What Things Today Would Walt Disney Have Never Done or Be Out RAGED ABOUT.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Look, I wanted to steal a joke from UHF. If YOU have a more fitting one, I'm all ears!
AHAHAAA!! Now THAT'S a good one! You're "all ears".. Cuz this is a Disney site!! And Mickey!! XD..... HAAAHAHAHAHA...Hahahahaa..Hah..........Ha... That wasn't a joke, was it... :cyclops:

Sassagoula-Rvr

Hard to say what he would have thought, I don't think he really wanted a WDW like we know today...it was the Florida project AKA EPCOT. I thought I read in a book one time he didn't even originally want a MK in florida...but Roy basically made him.

Sometimes I get upset about Maintenance...but then like others said...I see someone doing some very detailed work and realize I'm probably nitpicky. (although the attractions...cough Splash pre-refurb....do get bad).

I look at things like the Hyper Loop and fully believe Walt would be incorporating things like that....Truly visionary things. Growing up I ALWAYS wanted to work for the WDC...because you read all these books on Walt's story...and realize...he was no perfect person...but he cared about the quality of things...and I believe that is something that modern business loses sight of far too often these days.

JIMINYCR

I doubt Walt would have approved of expanding parks to outside of the USA. I believe he would have first expanded the FL property and considered other expansion areas within the USA. And I doubt he would have approved of a lot of the film content and direction the films have taken thats been produced by the Disney company.

bethymouse

He was all for "progress", and he'd probably be just as amazed and stunned as most "older" folks are at the cost of a family Disney vacation! I'm sure he'd be proud of his resorts, as I believe ( though pricey) the Disney resorts are very well maintained. He'd be happy about the Magic Kingdom, but a bit confused about EPCOT and which direction it is going. He'd probably be all for Avatarland in AK. I don't think he'd be too happy with DHS or the Frozen hype ( although the fireworks are very good). He might even be concerned about the ADR and MYMagic+ system, but yet again, he was all for "progress" "It's a great big beautiful tomorrow".:)

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
I think as long as they move forward with technology that wows and with quality and caring and never forgetting what made Disney what it is. The family is the center of who Disney should serve. This will make Walt proud.

Mouse_Trap

TSMM....you expect people to pay to come to the park and you want to give them a video console game they could play at home?

FP+....15 world class E-tickets or a reservation system? Which option adds best adds more capacity and increases guest happiness?

The hub...you take my perfect hub, and obliterate it into a concrete parking lot jungle!

Scooter

Nobody knows for sure what Walt would do or not do if he was alive today but it's fun to speculate.
I think World of Motion would still be here if he was alive but with upgrades of course.

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
TSMM....you expect people to pay to come to the park and you want to give them a video console game they could play at home?

FP+....15 world class E-tickets or a reservation system? Which option adds best adds more capacity and increases guest happiness?

The hub...you take my perfect hub, and obliterate it into a concrete parking lot jungle!

You know I actually did not like the idea of the app until I started using it and I do see value in knowing the wait times before I go and walk to the attraction. I like getting fast passes in advance it at least allows me to get on a ride that normally I may bypass because of the wait times. I see this as something Walt may have done himeself.

Matt_Black

If the stories are true then he probably wouldn't have been to happy about 'Gay Day' (not that there's anything wrong with 'Gay Day')

Well, now that depends. Walt was progressive in his day in a lot of ways, but he was still a man of his day, and a very public figure at that. It's quite possible that were he still alive, his opinions may have changed just as they have changed for many in this country.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I don't know, I didn't know the guy.

We can make educated guesses on what Mr. Disney would have liked/disliked and approved/disapproved based on knowledge of his ideas, way of thinking, etc., but we can't be absolutely certain.

What fantastic insight here. Glad it's been repeated ad naseum as well. Up until this morning I thought we could know for sure what a man who's been dead for 45 years would like or dislike. Thank to all who finally taught me better.

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
Well one would certainly hope so, that's for sure.

The world is full of speculation about our famous people that are no longer here and how they would have viewed current times. I'm not sure if he would have had any special day for any one group but he would have embraced them in his park as one human family.

EpcoTim

If he were to walk the parks right now; his first bit of rage would be caused by how disgusting the clientele has become in contrast to his days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom