News What time is the 2 o'clock parade?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I still do not understand how a regular size coke costs $4 lol.

Markup... I discovered when I worked retail years ago that the jeans my local department store sold for $30 cost them only $20. Most department stores had a 40-50% markup on clothing. And they still made money when selling employees clothing at a 20% employee discount.

Ain't capitalism great?

jakeman

You are forgetting in that analysis that the park closes 1 hour earlier to day guests and the party has also been shortened by an hour. Hence decrease in value

Where has that been stated or shown in an official statement?

Please show me the evidence for this because according to the WDW website both the parties are still six hours long

@ford91exploder , Twice you've said the length of the party has been shortened and twice you've been asked for your source on this.

What is your source that the length of the party has been shortened?
@ford91exploder

Answer the question.

21stamps

Markup... I discovered when I worked retail years ago that the jeans my local department store sold for $30 cost them only $20. Most department stores had a 40-50% markup on clothing. And they still made money when selling employees clothing at a 20% employee discount.

Ain't capitalism great?

Wait, what? People who sell something make a profit of of that 'thing'? Absurd.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Wait, what? People who sell something make a profit of of that 'thing'? Absurd.

Well, there's a reasonable profit and then there's an absurdly ridiculous one. But retailers have to build loss into their margins - loss which the majority is due to employee theft....

Disone

I know so many will argue otherwise, but I once had the opportunity to work parade and crowd control for the 25th Anniversary Parade. I was so ready for the question. You know, because it is the now legendary NUMBER ONE question guests ask and guess what? I got it a total of ZERO times. Not once. Back then I also got to shadow and be with the cast of the Jungle Cruise for a day, Again... total goose egg. Now I have had other castmember tell me they get it ALL the time but the ones I know and trust, the ones I am friends with, they agree, this really is not a question that is asked.

Turns out this was once part of the Tradition's class. It was a fictional scenario, and the point of the scenario was to read the guests, "what were they really asking". In this scenario, the guest means when does it reach the part of the parade route we are standing at. Also of note, I do not think the MK's parade has EVER been called the 3 o'clock parade. It has always had a proper name. Also, WDW has always been a world destination, not a regional attraction. So while the cast may come to know the parade is always at 3pm, and thus cast call it the 3 oclock parade, the average guest are not like you and me and are not familiar enough with the operations of the park to do the same. They are looking things up, the showtimes guide have never called it, the 3 o'clock parade. Nor will it be listed at the 2 o'clock parade. Just my take.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I'm pretty sure over the nearly 46 years the MK has been open, there's been a few changes in rides, parades, existing/new lands, park hours, etc. - the world didn't stop revolving.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom