What type of cars do all are members drive?

tenchu

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
Ok...I understand the fact that rear wheel drive vehicles do not perform as well in snow as front wheel drive because of the engine placement (or WEIGHT)...but...would a mid or rear engine vehicle with rear wheel drive be better than a front wheel drive front engine vehicle?

And...if so...would it be wise to weight down the trunk in the case of a front engine/rear wheel drive vehicle??? (In snow)

Well as far as i understand it, you want the weight over your drive wheels, so you might be correct with those assumptions.

I think a rear wheel drive may still have more of a tendancy to step out in slippery conditions, though.

But if you've got traction control, the second your wheels start spinning, the power gets cut to them, so you should be ok.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by tenchu
Well as far as i understand it, you want the weight over your drive wheels, so you might be correct with those assumptions.

I think a rear wheel drive may still have more of a tendancy to step out in slippery conditions, though.

But if you've got traction control, the second your wheels start spinning, the power gets cut to them, so you should be ok.

I only assumed that because in a FWD car...when your tires slip...you lose steering ability...with a RWD (mid/rear engine) car, you'd still have the weight over the powered wheels and still have the turning ability.

Now...here's another one :)

What is better...
A front wheel drive (front engine) without Traction Control
or...
A rear wheel drive (front engine) WITH Traction Control

garyhoov

Trophy Husband

What is better...
A front wheel drive (front engine) without Traction Control
or...
A rear wheel drive (front engine) WITH Traction Control

I think the answer to that depends on if your goal is to be safe, or to make it up a steep, slippery hill. I think the traction control car will be safer and give you better control, but, without the weight on the driving wheels, you could find yourself immobilized on an icy, steep spot. I think the real wheel, front engine with traction control (and ABS) is probably the best option short of all wheel drive from a safety perspective because:

a. You have the weight over the steering tires providing good control.
b. As you pointed out, by not driving the front wheels, you reduce the possibility of slipping and losing control.
c. You've got traction control on the rear wheels preventing loss of traction that could lead to loss of control.

A skilled driver in the front wheel drive car may be able to use the improved traction on the driven wheels to go some places the other configuration couldn't, but that would be the only advantage.

(boy I'm bored)

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by garyhoov
I think the answer to that depends on if your goal is to be safe, or to make it up a steep, slippery hill. I think the traction control car will be safer and give you better control, but, without the weight on the driving wheels, you could find yourself immobilized on an icy, steep spot. I think the real wheel, front engine with traction control (and ABS) is probably the best option short of all wheel drive from a safety perspective because:

a. You have the weight over the steering tires providing good control.
b. As you pointed out, by not driving the front wheels, you reduce the possibility of slipping and losing control.
c. You've got traction control on the rear wheels preventing loss of traction that could lead to loss of control.

A skilled driver in the front wheel drive car may be able to use the improved traction on the driven wheels to go some places the other configuration couldn't, but that would be the only advantage.

(boy I'm bored)

Whoa...that was a mouthful...but...a very intelligent response to my question!

See, I have never had a problem with a front wheel drive car...although, when you slide...you go straight (whether or not you are trying to turn). I should be okay on the icy slopes if I throw some sandbags in the trunk though...(granted, it won't be as heavy as the engine...but it will keep the tires on the pavement)

WDWFREAK53

ok...I think I've seen it all now... One question...what is Toyota thinking???

This car's fiberoptic lighting in the front (blue in this picture) changes color depending on the "mood" of it...and...when the driver approaches...it "wags" it's little antennae...

This is a cross between an egg and a Poo-Chi

Attachments

• toyota-pod1445.jpg
    toyota-pod1445.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 28

WDWFREAK53

Here's another pic...look the color has changed to orange...must be getting mad :lol:

Attachments

• toyota-pod1307.jpg
    toyota-pod1307.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 28

WDWFREAK53

Interior shot...

(Yes, the same fiber optics line the interior along the floor, roof, and dash)

Attachments

• toyota-pod1302int.jpg
    toyota-pod1302int.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 28

WDWFREAK53

and here's that "wagging" antenna...

(instead of designing things like this...why don't they sponsor CoP and put their money to something worthwhile)

Attachments

• toyota-pod2226.jpg
    toyota-pod2226.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 28

WDWFREAK53

ok, here are the colors...and...in that dark blue one...are those TEARS???? THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!

Attachments

• podcolors.jpg
    podcolors.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 25

WDWFREAK53

better pic of the interior...and I do have to say...I kinda do like the inside of it...it's just different.

Ummm...just realized something...how do you steer this thing? :lol:

Attachments

• podinterior.jpg
    podinterior.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 53

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by spider-man
I love it how much... the first real KITT. plus emotion indicator.:D

If you'd like to find more info on this MONSTROSITY of a "vehicle"...it is called...now...get this... The Toyota POD

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by spider-man
Is Toyota's Logo... "Driver's Wanted"?

Well, the care has feelings...isn't their "slogan" "Oh what a feeling"

but with Toyota sponsoring Universal attractions...I can picture it now... The Spongebob Squarepod

tenchu

better pic of the interior...and I do have to say...I kinda do like the inside of it...it's just different.

Ummm...just realized something...how do you steer this thing? :lol:

Admit it, you want one!

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by tenchu
Admit it, you want one!

Umm...NO...I just simply stated that I liked the interior :lookaroun

(C'mon...it is a pretty NEAT interior...too bad the stupid thing looks so ugly :lol: (and...the whole tail wagging thing...that's a little extreme :lol: )

tenchu

Umm...NO...I just simply stated that I liked the interior :lookaroun

(C'mon...it is a pretty NEAT interior...too bad the stupid thing looks so ugly :lol: (and...the whole tail wagging thing...that's a little extreme :lol: )

Sort of like a z-shu.

:lol: :animwink:

WDWFREAK53

ok...I posted it so we could make fun of it...am I the only one that thinks this is unbelievable dumb? :lol: (and UGLY)

Sheesh...by the sounds of it...I'm giving free advertisement for Toyota...they'll sell MILLIONS :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom