What Things Today Would Walt Disney Have Never Done or Be Out RAGED ABOUT.

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
I found this don't know how accurate or current it is.

"The mission of The Walt Disney Company is to be one of the world's leading producers and providers of entertainment and information. Using our portfolio of brands to differentiate our content, services and consumer products, we seek to develop the most creative, innovative and profitable entertainment experiences and related products in the world."

And this one said it was from 2013.

“The Walt Disney Company's objective is to be one of the world's leading producers and providers of entertainment and information, using its portfolio of brands to differentiate its content, services and consumer products. The company's primary financial goals are to maximize earnings and cash flow, and to allocate capital toward growth initiatives that will drive long-term shareholder value.”

Thanks, if accurate or current I,m a bit disappointed there are some things missing that I would have thought would be in there. I,ll let others comments on what they think should be in there and are not.

Minnie1976

I think Walt would be very upset with EPCOT. It is nothing like he wanted it to be. What it has become is a mess compared to what it originally was when it 1st opened!

I saw Tomorrowland. It is awful!!!

Goofyernmost

I think Walt would be very upset with EPCOT. It is nothing like he wanted it to be. What it has become is a mess compared to what it originally was when it 1st opened!

I saw Tomorrowland. It is awful!!!
1) You are correct, the only thing about EPCOT that was what Walt wanted was the name EPCOT. Other then that it had nothing to do with his vision.
2) Let's not over state that. It isn't a mess at all with the exception of the closed WoL pavilion and the disaster that Imagination became. Other then that it is in pretty good shape. Horizons is gone as is WoM neither of which Walt even had an inkling about. Not his concept.
3) I'm assuming you meant Future World since you were focusing on EPCOT or did you mean Tomorrowland in Magic Kingdom.

copcarguyp71

Walt would have never tolerated:

- non working effects (old AND new attractions)
- spaces shut down and empty for years with no hope for the future
- mediocre dining (sit down)

At least that is my read on who the man was....

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Don't have to be a "monitor" (or moderator) to see you're bumping your own thread for no reason....

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
image.jpg
Don't have to be a "monitor" (or moderator) to see you're bumping your own thread for no reason....
Quick get over to the 'their building a Disneyland' thread someone just answered a post from June. Hurry go get them.

Last edited:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Amazing how you can tell a persons motives that you don't even know. You must be a joy to be around, policeman. You are falling behind you have a lot of threads to monitor, get to work! View attachment 113301
Well, you bump your thread by responding to a three month-old comment. And you've bumped your threads before to keep them on page one. Not hard to see, save possibly by yourself....

Last edited:

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Walt would be raged about nothing. He would have moved on from theme parks long ago if he were still alive. Mystery solved.

Thread can be closed....for good...without bumping.

Matt_Black

Walt would be raged about nothing. He would have moved on from theme parks long ago if he were still alive. Mystery solved.

Thread can be closed....for good...without bumping.

That's what I'm thinking. Walt was always looking at "the next thing", so I'd wager he'd leave the parks to someone he thought was capable and focus on something like coming up with an innovative mobile app or something.

Minnie1976

1) You are correct, the only thing about EPCOT that was what Walt wanted was the name EPCOT. Other then that it had nothing to do with his vision.
2) Let's not over state that. It isn't a mess at all with the exception of the closed WoL pavilion and the disaster that Imagination became. Other then that it is in pretty good shape. Horizons is gone as is WoM neither of which Walt even had an inkling about. Not his concept.
3) I'm assuming you meant Future World since you were focusing on EPCOT or did you mean Tomorrowland in Magic Kingdom.

I was referring to the movie Tomorrowland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom