What type of cars do all are members drive?

Lhriangel

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
Hey, any more info on the Z5? I can't seem to find anything on it :lol:

When's the new 'vette coming out??? (the vette is my favorite sports car, that's why I'm questioning it)

Ohhh 'vettes.. I want a classice vette roadster one day... hey I can dream can't I? I think this is why dad thinks I need to marry a guy who knows how to work on cars LOL.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by Angelique
Ohhh 'vettes.. I want a classice vette roadster one day... hey I can dream can't I? I think this is why dad thinks I need to marry a guy who knows how to work on cars LOL.

When I went to buy the old bug...I almost traded in my car at the time (the new bug) and bought this...
(this isn't the exact car...the same year/make/model)
But, it was a sky (robin's egg) blue...with white trim.

Attachments

• 61vette.jpg
    61vette.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 48

garyhoov

Trophy Husband

When's the new 'vette coming out??? (the vette is my favorite sports car, that's why I'm questioning it)

I think it's expected in 2004 as a 2005 model. I've seen a lot of speculation, but not too many solid facts. Here's something from "Motor Trend":

2005 Chevrolet Corvette: The C6 will be underpinned by a chassis evolved from the current C5, that benefited from shared development with the Cadillac XLR, including the Magnetic Selective Ride Control (MSRC) dynamic damping system. Base engine is rumored to be a Gen IV 6.0-liter/380-horsepower V-8 with displacement on demand. The modern, wind-cheating styling is reported to be reminiscent of the 1963-1967 Sting Rays. Coupe and convertible models are expected at launch in spring 2004.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by garyhoov
I think it's expected in 2004 as a 2005 model. I've seen a lot of speculation, but not too many solid facts. Here's something from "Motor Trend":

2005 Chevrolet Corvette: The C6 will be underpinned by a chassis evolved from the current C5, that benefited from shared development with the Cadillac XLR, including the Magnetic Selective Ride Control (MSRC) dynamic damping system. Base engine is rumored to be a Gen IV 6.0-liter/380-horsepower V-8 with displacement on demand. The modern, wind-cheating styling is reported to be reminiscent of the 1963-1967 Sting Rays. Coupe and convertible models are expected at launch in spring 2004.

Hmmm...not too crazy about that...If I'm not mistaken...the 63-67 Sting rays had flip up headlights...and a split window in the rear (that would be sweet if they brought the split back)

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Originally posted by Angelique

What is this 1950? No reason you can't work on it yourself. That's part of the fun.;)

Lhriangel

When I went to buy the old bug...I almost traded in my car at the time (the new bug) and bought this...
(this isn't the exact car...the same year/make/model)
But, it was a sky (robin's egg) blue...with white trim.

See now THAT is a sweet car... If I dated guys for their cars I'd date someone with a car like that. (but I dont' so that's a mute point lol).

Oh and Gary... Dad won't even let me near the mustang at home unless I'm driving it. He's afraid if I try to do something I'll mess it up lol (it's a show car yet he lets me drive it :) hehe).

Icks.. on a sadder note.. my brother totaled his 64 1/2 mustange coupe :(.

WDWFREAK53

Re: Shamu VW Back

Originally posted by spider-man
The Tail...

See...that's why I love beetle's so much...they have so much character to them! Thanks for the pics!

It's almost like the car has it's own personality that says, "I'm fun...drive me"

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
I just read a rumor that the Opel Speedster (which is based on the Lotus Elise) may very likely be sold as a Pontiac Speedster in the near future. If that's confirmed anytime soon, I will put a deposit down as soon as I can.

WDWFREAK53

I just read a rumor that the Opel Speedster (which is based on the Lotus Elise) may very likely be sold as a Pontiac Speedster in the near future. If that's confirmed anytime soon, I will put a deposit down as soon as I can.

Gary, I'm in the process of saving for the Z4 3.0liter Automatic with Manu-matic stick... Hoping for a purchase in early April...but...there is only one thing that'll stop me...(if we have a bad winter this year or not...) For the past 7 years I've been leary about having a rear-wheel drive vehicle living in MA...but alas...NO HUGE STORMS. So...if it's a calm winter...I will hang up the keys to the 4WD...

(Oh...and I've been looking at the Z5 more and more...I don't really like it...I like the Crossfire a lot better...but, if it performs as well as they are saying...it'll be a great little car...but I HATE the styling :lol: )

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
Gary, I'm in the process of saving for the Z4 3.0liter Automatic with Manu-matic stick... Hoping for a purchase in early April...but...there is only one thing that'll stop me...(if we have a bad winter this year or not...) For the past 7 years I've been leary about having a rear-wheel drive vehicle living in MA...but alas...NO HUGE STORMS. So...if it's a calm winter...I will hang up the keys to the 4WD...

:eek: NOOOOOO! You're not going to get the six speed? I guess the automatic is supposed to be very refined. I wouldn't worry too much about the weather. I grew up in Pittsburgh, with lots of snow, lots of hills, and rear wheel drive cars. Just drive slow and steady and don't make any sudden adjustments.

I've calmed down a bit, and I probably won't get anything within the next few months. I'm doing some heavy research now and trying to see what might be coming in the next year or so.

Have fun!!!:sohappy:

WDWFREAK53

:eek: NOOOOOO! You're not going to get the six speed? I guess the automatic is supposed to be very refined. I wouldn't worry too much about the weather. I grew up in Pittsburgh, with lots of snow, lots of hills, and rear wheel drive cars. Just drive slow and steady and don't make any sudden adjustments.

I've calmed down a bit, and I probably won't get anything within the next few months. I'm doing some heavy research now and trying to see what might be coming in the next year or so.

Have fun!!!:sohappy:

Umm...psst...Gary...(The 6-speed is nice...but I commute to work in Boston...TRAFFIC IS A NIGHTMARE...I think I'll go with the Manu-matic stick because you have the best of both worlds...(and yes...BMW does the manumatic best!) (I'm like you...a sporty car should definitely be a stick...but I am stuck in traffic for over an hour a day...EACH WAY)

actually, from what I got out of it...it comes standard with Traction Control...can anybody explain to me EXACTLY what traction control is?

garyhoov

Trophy Husband

actually, from what I got out of it...it comes standard with Traction Control...can anybody explain to me EXACTLY what traction control is?

My understanding of simple traction control is that it is the reverse of ABS. Since the coeficient of static friction is typically lower than the coefficient of dynamic friction, it's a good thing to prevent your tires from slipping. Additionally, once your tires slip, you lose control because the direction your tires are pointing only matters if your tires are spinning. Otherwise it's like you've got four flat plates connecting you to the road.

ABS works by modulating the brakes to release pressure at the point of lock up. Traction control works by cutting power at the point acceleration causes wheel slippage. I'm sure some auto manufacturers have complex systems that go beyond this simple model and tie braking/acceleration together into some fairly complex algorithms. I don't know much specifically about the BMW system, but their traction control/ABS system will almost certainly give you better handling in icy conditions than anything you or I have ever driven before.

tenchu

Umm...psst...Gary...(The 6-speed is nice...but I commute to work in Boston...TRAFFIC IS A NIGHTMARE...I think I'll go with the Manu-matic stick because you have the best of both worlds...(and yes...BMW does the manumatic best!) (I'm like you...a sporty car should definitely be a stick...but I am stuck in traffic for over an hour a day...EACH WAY)

Traction control will still give you all the power, but it will switch it away from whichever wheels are in danger of spining.

P.S. You can always turn it off anyway.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by tenchu
Traction control will still give you all the power, but it will switch it away from whichever wheels are in danger of spining.

P.S. You can always turn it off anyway.

Ok...I understand the fact that rear wheel drive vehicles do not perform as well in snow as front wheel drive because of the engine placement (or WEIGHT)...but...would a mid or rear engine vehicle with rear wheel drive be better than a front wheel drive front engine vehicle?

And...if so...would it be wise to weight down the trunk in the case of a front engine/rear wheel drive vehicle??? (In snow)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom