What Things Today Would Walt Disney Have Never Done or Be Out RAGED ABOUT.

Matt_Black

The world is full of speculation about our famous people that are no longer here and how they would have viewed current times. I'm not sure if he would have had any special day for any one group but he would have embraced them in his park as one human family.

I like to think so, too.

mergatroid

The world is full of speculation about our famous people that are no longer here and how they would have viewed current times. I'm not sure if he would have had any special day for any one group but he would have embraced them in his park as one human family.

Again, one would hope so.

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
If he were to walk the parks right now; his first bit of rage would be caused by how disgusting the clientele has become in contrast to his days.

why do you say that I have not had any bad experiences there must people are respectful and orderly. In all my time I have never run across outrages behaviour? I have run acros some folks who feel they can just do as they please as far as walking in front of you and cutting you off but most times I guess that is because of volume.

Tom P.

Walt Disney would have been outraged at the inclusion of anything related to Frozen in the parks.

This is not my opinion or speculation. This is fact, as irrefutable as the fact of Walt Disney's cryogenic preservation.

Please do not reply and attempt to argue with me simply because you cannot handle the truth.

End of line.

Cmdr_Crimson

Walt: So guys..Just a Little curious here...And I'm not naming names.....But, Where is this right now?
epcot-1.jpg

AshaNeOmah

I'm glad someone mentioned EPCOT. Walt would have never even considered Disney World if his backers hadn't agreed to fund EPCOT along with it. He had Disneyland and knew it would never be 'finished'. That's one of his most well-known quotes:

"Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."

From the biographies I've read, he had no desire to build another theme park and had set his sights on much larger goals. The Florida Project is very unlike what Walt Disney World is today. He wouldn't have approved of anything after EPCOT as canned.

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
Disney is a special place that is why it has had the success it has. It has to strive to be different , unique, and be about the changing family.

Last edited:

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
I don't know how he'd feel about the presence of Starbucks in the parks.

I don't think he would have a problem with it as a sponsorship but I think he would have issues with it as a franchise within the park running its own business model and not his. I think the coffeee would be there but the Bakery would still operate as a bakery with starbucks coffee being sold.

Matt_Black

Well, thank goodness for the informative qualities of the interwebs then....

They weren't asking "the interwebs". They were asking YOU. You made a claim, you were asked to back that up with a citation or resource, you failed to do so. And your defensive sarcasm is trying to divert attention away from the fact that you are deliberately dodging the question.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
They weren't asking "the interwebs". They were asking YOU. You made a claim, you were asked to back that up with a citation or resource, you failed to do so. And your defensive sarcasm is trying to divert attention away from the fact that you are deliberately dodging the question.
Or, I simply don't feel like doing someone else's work for them.

But I've been told that Yesterland has some excellent article on DL history....

Matt_Black

Or, I simply don't feel like doing someone else's work for them.

But I've been told that Yesterland has some excellent article on DL history....

Then put up a link. Being rude and dismissive generally isn't often the way to make people go, "Ah, of course! What a fool I was!"

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Then put up a link. Being rude and dismissive generally isn't often the way to make people go, "Ah, of course! What a fool I was!"
This individual has been provided with examples of franchises before, yet continues his pattern of disbelief in more than one thread. If he was truly interested, he could have done his own research by now. If my providing him the name of another site is being rude or dismissive, I'll live with the ignominy....

Last edited:

yellowrocket

There's a great book called "Waking Walt" (it was actually published online under the name "Snowbird") about a cryogenically un-frozen Walt Disney that hitchhikes his way to Epcot. It was written in the early 2000s. There's a subplot about Russian mobsters I can't quite remember, but main crux of Disney at Walt Disney World and what he thought of his namesake was pretty good.

NCO91590

I think Walt would have wanted to pay his employees better. I think that he knew that happy employees meant that they were courteous to guests. I don't think employees get paid nearly enough for how hard they work and for dealing with the public. I've noticed that customer service has decreased over the last 4-5 times I've been.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom