What the heck are some people wearing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KBLovedDisney

I don't think you guys are arguing the same point. Yes, we shouldn't be ashamed of our bodies, BUT we should be respectful to ourselves and to others in our attire (and manner) out in the world. I am not about to walk around Disney in undergarments just because "I am not ashamed". No. I am going to walk around appropriately dressed not only for the weather, but also because I am respectful to myself as well as others.

Hayley In Wonderland

I don't think you guys are arguing the same point. Yes, we shouldn't be ashamed of our bodies, BUT we should be respectful to ourselves and to others in our attire (and manner) out in the world. I am not about to walk around Disney in undergarments just because "I am not ashamed". No. I am going to walk around appropriately dressed not only for the weather, but also because I am respectful to myself as well as others.
People can walk around in their underwear and still respect themselves, your attire doesn't determine that. I personally wouldn't do that and I don't think Disney would allow that.. But from what I've seen, people are literally complaining because you could see a part of someone's bum cheek hanging out under her shorts.

aw14

People can walk around in their underwear and still respect themselves, your attire doesn't determine that. I personally wouldn't do that and I don't think Disney would allow that.. But from what I've seen, people are literally complaining because you could see a part of someone's bum cheek hanging out under her shorts.
There are clothing choices that are weather appropriate and also not "rear end" revealing.

OneofThree

Evidently, you don't study science either, because you're really just pulling assertions here out of your oversexualized butt. Empiricism will own you, "like, literally".

Hayley In Wonderland

Evidently, you don't study science either, because you're really just pulling assertions here out of your oversexualized butt. Empiricism will own you, "like, literally".
You do you, boo. If the best thing you can do is insult my intelligence then :facepalm:

I don't need to be a scientist to know that people are entitled to wear what they want without being judged, oversexualised or ridiculed.

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
Applicable rules (emphasis mine):

Proper attire, including shoes and shirts, must be worn at all times.

We reserve the right to deny admission to or remove any person wearing attire that we consider inappropriate or attire that could detract from the experience of other Guests.

We reserve the right to deny admission, or to require a person already admitted to leave a Park, without refund, liability or compensation if we consider that the circumstances so require.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Applicable rules (emphasis mine):

Proper attire, including shoes and shirts, must be worn at all times.

We reserve the right to deny admission to or remove any person wearing attire that we consider inappropriate or attire that could detract from the experience of other Guests.

We reserve the right to deny admission, or to require a person already admitted to leave a Park, without refund, liability or compensation if we consider that the circumstances so require.
So, to me, that means shoes and clothing that covers "the naughty bits."

Gitson Shiggles

I now feel morally obliged to climb onto Cinderella Castle just before HEA, moon everybody from the balcony, run upstairs, fight Tinkerbell, then slide down her rope butt-naked yelling I'm Jiminey Crack-it as I sing 'When You Wish Upon my Star....'

If that’s on your bucket list, I want to be there, laughing my proverbial butt off.

Gitson Shiggles

So, to me, that means shoes and clothing that covers "the naughty bits."
It’s really at the company’s discretion, and will likely (educated guess) be based somewhat on the societal mores of the host culture and what experience the company wants their guests to have. I don’t think they need to have anthropologists on their payroll.

ninjaprincesst

I cannot deal with how judgmental people can be. I mean, if it's against Disney's dress policy then fair enough BUT people are perfectly entitled to wear whatever the hell they want without someone looking down their nose at them. If people want to wear black with black, then let them. If people wanna wear booty shorts, they can do. It has no impact on your life whatsoever. I notice this thread is predominantly judging how women dress, too. If you don't like it, don't look. Stop wasting your time and energy dragging other people down for their choice in clothing. It's not our fault that people can't look at our bodies without sexualising them.
Sorry but if you put yourself out there in revealing clothing in a place where it is mainly families most of which have small children, you should have to at least cover up, I mean see through shirt with stickers as pasties, and sorry if you are letting it all hang out and putting it on display you deserve to be sexualized and you can;t help but notice when someone who is half naked walks by, and you can't tell me that the women that dress that way don't do it on purpose.

Hayley In Wonderland

Sorry but if you put yourself out there in revealing clothing in a place where it is mainly families most of which have small children, you should have to at least cover up, I mean see through shirt with stickers as pasties, and sorry if you are letting it all hang out and putting it on display you deserve to be sexualized and you can;t help but notice when someone who is half naked walks by, and you can't tell me that the women that dress that way don't do it on purpose.
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom