What to wear in the parks? (girls mostly would be helpful)

figmentisgreat

Hey guys (well, girls!)!!! :wave:

Has anyone worn a sundress to the parks? Normally, I just wear t-shirts and shorts (we are going at the end of May), but I feel like a sundress would look nicer. Does anyone wear sundresses down there? Is it comfy? What shoes do you wear?

Thanks so much!!!

tigsmom

I see many women in sundresses as well as younger girls. My youngest loves to wear a sundress and will often wear them to the parks (she is now 14). Most women I have seen are wearing sandals or summer flats, but I have seen some in sneakers as well.

Wear what is most comfortable to you since thats one of the easiest ways to have a good time. Nothing worse than going around in uncomfortable clothes. :lol:

Upvote 0

Gucci65

I see many women in sundresses as well as younger girls. My youngest loves to wear a sundress and will often wear them to the parks (she is now 14). Most women I have seen are wearing sandals or summer flats, but I have seen some in sneakers as well.

Wear what is most comfortable to you since thats one of the easiest ways to have a good time. Nothing worse than going around in uncomfortable clothes. :lol:

And if its a windy day.......wear Grannie panties instead of a thong!!!!

Upvote 0

Philo

Disclaimer: I'm a guy and as such I'm not 100% sure what a summer dress is - I'm just going to go by the dresses my wife wears in summer.

My wife has worn summer dresses several times round WDW without any problem (that I know of). For a P&PP she even made one out of a Disney Princess Duvet cover!

Upvote 0

LuLaSue

Disclaimer: I'm a guy and as such I'm not 100% sure what a summer dress is - I'm just going to go by the dresses my wife wears in summer.

My wife has worn summer dresses several times round WDW without any problem (that I know of). For a P&PP she even made one out of a Disney Princess Duvet cover!

Out of a Duvet Cover??? That's cool!

Upvote 0

CBug88

I have worn sundresses down in WDW and have not had a problem on any ride/attraction. I would just be careful bending over into TT if it is shorter... I also tend to wear flip flops - crocs ones actually.... that are a solid color (black/brown, etc.) and I find them to be the most comfortable.

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

I wore a knee length light/gauzy twirly skirt last May to the MK for the Pirate & Princess Party. No problems. Wore glittery flip flops with it (they were my glass slippers). I'm probably going to make some simple pillowcase-style sundresses for my nieces and me Minnie-inspired color schemes for the trip with them in May. I'm thinking I'll buy some simple black flip flops and put some coordinating bows on them to make them Minnie-ish, too. Aaaand, I can make coordinating hair korkers...and little shoulder bags...and...I could totally get carried away... LOL!

Wear a sundress if you're comfortable!

Upvote 0

Philo

Out of a Duvet Cover??? That's cool!

Yep. Here's a pic (not a great pic but it was the end of a very long day!) As you can see, it was our honeymoon and my wifes birthday - a good day all round then

n710895845_1923396_3097600.jpg

Upvote 0

wdwCC

Hey guys (well, girls!)!!! :wave:

Has anyone worn a sundress to the parks? Normally, I just wear t-shirts and shorts (we are going at the end of May), but I feel like a sundress would look nicer. Does anyone wear sundresses down there? Is it comfy? What shoes do you wear?

Thanks so much!!!

It depends on the park I was going to as if I would wear a dress. If it were MK I would probobly go with t-shirt and jeans, but at EP I would be fine wearing a sundress. As for shoes, my Z-coils with jeans, sandals, (very confortable ones) with a dress.

Upvote 0

KingStefan

Yep. Here's a pic (not a great pic but it was the end of a very long day!) As you can see, it was our honeymoon and my wifes birthday - a good day all round then

Hey, I think my daughter has that Duvet! That's a very pretty dress she made! She's a very pretty lady too!

Upvote 0

Kristamouse

I ALWAYS wear dresses or skirts at the parks and everywhere else in the summer. I think they are way cooler (temp wise) and easy. They also look at smige nicer. I wear them right at or above the knee with my croc's (thong style) or Reef's. Never had a problem with wind or enter and exiting at ride. I have three kids under 4 so I need to be able to bend over with out being Paris Hilton. I usualy find mine at GAP, Target and Ny& Co.

Upvote 0

Nixjem

And if its a windy day.......wear Grannie panties instead of a thong!!!!
:ROFLOL:
It's funny but very true. In fact if you're traveling with small children you might want to wear some cotton short shorts.

I'm a local who forgot why she never takes 2 children (3 & 1) to the park in a sundress without her husband today.

Be prepared to do a lot of kneeing, bending, sitting on the ground, and having a childs foot catch and lift your dress in the middle of a hunger tantrum.:brick:

:lookaroun Um... yeah, I'm wearing shorts under next time. Lesson learned the hard way.:lol:

Sundresses are really wonderful especially when it's humid. So wear your cutest most comfortable flip flops or flats and enjoy.

Upvote 0

lbrad

I am not a huge dress lover esp. if it is really hot out.
I am tall & lean but I must have BIG thighs...whenever I wear a dress my inner thighs get all sweaty:( BUT if you are comfortable in a dress by all means go for it.

Wear comfy sandles or flip flops

Enjoy:)

Upvote 0

Susan Savia

Warmer then 70, I wear shorts and tees. Colder then 70, jeans and tees. Be sure the shoes you wear are broken in and comfortable. We calculated we walked between 8 to 12 miles each day in the parks and you don't want to be bothered with blisters...:)

Upvote 0

HollyBelle

I wear dresses and skirts all the time... like a poster above said, it's much cooler on hot days and I find it way more comfortable. That being said, most all of my dresses/skirts are at the knee or just slightly above the knee.... NO MINIS (unless of course I've got leggings on underneath).

I don't find any rides to be an issue, except maybe space mountain. That one can be a bit tricky even with a longer skirt :eek:!

And flip flops... ALWAYS!!

Upvote 0

Gucci65

I wear dresses and skirts all the time... like a poster above said, it's much cooler on hot days and I find it way more comfortable. That being said, most all of my dresses/skirts are at the knee or just slightly above the knee.... NO MINIS (unless of course I've got leggings on underneath).

I don't find any rides to be an issue, except maybe space mountain. That one can be a bit tricky even with a longer skirt :eek:!

And flip flops... ALWAYS!!

Yet another reason for the grannie panties (or shorts)!!

Upvote 0

Cynderella

I am not a huge dress lover esp. if it is really hot out.
I am tall & lean but I must have BIG thighs...whenever I wear a dress my inner thighs get all sweaty:( BUT if you are comfortable in a dress by all means go for it.

Wear comfy sandles or flip flops

Enjoy:)

I agree....I swear I could start a fire sometimes! :lookaroun:D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom