thread drift here... Does anyone know the name of that classical number that is played during that new tower 4 ad? My friends and I would wake up to that commercial every morning of our vacation and Id love to add it to a vacation related music cd Im throwing together. :) Also, how easy is it to get one of those vacation dvd's? id much prefer a dvd over video, especial if there's hidden easter eggs on it. :D

trendymagic

I am very familiar with that music. David Copperfield used it as well several years ago for one of his escapes.

"Carmina Burana O Fortuna" is the original as far as I know. When you listen to it you will know what parts they used. I really enjoy that new commercial.

Download the MP3 (4.9 Mb)

blm07

It looks like they are filming one of the interviews (which I find to be my least favorite part of the video). They probably won't shoot anything new for actual rides. And that one host I thought was kinda funny

TrevEG

I am very familiar with that music. David Copperfield used it as well several years ago for one of his escapes.

"Carmina Burana O Fortuna" is the original as far as I know. When you listen to it you will know what parts they used. I really enjoy that new commercial.

Download the MP3 (4.9 Mb)

Wow. Thank you soooo much. Really brought back some memories. :D

Dizknee_Phreek

i LOVE that commercail! i saw it several times while in the hotel room a few weeks ago...simply brilliant!

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by Hank Scorpio
Ok I know they must send out hundreds of thousands of these, but that's no excuse for seeing 10 year old footage! The video/dvd should have nothing but brand new footage, each and every year.

as much as we'd all like to see new footage each and every year, it's just not practical. remember, Disney isn't making any profit off of these things. personally, i don't think we really have any room to complain...it's one of the very few things Disney offers as complimentary (along with weekly updated park maps and the wonderful 4-page fold-out Pirates of the Caribbean poster found at the PotC gift shop!) now, if they made us pay for the VHS/DVD and/or shipping and handling, then i'd say that they should make more of an effort to update them more often. but as it stands now, as long as they're free, i'm happy! :D

BenS

Originally posted by Dizknee_Phreek
remember, Disney isn't making any profit off of these things.

Not directly, but I'm sure these things do affect some people's decisions on weather or not to go.

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by BenS
Not directly, but I'm sure these things do affect some people's decisions on weather or not to go.

oh i'm not denying that at all! in fact, i agree with you 100% on that! and i could be wrong in saying this, but i'd consider the people who get the most benefit out of these videos would be those who have never been before, or those who have not been in several years...and i would think that those people probably wouldn't order the video every year like we Disneyholics do (then again, like i said, i could be wrong) besides, the videos are meant to inform (and yes, to impress) not to show what the latest fashions are. don't get me wrong, i do get your all's point...they do get a little old when it's the same ol', same ol' every year (especially the interviews) but honestly, how many people (other than folks like us) order these things year after year?
and it's not like the video has been exactly the same for the past decade...they HAVE updated it several times (i have a video from 92' or 93', and most of the others up until the current one, so i know for fact there's been several changes) personally, before they update the free videos, i'd rather see them update the attraction videos first (especially the Star Tours one...it screams 80's)

trendymagic

I also know they got done recently filming at ToT and RnR for a Travel Channel Special. Wonder if it is all the for the same special or if they are doing several.

AndyP

I'm glad to know its not just me who orders those planning videos every year! I think i have about 10 in my cupboard.
I think it is only us who actually know about every part of the video. I myself have watched them over and over, sometimes just to cheer myself up!

I was also wondering why the wrong space mountain footage was on the WDW video though, with the same mistake every year. Strange :S

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by AndyPretty
I was also wondering why the wrong space mountain footage was on the WDW video though, with the same mistake every year. Strange :S

what part is the wrong footage? i don't remember seeing it....plus it's been a while since i've watched the videos. :confused:

They were also filing a few months ago at Disney/Mgm just before the Star and Motor Cars Parade. I have some pictures... but I cannot get them online until Sunday night when I return to my own computer.The guy was way too excited for that parade!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom