News What time is the 2 o'clock parade?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
The flawed math doesn't change the fact the party hasn't not been shortened.
I'm not saying it did. I'm just pointing out that 5 does not equal 6.

I am, however, very curious about the one-hour gap between park closing (6 pm) and party beginning (7 pm). Sounds to me like they might be going back to the "clear the park" strategy they used in the early years. If that is the case, it would be a significant change to the value associated with the party ticket. Instead of allowing admission for 8 hours (4 pm to midnight), it would mean that party guests only get access for the 5 hours (7 pm to midnight) they're paying for.

To my mind, that would be consistent with other decisions management has made concerning hours, staffing, attractions and special events. And to be honest, it's hard to explain to day guests why someone on a special event ticket gets three free hours in the park during the 9 hours of regular opening, only to be unceremoniously thrown out at park closing so the party crowd can have "exclusive" access.

Last edited:

peter11435

I'm not saying it did. I am, however, curious about the one-hour gap between park closing (6 pm) and party beginning (7 pm). Sounds to me like they might be going back to the "clear the park" strategy they used in the early years. If that is the case, it would be a significant change to the value associated with the party ticket. Instead of allowing admission for 8 hours (4 pm to midnight), it would mean that you'd only get access for the 5 hours (7 pm to midnight) you're paying for.
Where has it been confirmed that the park will close at 6?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I'm not saying it did. I'm just pointing out that 5 does not equal 6.

I am, however, very curious about the one-hour gap between park closing (6 pm) and party beginning (7 pm). Sounds to me like they might be going back to the "clear the park" strategy they used in the early years. If that is the case, it would be a significant change to the value associated with the party ticket. Instead of allowing admission for 8 hours (4 pm to midnight), it would mean that party guests only get access for the 5 hours (7 pm to midnight) they're paying for.

To my mind, that would be consistent with other decisions management has made concerning hours, staffing, attractions and special events. And to be honest, it's hard to explain to day guests why someone on a special event ticket gets three free hours in the park during the 9 hours of regular opening, only to be unceremoniously thrown out at park closing so the party crowd can have "exclusive" access.
I went to the Christmas and Halloween parties back when they did the "clear the park" strategy and it in no way impeded party goers. They simply set up wrist band checks at several choke points around the hub and directed people without them to the exit. Attractions were still open and guest with wrist bands could go about their day.

If anything, it made things better for those at the party as the number of people skirting the checks seemed to be much lower.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Whenever we've entered the park shortly after 4pm on a party day, we've always been able to get wrist bands right away. I really like the 6pm closing, since you don't have the madness of clearing the parks at the same time party guests are trying to enter. There's always going to be stragglers and this way CMs can better facilitate crowd control.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Occam's Razor:

• To keep the party guests who are coming in early at 4 PM from crashing into the crowds leaving after the 3 PM parade, the 3 PM parade is moved to 2 PM.
  • To keep the party guests who are coming in 'on time' at 7 PM from crashing into the non-party crowds leaving at 7 PM, the non-party crowd is being 'pushed out' at 6 PM. This also frees up CMs to start the 7 PM party at 7 PM because they're done with their sweeps by then.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

When the park "closed" at 7 PM for the party, party-goers were able to get in at 4 PM.

There's no reason to assume that when the park "closes" at 6 PM that party-goers won't be able to still get in at 4 PM.

People are allowed in at 4 PM because 5,000 people all showing up at once at 7 PM would be total chaos and waiting an hour to get in would be totally unacceptable for people who paid a premium. It would also upset the schedule of shows for the night.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Occam's Razor:

• To keep the party guests who are coming in early at 4 PM from crashing into the crowds leaving after the 3 PM parade, the 3 PM parade is moved to 2 PM.
  • To keep the party guests who are coming in 'on time' at 7 PM from crashing into the non-party crowds leaving at 7 PM, the non-party crowd is being 'pushed out' at 6 PM. This also frees up CMs to start the 7 PM party at 7 PM because they're done with their sweeps by then.

Makes perfect reasonable sense to me....

Since the first MNSSHP is August 25th, I would think moving the parade to 2:00pm a few days before will help get people familiar with the new time before the parties begin. And I'm hoping a 6pm close for the Halloween parties, too.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Occam's Razor:

That sounds sane and logical. No way it can be correct.;)

LuvtheGoof

DVC Guru
Premium Member
Occam's Razor:

I'm surprised they didn't implement this years ago. Makes way too much sense.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Is the 6pm park closure now confirmed on party nights?

You'd have to compare the MK park hours for each day of MVMCP, but it appears so.

I just check a few of the days for the Halloween party. The park is closing at 7pm, not 6pm. :(

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
You'd have to compare the MK park hours for each day of MVMCP, but it appears so.

I just check a few of the days for the Halloween party. The park is closing at 7pm, not 6pm. :(

Yes, sorry. I was specifically talking about MNSSHP as that comes first. It will be interesting to see if those hours change.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom