News What time is the 2 o'clock parade?

21stamps

To the people who are upset about losing an hour..

Try to compare it like this..
Let's say next weekend you want to take your family somewhere for the day.. such as Zoo, Museum, Amusement Park. You don't get out much, and this is a special occasion.
Sunday will have shorter hours than Saturday at all of them.. Saturday will have fireworks at the amusement park, Sunday does not. Both days are the same price at all. So you decide which day you want to attend, correct?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
IF they were to ever make that change, that would be something that would make us re-assess the parties. Whenever we visit during the party season, we always use those days as our MK day since you can basically enjoy about eight hours at the park for a bit less

Only a matter of time only a matter of time before that change is made.

21stamps

Then why according to multiple insiders is the one day one park the most common ticket media sold at WDW?

Are the insiders lying or misinformed ?

I believe that ticket is extremely popular..I just don't think the majority of attendees on party mornings/afternoons are single day ticket holders

jakeman

Then why according to multiple insiders is the one day one park the most common ticket media sold at WDW?

Are the insiders lying or misinformed ?
Because that's not how fractions work.

There are multiple park tickets from 1 to 10 days then 3 levels of annual passes.

Just because it might be the most common in no way guarantees it's the majority of ticket type sold.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I believe that ticket is extremely popular..I just don't think the majority of attendees on party mornings/afternoons are single day ticket holders

As I've said the people who will be hit hardest by the change are convention goers and others who only have the 'Party Day' most posters here have AP's or are staying on packages so this really does not affect most regulars but it DOES trample on the one time value of treating EVERY Guest like a VIP.

Bob

Bo0bi3$
Premium Member
Because that's not how fractions work.

There are multiple park tickets from 1 to 10 days then 3 levels of annual passes.

Just because it might be the most common in no way guarantees it's the majority of ticket type sold.
cd92914a2bf2bdf79f91a99b91ce8e80.jpg

jakeman

You are forgetting in that analysis that the park closes 1 hour earlier to day guests and the party has also been shortened by an hour. Hence decrease in value

Where has that been stated or shown in an official statement?

Please show me the evidence for this because according to the WDW website both the parties are still six hours long

@ford91exploder , Twice you've said the length of the party has been shortened and twice you've been asked for your source on this.

What is your source that the length of the party has been shortened?

@ford91exploder

Answer the question.
Since you're here @ford91exploder

Answer the question.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Is the number of hours reduced by one hour when the park closes at 6 PM instead of 7 PM. Yes.

But... I often go off-peak when parks close several hours earlier than in the Summer. So, am I being cheated on the cost of a day-trip to the MK? There is no guarantee of X amount of hours.

cjlyon

Sorry to bring this back around to the subject of the parade being moved to 2pm but I reserved the package for the parade at Tonys Town Square and my reservation for lunch is at 115 its not possible to eat lunch and get to the parade by 2. How do they expect someone to make arrangements when they change things after reservations are made?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Sorry to bring this back around to the subject of the parade being moved to 2pm but I reserved the package for the parade at Tonys Town Square and my reservation for lunch is at 115 its not possible to eat lunch and get to the parade by 2. How do they expect someone to make arrangements when they change things after reservations are made?
You can ask for it to go, take it to your reserved seating, and dine al fresco...

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I doubt they are saving much. They still need a ton of crowd control and the actual fireworks show costs significantly more than Wishes to put on.

Really. What does it cost now for the fireworks? What did the previous one cost?

It isn't the amount of crowd control I commented on it is the amount of hours cut from crowd control. Evening Parade and consolidating the projection show, a break and then fireworks. That is minimum l.5 hours likely more given the set up in the streets for the parade alone. 1.5 hours times that significant amount of CMs just for crowd control you stated is a chunk of money times almost 12 months a year.

21stamps

Really. What does it cost now for the fireworks? What did the previous one cost?

It isn't the amount of crowd control I commented on it is the amount of hours cut from crowd control. Evening Parade and consolidating the projection show, a break and then fireworks. That is minimum l.5 hours likely more given the set up in the streets for the parade alone. 1.5 hours times that significant amount of CMs just for crowd control you stated is a chunk of money times almost 12 months a year.

I'm not an expert, but I think fireworks are fairly expensive.. and I'd assume all of the elements that went into creating and displaying Happily Ever After were more than likely not inexpensive. I guess you would need to take all of those costs and compare them to the costs pre HEA to figure it out.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I'm not an expert, but I think fireworks are fairly expensive.. and I'd assume all of the elements that went into creating and displaying Happily Ever After were more than likely not inexpensive. I guess you would need to take all of those costs and compare them to the costs pre HEA to figure it out.

That is why I asked, I'm not an expert either. It was stated to me the cost is significantly more. To make that statement one has to know what the old cost was and the new cost is right to determine it is a significant increase? This is how we all learn things. I've never seen Disney release those figures so since I now have that opportunity to learn from @MansionButler84 since he seems to indicate he has inside knowledge. I look forward to the link to that data, never seen it.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I'm not an expert, but I think fireworks are fairly expensive..
Disney has their own pyrotechnics shop. They either make them themselves or they have some Chinese company on permanent retainer. It's not like they hire the Souza family to come in every night.

21stamps

Disney has their own pyrotechnics shop. They either make them themselves or they have some Chinese company on permanent retainer. It's not like they hire the Souza family to come in every night.

True, I know they don't bring in an outside company every night.. i've only seen a preview of happily ever after, but it looks like quite the production. I would imagine that this year especially, the cost of HEA vs wishes is much higher.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom