News What time is the 2 o'clock parade?

LuvtheGoof

DVC Guru
Premium Member
We also have no confirmation that party Guests will be restricted from coming in at 4:00pm, either. Except from the typical crazies.
I cannot see that changing. There is no reason to change it. Having the park close at 6 though is a good change, as it allows CMs to clear the park before the party starts, instead of during the first hour after it starts. That makes total sense to me.

King Panda 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Occam's Razor:

• To keep the party guests who are coming in early at 4 PM from crashing into the crowds leaving after the 3 PM parade, the 3 PM parade is moved to 2 PM.
  • To keep the party guests who are coming in 'on time' at 7 PM from crashing into the non-party crowds leaving at 7 PM, the non-party crowd is being 'pushed out' at 6 PM. This also frees up CMs to start the 7 PM party at 7 PM because they're done with their sweeps by then.
Seems a bit cut-throat to me.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I cannot see that changing. There is no reason to change it. Having the park close at 6 though is a good change, as it allows CMs to clear the park before the party starts, instead of during the first hour after it starts. That makes total sense to me.

Yes, it does. They spend that first hour walking around Main Street and the mass gathering in the Hub asking everyone to raise their arms and show their bands. Wouldn't it be nice if they could spend from 6-7pm clearing non-party goers out and finalizing set up for the party, rather than doing that the 1st hour of the party?

LuvtheGoof

DVC Guru
Premium Member
Yes, it does. They spend that first hour walking around Main Street and the mass gathering in the Hub asking everyone to raise their arms and show their bands. Wouldn't it be nice if they could spend from 6-7pm clearing non-party goers out and finalizing set up for the party, rather than doing that the 1st hour of the party?
Yup!

King Panda 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Sorry, went over my Irish head. My bad. :oops:
th (18).jpg

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
We also have no confirmation that party Guests will be restricted from coming in at 4:00pm, either. Except from the typical crazies.
I haven't seen anyone "confirm" that party guests will be restricted to 7:00, crazy or not.
IF they were to ever make that change, that would be something that would make us re-assess the parties. Whenever we visit during the party season, we always use those days as our MK day since you can basically enjoy about eight hours at the park for a bit less
Exactly my point -- who would want to pay $115 for 9 hours when they could get 8 hours for $89?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I haven't seen anyone "confirm" that party guests will be restricted to 7:00, crazy or not.

Exactly my point -- who would want to pay $115 for 9 hours when they could get 8 hours for $89?
Most people are not paying $115 for 9 hours. The majority pay around $80 or less.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
People are allowed in at 4 PM because 5,000 people all showing up at once at 7 PM would be total chaos and waiting an hour to get in would be totally unacceptable for people who paid a premium. It would also upset the schedule of shows for the night.
I can see that.

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Who on a "Disney trip" is paying $115 for a ticket?
Anyone who buys a one-day or two-day ticket for the MK during "mid-value" season. I have no doubt that some people do that, especially if (a) they're in town to see Harry & friends, or (b) they're taking a spontaneous trip without much planning or research.

During party season, it makes as much sense to get a party ticket -- you get almost as much time in the park for a few dollars less.

Regardless of the average price paid, it still seems to me to be very disadvantageous to the day guests to be cutting their day by an hour to accommodate the party people.

I'll be interested to see which way they take this "open hour."

21stamps

Anyone who buys a one-day or two-day ticket for the MK during "mid-value" season. I have no doubt that some people do that, especially if (a) they're in town to see Harry & friends, or (b) they're taking a spontaneous trip without much planning or research.

Regardless of the average price paid, it still seems to me to be very disadvantageous to the day guests to be cutting their day by an hour to accommodate the party people.

I'll be interested to see which way they take this "open hour."

I agree that people buy 1 day tickets..I was referring to the post you quoted though. Visiting Disney for one day and on a Disney Trip are different. If I was in Orlando and a 1 day MK visitor, I'd probably choose the prior or next day instead.
If I'm in Orlando specifically for Disney, with a multi day ticket, I'd still choose a party day to visit the park..even if they close at 6.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I agree that people buy 1 day tickets..I was referring to the post you quoted though. Visiting Disney for one day and on a Disney Trip are different. If I was in Orlando and a 1 day MK visitor, I'd probably choose the prior or next day instead.
If I'm in Orlando specifically for Disney, with a multi day ticket, I'd still choose a party day to visit the park..even if they close at 6.
Well, yeah, especially with them cutting it down to 9 hours -- more people will see less value in using a high-priced day in the MK. Now, if they're there on a 5+-day ticket, or have APs, there's a definite benefit.

21stamps

Well, yeah, especially with them cutting it down to 9 hours -- more people will see less value in using a high-priced day in the MK. Now, if they're there on a 5+-day ticket, or have APs, there's a definite benefit.

If you're paying for a 1 day ticket, is there a huge difference between 8&9 hours? Neither one will have fireworks.. I don't think that hour would be the determining factor with a single day guest.. I think the party itself would be the factor.
My opinion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom