What Things Today Would Walt Disney Have Never Done or Be Out RAGED ABOUT.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
lost the wow factor with the mini tiki god as opposed to the giant water fall? I loved walking in and hearing the water fall and the smell of the tropical plants.
Hmm, I never thought - wow - when I entered the lobby. I thought - where the heck is everything, since I can see nothing else, and, where do I tell someone to meet me here in the lobby? I just always thought is was too big for the area. Now saying that, could they have made the new one larger? Yes, and they probably should have, since I agree that it is a bit small, but over-all, I like the look of the new lobby compared to the old one.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
WHAT THINGS TODAY WOULD WALT DISNEY HAVE NEVER DONE OR BE OUTRAGED ABOUT.

I think that he would've never cut off all his limbs and had them replaced with advanced robotics since self mutilation never comes up in any of the biographies I've read. I think he would be outraged about the secret compound on the outskirts of Pop where all the child labor is housed since, like everything else, Disney pays way too much for these kids. I always say, if you're going to force children into indentured servitude you need to do it right. I see no reason to mess around with a couple of bucks and an ice cream cone each day.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I think this is a question that will never have an answer.

http://land.allears.net/blogs/jackspence/2012/06/what_would_walt_do_1.html
^ This is a good blog post on the topic.

I also don't think Walt would mind Starbucks. You guys are hilarious. He could not have BUILT Disneyland without corporate sponsors.
That is an excellent article that everyone who thinks that Walt was perfect should read. He left things unfinished, sometimes for months on end, even in guest areas. Nobody is perfect.

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
Hmm, I never thought - wow - when I entered the lobby. I thought - where the heck is everything, since I can see nothing else, and, where do I tell someone to meet me here in the lobby? I just always thought is was too big for the area. Now saying that, could they have made the new one larger? Yes, and they probably should have, since I agree that it is a bit small, but over-all, I like the look of the new lobby compared to the old one.

what ever happened to scale, the Tiki god size with the trickle of water does not work in the large expanse of the lobby. I do like some of the changes but there needs to be more TIKI and more plants for the tropical feel.

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
would he have gone along with the price structure for drinks and meals since family was his thing. I went to the new Sam's Grotto at the Poly , $39.00 for a drink in a souviner glass submarine. OUCH. Would he have approved of the alchol in the parks?

POLY LOVER

Original Poster

Diznyfan

I think he would be disappointed by the lack of good show in the attractions and parks overall. Many of these boards contain recommendations for simple painting refurbishments and repair of audio anamatronics, Walt would not have tolerated a "bad show". Additionally I think he would be disappointed in the lack of imagineering new concepts in the sense that many of the "new" rides are simply duplications of existing rides (Ariels Under Sea Adventure, etc.).

On the other hand, I think he would have liked the idea of continuing progress and innovention with the current technology capabilities of today and would have looked to utilize those opportunities wherever possible.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
would he have gone along with the price structure for drinks and meals since family was his thing. I went to the new Sam's Grotto at the Poly , $39.00 for a drink in a souviner glass submarine. OUCH. Would he have approved of the alchol in the parks?
You can't go there, since Club 33 has had alcohol from day one in DL, and it was his idea. And as far as drink prices go, if it's too much for you, or not worth it to you, then don't pay it. While I can certainly afford it, I would not spend $39 for a drink with a souvenir cup. But I will get multiple Lapu Lapu drinks from the Tambu Lounge!

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
I think he would be disappointed by the lack of good show in the attractions and parks overall. Many of these boards contain recommendations for simple painting refurbishments and repair of audio anamatronics, Walt would not have tolerated a "bad show". Additionally I think he would be disappointed in the lack of imagineering new concepts in the sense that many of the "new" rides are simply duplications of existing rides (Ariels Under Sea Adventure, etc.).

On the other hand, I think he would have liked the idea of continuing progress and innovention with the current technology capabilities of today and would have looked to utilize those opportunities wherever possible.

Yes the painting needs and maintenace I feel would have never been tolerated. I see things now that I would never have seen even 10 years ago. Faded and chipped paint how it stands out now. I remember seeing painting happening on the spot in the past. I remember commenting to my wife one night when they had a section of concrete blocks roped off and seeing it being painted on the spot. Now you have to wait for a scheduled shut down for them to catch up with basic repairs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom