What to wear in the parks? (girls mostly would be helpful)

figmentisgreat

Hey guys (well, girls!)!!! :wave:

Has anyone worn a sundress to the parks? Normally, I just wear t-shirts and shorts (we are going at the end of May), but I feel like a sundress would look nicer. Does anyone wear sundresses down there? Is it comfy? What shoes do you wear?

Thanks so much!!!

hrcollectibles

I am not a huge dress lover esp. if it is really hot out.
I am tall & lean but I must have BIG thighs...whenever I wear a dress my inner thighs get all sweaty:( BUT if you are comfortable in a dress by all means go for it.

Wear comfy sandles or flip flops

Enjoy:)

You could use what cyclists its called Bodyglide. It helps a lot with that issue you mentioned.

Upvote 0

melissw

Several years ago I wore a sundress everyday to all the parks with no problem. I would probably still wear them there but they don't quite fit right on me anymore, so if you're comfy in them, go for it!
I wore sandals of some sort, but my feet couldn't handle them after a few days so I had to make a trip to the store to by a generic version of white, canvas Keds with white ankle socks and it still looked fine.
Whatever you choose, just make sure you're comfy head to toe - those Disney parks suck you in like a vortex and it's no fun to have to leave to change :D

Upvote 0

Tom

Beta Return
I'm male, but I have a pretty good insight here. I've been a few times with my friend and his wife. She wanted to wear a sundress one day, and it was just too much trouble.

She had to constantly make sure she wasn't pulling a "Britney" or "Paris" when getting in and out of ride vehicles. In some of them, it's almost impossible not to expose yourself (i.e. Test Track).

Also, the rubbing thigh comments made me laugh! She also has that problem, and now only wears shorts or "skorts" to prevent a fire from starting, :lol:

So, if you're just walking around and riding things you can slide right into, I hear they're VERY comfy. Just be aware of your level of exposure, and the level of wind.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Hey guys (well, girls!)!!! :wave:

Has anyone worn a sundress to the parks? Normally, I just wear t-shirts and shorts (we are going at the end of May), but I feel like a sundress would look nicer. Does anyone wear sundresses down there? Is it comfy? What shoes do you wear?

Thanks so much!!!

Oh I start mapping out the coordinating outfits months and months in advance! I already have the list going - its almost done!! Sundresses are good and cool but especially in the summer, there is a lot of humidity and not to be gross, but legs can become irritated with the humidity and skin rubbing against each other - so i'm a fan of capris or shorts. I keep the skits and sundresses to the fall and winter when the humidity lifts. I do try to layer a bit - a nice light weight top with a tank top underneath (modest) so that if is a blazing hot day, then I will feel comfortable in the tank top under. But I try not to do that. The DH is always in shorts and either a polo or tshirt. As for shoes - sandles, comforable, good walking shoes, what ever. Just as long as they are comfortable. nothing that makes you have blisters! ouchies!

I try to coordinate - who am I kidding - try - I do coordinate my husbands outfits and mine - we do not wear matching outfits - but we do coordinate. :lol: The colors coordinate and the pics always turn out so cute for it!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

TinkerBelle8878

Don't wear any kind of denim shorts when its hot out! Not only don't they breathe but if you get sweaty they start to chafe. Which leads to major ows as the day goes on and forget walking like a normal person the next day.

Unfortunately I learned this one the hard way.

Upvote 0

wdwCC

Don't wear any kind of denim shorts when its hot out! Not only don't they breathe but if you get sweaty they start to chafe. Which leads to major ows as the day goes on and forget walking like a normal person the next day.

I have learned if wearing jeans or even shorts to include a travel size baby powder in my pack. Helps feet out too.

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

A sundress is a good idea if you're aware if the dangers the wind can bring!

Don't read the next line, boys!

Keep in mind the color of your bra and the color of your shirt/dress. The flash of a camera can reveal a whole lot more than you'd like! There's a picture of me where that happened...I think the picture is terrible for other reasons but my boyfriend wouldn't let me delete it... I wonder why..:p

Upvote 0

KingStefan

I have learned if wearing jeans or even shorts to include a travel size baby powder in my pack. Helps feet out too.

Gold Bond powder with menthol or the generic equivalent works wonders for this. I've saved several days that would otherwise have been wasted. I'm a guy, but it works for the gals, too.

Upvote 0

notrub125

What the freak is Duvet cover??? Is it like a snuggie or could you make a snuggie out of it?

Think of it like a pillow case for your comforter. They are cheaper than an new comforter, easier to wash, and still give you the look of new bedding!

SAVES tons on dry cleaning when you have down comforters!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom